Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by erich
As he types on his "Made in China" computer or phone.

What are his options other than made in China computers or phones?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by erich
Buying a an Athlon 2-12 scope, nearly perfect for open country coyote hunting over the only other two I could find Leupold and Swarovski saves me $1300 to $1500 or in other words 400-500 gallons of gas to be out hunting on and neither of the high priced ones will do anything more for me than the Athlon(a US owned company) will do. You can sit home and fondle your scopes, I'll be out hunting.

There are plenty of similarly priced non-made in China options to that Athlon scope, but make whatever excuse you need to.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I thought this thread was going to be about Redfield Chines knockoffs on EBAY or Alibaba. I forgot Academy bought them.

Scott
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How did I miss this thread

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

I thought this thread was going to be about Redfield Chines knockoffs on EBAY or Alibaba. I forgot Academy bought them.

Looks like Academy decided to beat the counterfeiters to the punch and counterfeit them their own selves. laugh

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

IMO, RIP Redfield.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Redfield dominated the market in the 1960’s and into the 70’s. So sad to see this from a once great name & product!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C’mon guys, it’s a BRAND, for Pete’s sake, and one that’s been out of the game for what, 20 years?

Academy is probably using them as Boomer Bait.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Originally Posted by Pappy348
C’mon guys, it’s a BRAND, for Pete’s sake, and one that’s been out of the game for what, 20 years?

Most of us Boomers can afford high end German optics, we don't need no stinkin' Chinese scopes.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Originally Posted by Pappy348

Most of us Boomers can afford high end German optics, we don't need no stinkin' Chinese scopes.

I see I wasn’t clear.

To many in our (my) age bracket, Redfields were high-class glass, clearly better than Weaver, and maybe neck and neck with Leupolds of the era. Ain’t about money so much as nostalgia and old notions. And not all Boomers are well off, and some of us are still bemoaning stuff like dollar a box .22 ammo and nickel Cokes. Point being, someone not familiar with current optics manufacturing and prices and with fond memories of Denver Redfields might get all giddy at new ones appearing at the big box Huntin’ & Fishin’ emporium at prices in the neighborhood of the ones of the past, even though the two brands are about as closely connected as homo sapiens and the lemurs of Madagascar. I suspect that’s why they paid for the name instead of just contracting out for cheap glass they could put their own name on.

None for me thanks, and not another of the Leupold Redfields either while we’re at it.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Very well said, Pappy. I share your sentiments.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No different than what Natchez has done with the Weaver Classics....bought the name rights and introduced their own line of scopes.

And they're not counterfeits.

A counterfeit item (verb, noun or adjective depending on it's use) is by definition something meant to appear identical to the real thing with deception being the intent.

Heck, they might be pretty decent scopes. The Natchez Weavers are. wink

Good shootin'. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
No different than what Natchez has done with the Weaver Classics....bought the name rights and introduced their own line of scopes.

And their not counterfeits.

A counterfeit item (verb, noun or adjective depending on it's use) is by definition something meant to appear identical to the real thing with deception being the intent.

Good shootin'. smile -Al

My understanding is that the new Weavers are made in Korea.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 09/21/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Good shootin'. smile -Al

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Good shootin'. smile -Al

My understanding is that the new Weavers are made in Korea.

Correct.

Also, Natchez DID NOT buy the rights to the Weaver name.

The scopes sold by Natchez are a special build by Bushnell for Natchez to market exclusively- much the same as the special runs of guns that Ruger makes for Lispeys or TALO.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Fuuck'em!

My sentimates exactly....add all the Asian made junk optics to the list.

We have the power to shut them all down....

I'd shoot a peep sight before I put an Asian product on one of my guns.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Made In China---Means JUNK

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338rcm, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,777 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.