Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by 30338
Yep, narrows it down to Tundra and Ford.

Nope just Ford

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by JPro
Dodge has always been second-rate in my mind, out of the domestics, but it seems they've made up a lot of ground in the last decade with regards to quality and technology. Good for them, and I'm glad to see better products out there for the consumer.

Technically Dodge isn’t a domestic anymore.

Explain please? Are they made in Mexico like Gm's?

I have owned Toyotas for a very very long time , it is the first time in many years that there is not one in the Driveway. Initial Mileages coming from the new Tundra is 18-19 mpg range in 4x4. Big improvement over the 5.7 but still not enough to compete.

Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stellantis NV headquartered in Amsterdam. This was a recent merger of Fiat Chrysler and French automaker PSA.

But Chrysler was for a long time partially owned by Daimler before the Fiat buyout.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every Chevy truck I’ve owned has been made in Detroit, but I haven’t had a 1/2 ton since ‘05. My Dad had a 2011 Ram 2500 made in Mexico. In any event, I wouldn’t think a Toyota shopper would care all that much about the US being the country of origin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 2015 when I was truck shopping last, the Chevys were coming from Mexico. I bought a Texas truck at that time. Depending on reports for the Ford F250 when I buy my next truck, it does appear to be the most American made at this time.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Just found out you get to pay a monthly fee for the Tundra's remote start. That would be a deal breaker for me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My one concern with both Tundras I own(ed) has been the dash electronics. They have both been quirky at times. So the new one with a flood of new electronics does not instill confidence in me. Another reason I'll wait a year or more.

If I was buying today, the Ford F250 7.3 gasser looks like it would do depending on the gear ratio. Probably would only need the 3.55.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Ok so which is better?

The parent company getting the profits and the Mexicans getting all the Jobs or a foreign company getting the profits and Americans getting the jobs?

Since when do the big corporations buy anyone in the US any groceries, gas, homes or anything else?
Seems like a dumb conversation to me or maybe I'm the one that's dumb?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

You’ll throw rocks at the Tundra after you drive the new F-250.

Do you have the 7.3l?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bruinruin
and plastic rear bumper caps integrated into the bedside. No tow hooks either.

I've driven Tundras since 2002, but I think I'll be going back to Ford for my next truck.

Old thread but having been interested in one myself and actually seeing one I was definitely repulsed at the styling but stumped at the plastic bumper caps and lack of tow hooks. The axle is also about half the size of the previous model. Several of my friends had deposits down on them, but have since taken their name out of the hat since actually being able to look at one.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I got no dog in this fight, but thought I'd share some firsthand experience with 2021 Ford F250. Last fall my son's forest management employer bought 6 plain jane F250 4wds. Three of those trucks are used daily off highway, frequently in 4wd this time of year. On the 3 dirt road trucks the 'in cab 4 wd control' quit working within the the first 15,000 miles. Required the hubs to be manually engaged. Parts to fix that are "in the pipeline" (3 weeks and counting) according to the service writer. 2 of the 3 trucks emit a horrible squalling noise in the dash when the engine is turned off, possibly air duct doors. Dealer wants owner to share cost of repair, since they think it is caused by dirt and dust. 2 of the 3 trucks, and one of the pavement queens, had stress fractured windshields in less than 10,000 miles. I drove one of the trucks one afternoon, at 20,000 miles it has body rattles like an old Dodge. The drivers are waiting to see what these trucks will do when they have a 100,000 miles on the clock. Asking the 3 drivers if they would buy a F250 4x4 for themselves...no takers, even if they could get it for the 43,000 fleet buy price.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by garddogg56
The Dodges I looked at are made in Mexico and the profits go to Italy.

Toyotas profits go to japan

Toyota is public traded--on the NYSE I think. You could probably do some research and figure out where the profits really go. Made in San Antonio by non-union workers. About as American made as anything these days.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Did I mention the tundra is one fugly truck

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by garddogg56
The Dodges I looked at are made in Mexico and the profits go to Italy.

Toyotas profits go to japan

Really?

I was unaware Toyota is not a private company and all that work for them are Japanese. Thank you for the insight.

Camp is where you make it.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 2022 Tundra is butt F'ugly!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by pal
The 2022 Tundra is butt F'ugly!

And they are trying to copy Fords twin turbo engine and ya they are fugly

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here are some pictures of what I was saying earlier that I just don't get.

I cannot imagine a 4x4 without hooks on the front.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Who designed this awful rear bumper? I don't recall ever seeing a truck you can't use the bumper as a step to get in the tailgate. That's just a piss poor design

Unlike the previous generation with massive brakes, these LOOK much smaller. I don't have a picture of the rear axle but it is shockingly small compared to the previous generation.

Just not sure where they are going with these changes. I won't even get into the 3.4L TT (it's not a 3.5L). I am sure Toyota will get it right there eventually, but I'd sure not want to be an early adapter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is one ugly truck!!!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So ugly it would make freight train take a dirt road!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buzz
Here are some pictures of what I was saying earlier that I just don't get.

I cannot imagine a 4x4 without hooks on the front.

Who designed this awful rear bumper? I don't recall ever seeing a truck you can't use the bumper as a step to get in the tailgate. That's just a piss poor design

Unlike the previous generation with massive brakes, these LOOK much smaller. I don't have a picture of the rear axle but it is shockingly small compared to the previous generation.

Just not sure where they are going with these changes. I won't even get into the 3.4L TT (it's not a 3.5L). I am sure Toyota will get it right there eventually, but I'd sure not want to be an early adapter.

Those are 22" rims, they will make the 16" disc brakes look tiny. That thing must ride like chit, 22" rims with 35" tires....not a lot of rubber.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by KevinLA
Buy america

Toyota is about as American made as all the others, and actually lasts...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.