Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Heym06
The wife drives a Subaru Ascent. The lane assist is not an option she or I use. Turn it off and it doesn't come back on unless you turn it on! Just don't put a coexist, or rainbow decal in the windows! Subaru makes fine cars, your wife will like it!

On the bright side, dudes won’t hit on your wife. OTOH, every lesbian in town gonna be like “check out the hottie in the scooby-doo!!”....

GB1

F
Fenton Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
Subaru are tough durable reliable cars. Now, some people should not be driving !!!!!!!

Oldwoodyz,

We're trying to cope with an unfortunate turn of events. Conditions have changed...we're adjusting as best we can.

Hopefully you've had no physical challenges of your own...yet.

Your concern sir, particularly noted.

Fenton

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
i've never driven a cross trek but we have had a few subies in the family. i love my 16 outback and my daughter loves her 19 forester. for peripheral vision, check out the size of the A pillars. on both my outback and my daughters forester, the A pillar is thick and takes some getting used to. for AWD you won't find better. all mine go through snow like little tanks.

Last Feb we got caught in that storm that shut down OR and WA for a week. I-5 was open but it was a mess. It hadn't been plowed and had a foot of snow with frozen ruts. The only pass over the Cascades that was open was White Pass in WA. We sailed over it in our Highlander. Quite a few cars have AWD and could have done the same but what makes the real difference is the tires. We had studded real snow tires all around. All seasons aren't any better than highways on slick stuff. They're too hard for good traction.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Our first new car was a 1971 Subaru which was an almost indestructible car. Put 200,000 miles on it. Next car was a 1976 Subaru 4WD and it was an absolute POS and calved at 65,000. Test drove one twenty years ago and it felt like the gas pedal was connected with a rubber band. We are about due for a new car and the Cross Trek is one of the few I can get with a manual transmission and I like that. However, our 11 year old Toyota Matrix has been such a good car that I may just decide to live with an auto transmission and buy a Rav4 instead. I buy basic cars and the less bells and whistles, the better I like them. Getting hard to find any. GD

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
You’ll be a really cool guy if you live in Washington or Oregon.

IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nimble, reliable units.

It goes places (w/o being towed), the Suburban/Tahoe crowd thought better of.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What state will this Subaru reside in?

F
Fenton Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by copperking81

The Gem State.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm sure its something you can relate to as well... fuggin woktard.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Fenton

The Gem State.

That's fine. Just keep it out of Montana. We've hit our Subaru quota. Might be ok in Missoula. In fact, just take Missoula with you back to Idaho. You guys can have it.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I’m on my second Forester as a company car. I drive the hell out of it and have a 50 mile run to the airport. I live in ID, but one of my work partners lives in Colorado Springs, way up high. His driveway is no schitt like a luge run. We’re both sold on the Suburus. I had a Honda CRV as a grocery getter prior to the Suby. They have a low center of gravity that helps hold the road, and I regularly pass every car on the freeway in bad weather.

I’ve driven a range of rental vehicles and I’d say the Suburu ranks right up there with the best. Can’t really compare it to premium vehicles, but I have a new Toyota Tacoma and the wife has a new Ford Explorer. Just as good as both of them in that regard.

I’m a fan.

Last edited by Akbob5; 09/19/21.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was told the water pump needs replaced at about 90.000 miles.. I was going to buy a used one until then, don't need a $3000.00 repair bill at this time.... it had 96.000 miles on it for $8.000 . dollars...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fenton
The Gem State.

You’ll be fine but the Prius crowd will consider you a wannabe.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Toured SIA plant in Lafayette IN years ago.
Pretty impressive.

Even w a lift kit they just sit too low for my use.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I know they aren’t cool but they have served our household well. A couple outback’s, a legacy and a forester have all been bulletproof. They climb our mountain when nothing else will. I have no use for any of the driver assist systems, regardless of make.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son has a forester which is just a tad bigger than the crosstrek. He loves it and it handles the U.P. winters decent enough. Compared to my wife’s Rav4 the forester has better field of view all the way around and seems to be more responsive. The Rav has the safety features you mentioned and the wife loves them.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Wife has a 2014 Crosstrek and it's been a great ride for her. We run studded snow tires in the winter here on it and it's been unstoppable. Back and forth to town avg 30 mpg. And she got 40 mpg going up to Tacoma on a trip to see the granddaughter.
The newer ones with the driver assist I have no experience with but my neighbor has one and said he got into a swarm of grasshoppers on the highway and the auto braking activated.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our Toyota has a safety thing build into the cruise control. When you come up behind a slower car, it will slow down to match their speed until you change lanes to pass. Then it rapidly takes you back up to your cruise setting. The problem is that it's too smooth. You can come up behind someone and slow down without realizing it. Instead of going 80, you might be doing 70.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I remember the Forester ads w the tennis lez way back.
Ugly gal, ugly car.

They dropped the Baja (the Subaru that got my attention ).... and now Hyundai has the Santa Cruz

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 43 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,343
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.