Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Shot pins for about 10 years till the local club quit for whatever reason, believe rock your glock made more money. Funner than all get out. Pins get heavy and don’t roll to well after they have been shot a bunch. Want some real fun, shoot a single action class. Most fun I ever had.

That is fun for sure. Just for chidts and giggles I used a single action revolver in one of the matches last time. Borrowed it from a buddy shooting the event. That was a kick in the pants.. No, I didn't win that one. Ha ha.. and yes, the pins do get heavy. We keep using the pins from the rimfire event and mid bore event and use them for our final big bores, where the pins are set at the front edge of the table. It takes a good hit to take them off the table with 1 shot per pin. A lot of times they just lay there and spin on the table and present us with difficult shots. This is where you have to force yourself to slow down a bit and focus on making the shot count... If you did it for 10 years, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Its like slowing down to go faster....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Oakster
I would have thought there would be a lot more recommendations for CFE Pistol.... whats wrong with that powder?

I hope nothing is wrong with it. A couple weeks ago it was the only thing on the shelf at Sportsman's and I grabbed a couple pounds.

I have not loaded with it yet. But all the data looks very promising. I have been cleaning out some old inventory, Universal & HS-6. But I am looking forward to trying CFE Pistol and a couple pounds of Longshot I found last week.

The real beauty in loading for the 9mm, is you can use a lot of different powders. As these guys have named off quite a few that work very well.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would have thought there would be a lot more recommendations for CFE Pistol.... whats wrong with that powder?

Probably nothing, but most of us have already found something we like and have enough not to have worried about trying something "new". A 4 pounder of Universal lasts a long time.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Probably nothing, but most of us have already found something we like and have enough not to have worried about trying something "new". A 4 pounder of Universal lasts a long time.

That’s the truth. I picked up 16 lbs. of Red Dot at a fundraiser in about 05 for 40 bucks. At 3.5 - 5 grains I’ve only went through 12 lbs.

Swifty
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I just picked up 4 pounds of Win 572, it's going to be my favorite by default. Any suggestions on bullet weights for hotter loads? Can't seem to get the Hodgdon site to work today...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Swifty
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I hope nothing is wrong with it. A couple weeks ago it was the only thing on the shelf at Sportsman's and I grabbed a couple pounds.

I have not loaded with it yet. But all the data looks very promising. I have been cleaning out some old inventory, Universal & HS-6. But I am looking forward to trying CFE Pistol and a couple pounds of Longshot I found last week.

The real beauty in loading for the 9mm, is you can use a lot of different powders. As these guys have named off quite a few that work very well.

For sure.

And, in today's availability climate, you may be shooting the powder you can find. It's just a good thing a bunch of different powders do work, some better than others.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did 2000 9mm 115 gr RNHB over 4.3 gr Universal this weekend. I still have 500 MT cases to fill with 124 gr RMR hollowpoints. They will get the same charge of Universal until it runs out. Then I will get back into the open can of HS-6.

I like Universal. It is great powder. Works very well in the 40 and 45 too..

+1

I'm another Universal fan.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am finding that I am going thru old powder that I have had for years and loading it up just because I don't want to pay the crazy prices some people are wanting for powder now. Just finished off a can of Bulleye that has a price of $11.97 on the can. That old soldier was emptied out last week. I have a can of about that same time period of Universal that is next on the hit list.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Clean Shot, 4.4 gr w 115 gr plated works well for me in pistols
Major Pistol, 7.0 g w 124 gr plated HP for my Beretta CX4

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Have a lot of different powders for fun and practice but kind of partial to AA7 for defense rounds.

There are vids out there showing the very low flash of AA7.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Longshot is the cats ass in the 10mm as well. I’m using accurate #7 in the 9mm.

I've used both power pistol and longshot in my 40 S&W and my 45 ACP and it worked great, but this is the first time I tried it in the 9mm. I'm not saying it's the cats azz, but it works for sure. Loaded up 400 rounds of the 125gr HAP and 200 of the 124gr XTP's. Same charge of powder and oal:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Doesn't look like 400 rounds laying there. I kept thinking I wished I had a progressive. I was only able to load 385 in an hour on my single stage..

And I’ll see your 600 and raise you 500+. 9mm, 6.4 gr PowerPistol, 124 gr Gold Dots. On a Rockchucker.

[Linked Image]

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
For pistols I’ve hoarded a little Bullseye and a bit of PowerPistol & Blue Dot. 38 Special, 9mm, .357, .40, and 44 RemMag. Don’t feel lacking. Though a little AA9 and H110 finds it’s way on the bench for a Big Bang.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by 79S

I've used both power pistol and longshot in my 40 S&W and my 45 ACP and it worked great, but this is the first time I tried it in the 9mm. I'm not saying it's the cats azz, but it works for sure. Loaded up 400 rounds of the 125gr HAP and 200 of the 124gr XTP's. Same charge of powder and oal:

Doesn't look like 400 rounds laying there. I kept thinking I wished I had a progressive. I was only able to load 385 in an hour on my single stage..

And I’ll see your 600 and raise you 500+. 9mm, 6.4 gr PowerPistol, 124 gr Gold Dots. On a Rockchucker.

[Linked Image]

Damn, you are ambitious. I like your reloading set-up. Looks similar to mine.. You and I are the only ones here that use our press mounted priming stations. I like using mine, as I can feel the primer seat consistently every time.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Have a lot of different powders for fun and practice but kind of partial to AA7 for defense rounds.

There are vids out there showing the very low flash of AA7.

I just use black powder. That way I can run after the shot and they don't know where I went..

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I loaded 40 on a single stage once, no way Id want to do it again......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damn, you are ambitious. I like your reloading set-up. Looks similar to mine.. You and I are the only ones here that use our press mounted priming stations. I like using mine, as I can feel the primer seat consistently every time.

Actually my ambition waned a bit looking at all the components I’d accumulated without any loading. I’m on a roll now. And yeah I like the press mounted primer. Saves an extra step. Size & charge, then flare and reprime while the case is still in the press. I can feel how the primer seats as well, though some say they can’t. To each his own I suppose. One good thing about loading in quantity but you get to spot somebody a few if they’re low on ammo or out. I also loaded some .40, .357 and .44 in my marathon. Took a box of all 4 to my daughter’s future father-in-law this past weekend. He grinned.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Blue Dot and Unique has served me well.

A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

I"ll fold my cards, spent my money on a Hornady LNL AP to never return to single stage press for handguning Favorite powder is Powder Pistol for 9 mm and .45, heard good comments for Titegroup.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I mostly use Longshot and 124g xtps at 1200 fps. I also like BE-86 and used to use a lot of power pistol too. Longshot is my favorite in 40s and 10mm so it makes sense for me to use it in 9mm too. I also use it in mid range 44 and 357 loads and +p 45 colt.

Bb

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.