Print Thread
Hop To
#16434914 09/14/21
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Just that, what do you thing about them?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My daughter just got one and has been experimenting with it tonight. First thing she did was cut up flour tortillas and made nacho chips. She then made chicken strips and they tasted very good. So far so good.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks Dave!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have one. Works well for me but I'm a widower so only feeding me and sometimes the fiancee. I don't think it would work very well for feeding a family. I've done roasted potatoes, FF, tater tots, all sorts of stuff. I have a couple of cookbooks, have tried recipes from there. If or when this one craps out, I'll get another one.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dale K
I have one. Works well for me but I'm a widower so only feeding me and sometimes the fiancee. I don't think it would work very well for feeding a family. I've done roasted potatoes, FF, tater tots, all sorts of stuff. I have a couple of cookbooks, have tried recipes from there. If or when this one craps out, I'll get another one.

Dale

Don't worry, it will crap out. The two that we have had both had the life span of a fruit fly. They made excellent baked potatoes. The cookbooks all have some recipes, but there is no useful information about temperature and time for cooking fresh foods.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have mine for about a year. Its a instant vortex pro 9. Its has a front door and trays that slide rather than a basket. It does more than air fry and operates like a small oven on my countertop. Im single so it works great for me to cook small amounts of food rather than my full size oven.
The food comes out more like my convection oven rather than fried. This thing works great but if I really want fried food I get out my cast iron and fry it. I can cook four leg and thigh qtrs in 23 minutes. Two trays of chicken wings in about 20. Both will have crispy skin. If it wasnt for needing more space for dutch oven type cooking I could get by with just this Airfryer and no full size oven. Again I think of it more as a countertop multi functional cooker than a fryer. I dont regret the purchase.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
An air fryer’s highest calling is chicken. Wings or whole.

And yes, they are just convection ovens.

Wabi, you’re missing a dilly of a toaster thread on the main forum.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Got an air fryer for my bride last Christmas and we have used it a lot. No regrets.

this one is a fancy 'Max' version which has several functions, including 'air fry'.

We have done chicken wings, drumsticks, pork ribs, french fries, salmon steaks, etc

In the last few days while bacheloring [wife visiting her sister] i did a salmon steak, and for another meal a stuffed chicken breast wrapped with bacon. to make sure it was cooked internally I used an digital thermometer probe.

This one is a convection oven. Fairly easy to learn to use. Decent directions. If you buy one, plan ahead and figure out where you are gonna store it. Ours just fit under the kitchen cabinets.

Was reloading some 7 x 57 and cleaned the brass. Rinsed in water. Shook em dry and put em in the air fryer with the 'dehydrate' function set at 180 F. Ran that for an hour. Worked well

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My wife loves hers for sure

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.