Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
After 6 years, it was time to buy another pair. The original pair from the real Cabela's were called the Alaskan Hunter, the next version was called Perfect Extreme.
Now the latest are called Comfort Fit Extremes. Very nice, very comfortable at $375. Meindl stopped selling to the Bass Pro version but one fella had a great
relationship with the owner and they allowed them to open a small store in downtown Sidney, NE..
If you are so inclined, the number is: 1-833-563-0101 - I have no connection with nor do I receive any benefit for this post.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have some Cabelas Meindls ,Made in Germany ones. Best boot I've ever owned. Starting to get some wear and tear on them. Thanks for the info !

Last edited by mibowhunter; 09/18/21.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Thanks BW good info, after many season s my 12 year old Meindls still see use every year.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I love the Lightweight Hunters here in the Adirondacks, regardless of the temperature.

Thanks BW, I'll give them a call and see if I can get another pair.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You don’t have to order through that store, I’ve bought 5 pairs now through their website. www.meindlusa.com
Better quality than the cabelas version. I’ve worn the soles completely off the Nevada trail shoes and the upper could go another 2 years.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/19/21.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
You don’t have to order through that store, I’ve bought 5 pairs now through their website. www.meindlusa.com
Better quality than the cabelas version. I’ve worn the soles completely off the Nevada trail shoes and the upper could go another 2 years.

That is the phone number I just posted - from their store in Sidney, NE.. You cannot buy them from Cabela's anymore.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 09/20/21.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

That is the phone number I just posted - from their store in Sidney, NE.. You cannot buy them from Cabela's anymore.

Correct !

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Thanks for the link.

I have a hard time finding 13 1/2 EE width anything, and the boots I just ordered are a Big 13, so they say, and they're EE width, so I have high hopes. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
How waterproof do you guys find the new ones to be? The two pairs of cabelas meindls I had were rather lame that way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pabucktail
How waterproof do you guys find the new ones to be? The two pairs of cabelas meindls I had were rather lame that way.
Though I've only had my pair from MeindlUSA for a year, I've not found them lacking in waterproofness. Feet have stayed totally dry.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by pointer
[quote=pabucktail]How waterproof do you guys find the new ones to be? The two pairs of cabelas meindls I had were rather lame that way.
Though I've only had my pair from MeindlUSA for a year, I've not found them lacking in waterproofness. Feet have stayed totally dry.
Same.
Standing in streams and as long as the water doesn't go over the top my feet remain dry.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
While I have had two pairs if Perfect Hikers and a pair of hunting boots. I will look else where. Why both pair of hikers have soles have came un glued. I will say they have been the most comfortable boots I have ever had.
But for what they cost I’ll try another Brand next time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
While I have had two pairs if Perfect Hikers and a pair of hunting boots. I will look else where. Why both pair of hikers have soles have came un glued. I will say they have been the most comfortable boots I have ever had.
But for what they cost I’ll try another Brand next time.
Just a suggestion, but if you really liked the boots, I'd give them another try from MeindlUSA. I've 3 pairs of Miendls, one before the Cabelas partnership, one pair from Cabelas, and now one after Cabelas. IMO/E the boots made for Cabelas were not as well made as "real" Meindls. YMMV.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the info on the supplier. I too have a pair of the Alaskan hunters, good boots and will probably last me a while yet. Haven't been mountain climbing in a while!!

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Waterproof? My longtime Alaskan guide swears by vaseline. About 1/10 the cost.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
99 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,370 guests, and 696 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.