Hop To
B
Blu_Cs Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Dear Fellow fire members:

After a bone crushing victory in the GA-SC game (go Dawgs, woot woot!) last night I've been busy trying to move the ball forward. This weekend its rod building pretty much.

In various stages of completion:

1) 8 1/2' rod for throwing Senkos in gin clear New England water for smallmouths. Matches 2500c
2) 7' 30 lb class yellowtail rod for paddy hoppng in SoCal, also football yellowfins. Matches a tibbed 3/0 (112H) or Penn 535
3) 8'3" trigger rod for FL snook and tarpon. Not your grandpappy's popping rod. Matches 6500C
4) 9 1/2 pier rod for the spring cobia run in the Gulf (FL/MS/AL). Matches 7000C

On the hunting front sorting out what to take for a father daughter upland bird hunt in the Northeast Kingdom of VT in early Oct.

None of what I have is fancy, but on the fishing side it is fit-to-purpose, and in 10/10 operating condition even if (way) older. Reels are prolly hotrodded, many are 50 YO plus. On the hunting side, its ...well...practical.

Anyway, getting things ready.

Our deer season here in GA has already started (bow), but I'm waiting for cooler weather and the rut. Jus too much other stuff going on otherwise.

So if you are not going yer getting ready for something, I hope! What are you doing to move the ball forward this weekend?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sounds like i need to be your friend.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/19/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sighting in, in a little bit when it cools down. 6.5x55, 270, 243

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Dear Fellow fire members:

After a bone crushing victory in the GA-SC game (go Dawgs, woot woot!) last night I've been busy trying to move the ball forward. This weekend its rod building pretty much.

In various stages of completion:

1) 8 1/2' rod for throwing Senkos in gin clear New England water for smallmouths. Matches 2500c
2) 7' 30 lb class yellowtail rod for paddy hoppng in SoCal, also football yellowfins. Matches a tibbed 3/0 (112H) or Penn 535
3) 8'3" trigger rod for FL snook and tarpon. Not your grandpappy's popping rod. Matches 6500C
4) 9 1/2 pier rod for the spring cobia run in the Gulf (FL/MS/AL). Matches 7000C

On the hunting front sorting out what to take for a father daughter upland bird hunt in the Northeast Kingdom of VT in early Oct.

None of what I have is fancy, but on the fishing side it is fit-to-purpose, and in 10/10 operating condition even if (way) older. Reels are prolly hotrodded, many are 50 YO plus. On the hunting side, its ...well...practical.

Anyway, getting things ready.

Our deer season here in GA has already started (bow), but I'm waiting for cooler weather and the rut. Jus too much other stuff going on otherwise.

So if you are not going yer getting ready for something, I hope! What are you doing to move the ball forward this weekend?

Busted my ass working heifers Fri morning, checking windmills on 187,000 acres for rancher friend on vacation and dove hunting that evening.

I rested and watched college football Sat.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reloading and shooting my elk rifle and our youngest son's rifle.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Went dancing Friday night, saw Cody Canada and the Departed. I was hung over yesterday, went to early church, some crap for the wifey this afternoon.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 09/19/21.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bought a Weatherby Vanguard Bronze in 30-06!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put up a trail camera, and took a nice hike with the new lab.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cleaned the car this morning. Cleaned a few pistols this afternoon. Took it easy today. Wore myself out Friday evening cleaning off the garden.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
All three of my rifles behaved well at the range. Under an inch for all three. Way under for the savage .270.

I like it when the handloads and rifles play nice and it's not a fight to figure out what's wrong.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sighted in three rifles today that got new scopes.
Walked my new property line and marked trees with paint (added 7 acres I bought from a couple neighbors this year)
Worked on a tree stand that got beat up over the winter.
Went through the fridge at the cabin and stocked the cabinets with a bunch of soup s and other canned goods. Made sure there was propane for the grill. Brought firewood out of the barn onto the porch.
Rotated tires on my Tacoma I use for hunting/fishing and ran the winch, checked the spare, charged the jump pack that rides in it.
New tires and fenders and a new winch on the boat trailer that carry’s my gheenoe
New seats on the boat, charged the battery that powers the trolling motor.
Smoked Salmon and a pan of Mac-n-cheese for dinner.
Sipping bourbon now.
Gooood day.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Should finish hunting alligators tomorrow, planning to teal hunt Friday and Saturday with the lows in the upper 50’s, moving my houseboat to the hunting lease very soon, deer season starts in three weeks. Great time of the year.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sighted in three rifles today that got new scopes.
Walked my new property line and marked trees with paint (added 7 acres I bought from a couple neighbors this year)
Worked on a tree stand that got beat up over the winter.
Went through the fridge at the cabin and stocked the cabinets with a bunch of soup s and other canned goods. Made sure there was propane for the grill. Brought firewood out of the barn onto the porch.
Rotated tires on my Tacoma I use for hunting/fishing and ran the winch, checked the spare, charged the jump pack that rides in it.
New tires and fenders and a new winch on the boat trailer that carry’s my gheenoe
New seats on the boat, charged the battery that powers the trolling motor.
Smoked Salmon and a pan of Mac-n-cheese for dinner.
Sipping bourbon now.
Gooood day.

You've been busy!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,192
Posts18,465,824
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.