Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The simple answer is not enough men or material.

Two innovations which mitigate those limitations had not yet been invented.

Barbed wire and the machine gun.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Our New Mandate from the new US Resident:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]private image hosting

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Cause Truman was too much of a pussy wimp to let MacArthur go in there and blow out those Commie bastards!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by LFC
Seeing the future I bet if the Yanks could do it over again they'd throw their hands up and surrender....

If it happens again, I would expect a lot more states to secede.

North v South is no longer the dividing line.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My humble thoughts?

They underestimated the other side's will to fight.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The south didnt want to fight. They had no choice. It was fight and maybe win and not be destroyed or dont fight and surely be destroyed.

Its quite analogous to the miserable situation us freedom loving patriots and constitutionalists now find ourselves in.

We are at the Precipice. We change direction and maybe die or dont change direction and surely die.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Life would be more simple had they have won. We'd still have tubes in our radios, but I could live with that.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Life would be more simple had they have won. We'd still have tubes in our radios, but I could live with that.

Nothing wrong with tubes in a nice preamp and amplifier. Vinyl is relaxing.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The south didnt want to fight

Speeches from prominent Southern politicians would indicate otherwise.

Compare their words to Lincoln's 1st inaugural address.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They lost because of their arrogance and lack of commitment.

Same reason why we've lost every war since WW2.

God Bless America
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
From what I’ve read most historians believe that the South lacked the industrial centers to win the war despite having better leadership and overall the more committed and talented men. If winning the war was a war of attrition that the South couldn’t win outright. Why didn’t the South fight more of a defensive gorilla warfare strategy similar to Afghanistan?

It seems if the South had fought more of a resistance war using men such as General Forrest as hardline resistance to run spec ops in the against the North while also running raids setting fire to towns and fields in the North from Virginia that they could have made life miserable enough on the North to drag it out and break there will at some point. It worked in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and over most of the the British Empire. It seems that it would have worked for the South. The one thing working against the South would have been the rebel leadership being easy targets due to being obvious fixed target plantation owners but the masses it seems could have blended in as average every day folks just trying to survive while running upsurp wars.

Why? Same reason a protracted insurgency probably wouldn't work today. Soccer moms... or whatever their equivalent was back then.

Soccer moms wouldn't like navigating roadside bombs on the way to yoga and Starbucks.

DESPITE what white American women would have us all believe, they've long since held plenty of power in this country.

Minorities have plenty of power. Playing the victim card is one of there most effective weapons. Around 1861 I doubt that the South was full of soccer mom/Karen’s but maybe I’m wrong.

American women wouldn't tolerate 20 years of war today and I doubt they would have back then.

Um, they just did tolerate 20 years of wasteful war, bud.

And have cheerfully participated in 50 years of war against their own American countrymen and women.

And now, like ticks, they're even more embedded in gubmint positions, always ready to sew communist seed.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
They lost because of their arrogance and lack of commitment.
Same reason why we've lost every war since WW2.
In reality we lost WW1 and WW2. What did we gain? Did we free Asia and Europe or did murderous Russian and Chinese communism take over? We goaded Japan into attacking us and were arming the countries fighting Germany. And never have paid for either war or the interest on the money. The wars have broken us and put us at the mercy of the central bankers. Should have taken George Washington's advice and stayed out of the affairs of countries across the sea.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Let's beer clear off the objective....

Did we lose?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bluefish
From what I’ve read most historians believe that the South lacked the industrial centers to win the war despite having better leadership and overall the more committed and talented men. If winning the war was a war of attrition that the South couldn’t win outright. Why didn’t the South fight more of a defensive gorilla warfare strategy similar to Afghanistan?

It seems if the South had fought more of a resistance war using men such as General Forrest as hardline resistance to run spec ops in the against the North while also running raids setting fire to towns and fields in the North from Virginia that they could have made life miserable enough on the North to drag it out and break there will at some point. It worked in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and over most of the the British Empire. It seems that it would have worked for the South. The one thing working against the South would have been the rebel leadership being easy targets due to being obvious fixed target plantation owners but the masses it seems could have blended in as average every day folks just trying to survive while running upsurp wars.

Why? Same reason a protracted insurgency probably wouldn't work today. Soccer moms... or whatever their equivalent was back then.

Soccer moms wouldn't like navigating roadside bombs on the way to yoga and Starbucks.

DESPITE what white American women would have us all believe, they've long since held plenty of power in this country.

Minorities have plenty of power. Playing the victim card is one of there most effective weapons. Around 1861 I doubt that the South was full of soccer mom/Karen’s but maybe I’m wrong.

American women wouldn't tolerate 20 years of war today and I doubt they would have back then.

Um, they just did tolerate 20 years of wasteful war, bud.

JFC... I'm talking about here, in the USA, in their backyard.... guy,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I’ve read most historians believe that the South lacked the industrial centers to win the war despite having better leadership and overall the more committed and talented men. If winning the war was a war of attrition that the South couldn’t win outright. Why didn’t the South fight more of a defensive guerrilla warfare strategy similar to Afghanistan?

It seems if the South had fought more of a resistance war using men such as General Forrest as hardline resistance to run spec ops against the North while also running raids setting fire to towns and fields in the North from Virginia that they could have made life miserable enough on the North to drag it out and break there will at some point. It worked in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and over most of the the British Empire. I think it would have worked for the South. The one thing working against the South would have been the rebel leadership being easy targets due to being obvious fixed target plantation owners but the masses it seems could have blended in as average every day folks just trying to survive while running upsurp wars.

One of the biggest mistakes made by Southerners was not to free slaves before firing at Ft. Sumter. No country would provide aid to slave states.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The south was to busy " fixn and aiming to whoop ass". To get it done! That and zero industrial base to supply the needs of their army! Pretty simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The South had most of the experienced officers, and most capable soldiers, but lacking a strong industrial base, they absolutely needed to win the war quickly. Since they fiddled around too much at the start, it quickly became a hopeless cause. It should have gone only one way after Bull Run, leading to a quick forced peace with Lincoln. Having issued too many general ranks based on favors, they didn't have the battlefield leadership to accomplish that early on. Eventually, of course, they put Lee in charge, but by then it was too late. The North had already gotten their industrial base into action, as well as an unlimited flow if immigrants for immediate induction into the Union Army in exchange for citizenship.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Because Old John Brown was not just one guy.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Gibby
Southerners can shoot better for sure. Especially when it is windy. We make better lovers to keep the women happy. We have our black folk better trained. Most have shoes now. We have Bourbon instead of blended whiskey. Much better cornbread.

Hell, lets try it again. Pick a date to start this $h!t .

the "black" problem that we have today is a direct problem that you ....the south ....have brought upon this country......bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by LFC
Seeing the future I bet if the Yanks could do it over again they'd throw their hands up and surrender....

If it happens again, I would expect a lot more states to secede.

North v South is no longer the dividing line.

true...bob

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.