M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
why would anyone ever ask a question here? Whoops, I just did. lol

Lol. I asked a question about shooting deer in the "Hunter's Campfire" section. You'd think I'd get more knowledgeable answers than what I did. Just a bunch of dudes trying push their egos behind a keyboard. Should have expected it. Whoops.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Quick Googling revealed this spot in Jersey...looks like it might be what you're after.

https://www.alstedefarms.com/alstede-farms-animal-friends/

You fugger !

Coffee meet iPad

🖕🏾😂🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
CBB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Some of The local guys around here guide on this "preserve"
https://www.cherryridgewhitetails.com/

The other preserve in our area was [bleep] down due to cwd..

My opinion.... pay for a Texas hunt. Shoot a few hogs while you're there too. But that's me

Hunt...
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
As many have noted, TX is the answer you seek. Low fence or high, you’ll find it along with hogs and perhaps exotics. Just be warned: TX is addictive. My brothers and I have made the trip for years with our sons. I actually enjoy bow hunting hogs as much as, if not more than deer.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkaddict
As many have noted, TX is the answer you seek. Low fence or high, you’ll find it along with hogs and perhaps exotics. Just be warned: TX is addictive. My brothers and I have made the trip for years with our sons. I actually enjoy bow hunting hogs as much as, if not more than deer.
Hogs are smarter than deer and much quicker to react to human scent.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Now you fuggers have me thinking about planning a trip to Texas. Thanks I guess.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Make sure the "ranch has them stump broke" before giving your deposit! Never experienced ranch hunting in the east, must be really exciting.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If you're serious, and not just trolling, why not try TX or some other state with good numbers of large whitetail "trophies" and book a guided hunt?

Check out success rates, get contacts for previous clients, and have an actual hunt. You mentioned having caught the bug early in life. Did the bug evolve into just wanting a large rack on the wall because your others are too small and now "boring" (I think that's your word)?

Personally, I certainly can't see it..................................

but to each their own I guess.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Does it have to be PA?

I have to think paying a guide on public or private land, even on a “low fence” type place would get you close to what you’re looking for. A real “trophy” buck at preserve is going to cost you a metric schit ton.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
If you're serious, and not just trolling, why not try TX or some other state with good numbers of large whitetail "trophies" and book a guided hunt?

Check out success rates, get contacts for previous clients, and have an actual hunt. You mentioned having caught the bug early in life. Did the bug evolve into just wanting a large rack on the wall because your others are too small and now "boring" (I think that's your word)?

Personally, I certainly can't see it..................................

but to each their own I guess.

Basically yes, I want a great opportunity with a very high success percentage to kill a great buck. It doesn't HAVE to be in a fence.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mach3
Now you fuggers have me thinking about planning a trip to Texas. Thanks I guess.

There's hope for you yet. laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Basically yes, I want a great opportunity with a very high success percentage to kill a great buck. It doesn't HAVE to be in a fence.

Don’t short yourself...
I caribou hunted the mulchatna herd b4 most heard of it.
I hunted the Gila for elk , drew a license the first try, b4 the rags wrote it up.
I hunted the Yellowstone River for whitetail b4 realtree got going.....

Every hunt in my life has been experience over inches.
I killed some good ones, nothing jaw dropping, but every experience surpassed bone inches.

If you let yourself get caught up in chasing inches, you will always be unsatisfied.

I did work for a man that owned a forge. He went on a “preserve hunt” for elk. He had that bull up on his wall. The “hunt” he told made that average bull even less.

No horse bells ringing in the cool mountain air. No elk bugles echoing at night. No sparks off the horses hoofs riding in, in the am...... my 5x4 Wyoming wilderness bull punked his bull’s memory.

I spoke with one of the most respected brokers of whitetail hunts in Texas. He made a hunt there sound like ordering a hamburger. Plain burger (130”) =x burger with lettuce ( 140”) =x+ burger lettuce tomato (150”) x++

You get the point.....

Don’t sell yourself short. Anything that means anything doesn’t come easy. And it shouldn’t. Book a trip to Alberta.
Or Saskatchewan, or the milk river.... and if you fail, you failed at something......

My .02
Worth what you paid for it.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffP

Don’t short yourself...
I hunted the Gila for elk , drew a license the first try, b4 the rags wrote it up.

I killed some good ones, nothing jaw dropping, but every experience surpassed bone inches.

If you let yourself get caught up in chasing inches, you will always be unsatisfied.

I did work for a man that owned a forge. He went on a “preserve hunt” for elk. He had that bull up on his wall. The “hunt” he told made that average bull even less.

No horse bells ringing in the cool mountain air. No elk bugles echoing at night. No sparks off the horses hoofs riding in, in the am...... my 5x4 Wyoming wilderness bull punked his bull’s memory.

I spoke with one of the most respected brokers of whitetail hunts in Texas. He made a hunt there sound like ordering a hamburger. Plain burger (130”) =x burger with lettuce ( 140”) =x+ burger lettuce tomato (150”) x++

You get the point.....

Don’t sell yourself short. Anything that means anything doesn’t come easy. And it shouldn’t. Book a trip to Alberta.
Or Saskatchewan, or the milk river.... and if you fail, you failed at something......

My .02

Great post!!!

While most Texans won't admit it, too often hunting in Texas is like going to a whore house.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

JeffP, BULLSCHITT, Rio7

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not my cup of tea but....there's a place near me but I've never seen his advertisement, I'll see what I can find out. Cherry Ridge is close-by but I think it's closed this year. Pick up a copy of PA Outdoor News. IIRC, there are ads in it.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RIO7

JeffP, BULLSCHITT, Rio7

Ok
If you say so.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by JeffP

Don’t short yourself...

You get the point.....

My .02

Great post!!!

While most Texans won't admit it, too often hunting in Texas is like going to a whore house.

What?

They got them corn feeders in the whore houses there?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Texans don’t hunt. They just shoot a stationary deer munching on corn

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VFNP
but they never have much meat.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Tired of shooting basket racks and nothing worth mounting. Looking to pay to do my first guided hunt and shoot a really nice typical wall hanger this season.

Does anyone here have first hand experience with ranches in this general area? What are some of the best ones?

High fence ?????????

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 3,079 guests, and 1,472 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.