Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
gsellswhitetails.com

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If I shoot a domestic animal it will be a beef animal that is too smart to corral. Range beef is at least as good as deer. I just don't get hunting fenced in animals. To each his own I guess.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by SKane
Is a ranch in NJ or PA even a thing?

Are you inquiring about a preserve?

Ranch, preserve. Whatever they want to call it. A place that does whitetail hunts where you can literally pick the one you want to shoot.

Gotchya. Good luck with your canned hunt search.

Thanks. I realize it's canned and not a real hunt. I know the difference. Been doing it free range for too long to be disappointed this long. Getting tired of it after all the time and effort I put into it. I'll still gladly shoot for meat outside of a fence, though.

I gotta ask….Will you derive any “satisfaction” shooting what amounts to livestock? If it’s legal, do as you please as far as I’m concerned. I’m just not sure this will alleviate your “disappointment”. Will you feel good looking at a rack you know you didn’t really earn?

Not judging. Truly curious.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
If I shoot a domestic animal it will be a beef animal that is too smart to corral. Range beef is at least as good as deer. I just don't get hunting fenced in animals. To each his own I guess.

Whitetail hunting has been a passion since I first stepped foot into the woods. I literally have dreams all the time about big typical whitetail bucks that I would be EXTREMELY lucky to see from a tree stand. I don't own hunting property and probably never will. It's the awesome trophy I am after. Either way, I will eat everything I shoot, inside or outside of a fence.

Do you get it now?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Whitetail hunting has been a passion since I first stepped foot into the woods. I literally have dreams all the time about big typical whitetail bucks that I would be EXTREMELY lucky to see from a tree stand. I don't own hunting property and probably never will. It's the awesome trophy I am after. Either way, I will eat everything I shoot, inside or outside of a fence.

Do you get it now?

Honestly……….no.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^THIS^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by iddave
Is a ranch in NJ or PA even a thing?

Are you inquiring about a preserve?

Ranch, preserve. Whatever they want to call it. A place that does whitetail hunts where you can literally pick the one you want to shoot.

Gotchya. Good luck with your canned hunt search.

Thanks. I realize it's canned and not a real hunt. I know the difference. Been doing it free range for too long to be disappointed this long. Getting tired of it after all the time and effort I put into it. I'll still gladly shoot for meat outside of a fence, though.

I gotta ask….Will you derive any “satisfaction” shooting what amounts to livestock? If it’s legal, do as you please as far as I’m concerned. I’m just not sure this will alleviate your “disappointment”. Will you feel good looking at a rack you know you didn’t really earn?

Not judging. Truly curious.

Dave

Yes and no. I've talked to a few guys who did guided hunts. It's nice knowing the deer are available, but they say it's not any easier trying to get close enough to the deer to make a good shot. I'm sure it would be a great experience no matter what.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least you have an understanding about what you’re seeking for a shooting experience.

I’ve seen some really spectacular mounts of animals taken off of fenced hunting land.

The story of the shoots, always diminish the mount for me.

YMMV

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We also have people that go to N. Dakota and pay to shoot domestic bison at great expense. I had just as soon shoot Hereford steer. Can't tell the meat apart. As to the original poster, why not hold your fire on those smaller bucks and see what else comes trailing in. One day I was after a good ten point I had pictures of. I let a good six point go by that was trailing a doe flagging her tail, next came two more doe followed soon by a pretty fair 8 point , then right before dark the ten point showed up on the trail. He caught a .30-06 bullet.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
After spending 25 years owning and hunting some of the best property in SE Iowa, and then retiring down south, I see where you are coming from. I lost the Trophy Whitetail craze some years ago and I went at it as hard as anyone. Now I shoot dinks and does for the freezer. A buddy of mine raises deer in Indiana and supplies a few places in Ohio with his deer. 2 good preserves are Rocky Fork Whitetails and Starkey Hollow in Ohio. As far as these guys talking about " what Satisfaction will you get from shooting a pen raised deer". Getting a raging hard on and pounding the hell out of some babe, that's Satisfaction. Get your checkbook out and go blast one.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Definitely not my thing, but look up Tioga Boar Hunting.
I used to deer hunt right up the road from that operation. No first-hand knowledge about it, tho, you're on your own.
It's in Tioga county, PA.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Do you get it now?

Yes, to answer directly your question, troll. Congrats on your managing to guthook as many fish on your first pass as you were able to. Sad, really, on both ends.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Do you get it now?

Yes, to answer directly your question, troll. Congrats on your managing to guthook as many fish on your first pass as you were able to. Sad, really, on both ends.

GFY. It's azzholes like you who don't need to chime in.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ranch?Ranch? My ass! You won’t find a ranch except west of the river!!

I’d just as soon drive over to my neighbors and shoot one of his f ucking bulls! Course at damn near 82 according to the norm today I’m just an old s umbitch out of touch with the real word so just consider I don’t know s hit from shineola and go poke ya barrel through the fence! We were once a Nation of Riflemen…. Now we’re just a nation of idiots and puzzies!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 09/20/21.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Ranch?Ranch? My ass! You won’t find a ranch except west of the river!!

Again

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally I would take that money( because those deer aren’t cheap) and head to Texas. I hunt a low fence ranch down there for pigs and other critters that has some huge bucks( personally watched 160-170” bucks walking around). It may be a little more but then you have the hunt and the adventure of a trip to Texas. As an added bonus the food down there is pretty good too!

MM

P.s and he might throw in a few pigs or varmints you can shoot.

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 09/20/21.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Theres a place.in IN that has big bucks to shoot.
During deer season saw a 170 class bedded by the road so stopped my Jeep and got out. He just sat there, 20 yards away.

Got back.in and drove down and saw 3 bucks of 150.class
Standing around the corner at 50 yards.
When I got out they looked annoyed and walked slowly away.

Theyre livestock IMHO.

His prices used to be way higher IMHO. Not sure how the market has changed but looks like things a bit cheaper nowadays.

Dont care what people do if legal. No sport in what I saw.
Have the money now.......and I still wont do it.

What does burn me is people shooting high fence deer and then claiming them free range. Hate a MF liar.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/20/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Do you get it now?

Not really, but as I said ''to each his own''. It isn't hunting to shoot domestic animals.

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Do you get it now?

Not really, but as I said ''to each his own''. It isn't hunting to shoot domestic animals.

You think I don't understand that? I've hunted in the open/wild for 30+ years. Like I said, I know the difference. There's people who hunt inside of a fence and think they're the best hunters around. I'm not one of those people. I didn't start this thread for people's opinions about what I'm doing. I'm well aware. I was literally asking WHERE is the best place to do it.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 1,954 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.