-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John Correia touts his background here. Lots of classes and shooting schools. He does have a masters degree in the communications field, which explains a lot.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What I find interesting is that people actually consider this butterball narrator some sort of subject matter expert on this stuff. The dude speaks like he is an authority on self defense and critiques these videos as if he has years of experiences working the streets. Just another nobody with a camera who surfs the web, reposting videos and then Monday morning critiquing events as if he has years of experience pointing guns at people.

The dude has never done anything more dangerous than slip in the shower or choke on his third helping at the Golden Corral buffet.

And people eat it up.

PT Barnum was right.

I certainly don't think of him as any sort of authority. He just presents interesting security camera footage for those who think about these situations.

He does have a 'fake expert' air about him.

I'm more interested in the vid itself, than his analysis.

On the rare occasion I watch something like this, I watch it with the sound off. Otherwise, I want to smash someone's head with a Gallagher Hammer.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
John Correia touts his background here. Lots of classes and shooting schools. He does have a masters degree in the communications field, which explains a lot.

Having common sense and excellent communications skills he is very qualified to do what he is doing. That channel is excellent and well worth watching. We can add Military Arms Channel, Paul Harrell,......... Feel free do add worthy channels to this list.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not saying Correia is an expert. But I will say he makes a serious contribution to the whole industry of concealed carry. Maybe someone is on here and can make a better contribution. I've seen a number of the video's he posts and many of them get several hundreds of thousands of views. I've seen a major number that has gotten over a million views and a fair number with more views than that. It's interesting that with all the experts on here none of you have gotten into this business. People talk about continuing to learn about self defense and that's what Correia is serious about helping people with. With that many views his Active Self Protection classes has a huge following. Because you disagree with that one video doesn't mean he doesn't have something to say. But if someone here his more of an expert, and I can think of one or two that I have no doubt they certainly have more real life experience. There is a serious opportunity to contribute to people with the same willingness to learn and get better. If you aren't willing to step up and fill the position of someone you don't consider your equal, then I'd say either step up, and contribute something, or keep it to yourself. I'm hear to learn. At 70 years old, I admit I don't know it all, and I'm willing to learn and watch and listen to his thoughts, and that is where the learning continues. If I get a single idea that improves my skills or how I would handle a situation every 10 or even 20 videos, I've learned something. And that's why I'm here, and why I watch some of his videos.

FWIW I also appreciate Paul Harrell.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Slavek

Having common sense and excellent communications skills he is very qualified to do what he is doing. That channel is excellent and well worth watching. We can add Military Arms Channel, Paul Harrell,......... Feel free do add worthy channels to this list.

Everything I know about gun handling, I learned from Tex Grebner....

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite Texas Grebner video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTGmTrQXrwg

Last edited by FreeMe; 09/23/21.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The BG got lucky on this day.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Slavek

I would never lump Paul Harrell in with the other clowns. Harrell actually has a rather notable background as a decorated combat veteran as well as an extensive competition background. Based on the way he shoots (stance, not accuracy) it is pretty apparent he stopped getting up to date training many years ago, but that does not mean that he cannot effectively apply the skills he has learned.

I personally would be completely comfortable having him with me in a stressful situation. Further, he has shown that unfortunately he can apply those skills when needed, as he had an incident a few years back when he and his bride were accosted while they were out camping. The bad guys chose poorly in the "Victim Selection Process" and it cost one of them their lives.

He also does not come across as a "fake expert". He simply puts out info. Much of it is oriented towards the newer, less experienced crowd. It may not exactly be my cup of coffee, but I have recommended his videos to a number of people who were asking me questions, as his videos did a great job and were beneficial to those folks. Overall he seems like a very down to earth guy.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This may have been said already and I missed it, but big thing I notice here is, once the BG exits GG's vehicle, with tire iron already in hand, BG moves directly to the other vehicle with someone in it (clue?). GG keeps advancing (much too closely) with shooting hand dangling by his side, apparently giving no thought to the person in that vehicle, or one that could come from behind GG.
GG keeps advancing after beginning verbal exchange, so he obviously didn't need to get that close. At the end of the video when chasing the BG away he, again, cut the distance to same vehicle in more than half (while leaving himself wide open) with BG apparently trying to get into it (clue?).
It's easy to Monday morning QB, but the biggest dangers are sometimes the ones we can't see. He could see the tire iron, but he couldn't see what the person in the vehicle may have had. The BG was so close to the vehicle in the beginning GG should have seen the other person, and would have been even more likely to have seen person in vehicle if GG weren't so close. In my opinion he was DANG LUCKY, at least twice, and video moderator needs another hobby.

M7

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HitnRun
This whole clusterfluck is no different than the movie “Sully”. After Sully ditches the airliner in the harbor, all the experts say he was wrong to do so and should have turned the jet around and landed at LaGuardia safely.

Having all the data after the fact vs being involved in the drama as it unfolded are 2 different things. The facts are that he safely landed the airbus with no loss of life and a few minor injuries.

All you experts are no different than the panel of critics that wanted to blame Sullenberger for choosing the Harbor over LaGuardia.

24hour tough talk stops on the forums and the news is lacking the actual events that the experts claim here. What a joke!

Sullenberger had NO CHOICE but to ditch. HE was in the cockpit and made the right call. This situation is TOTALLY different in that the Good Guy DID have other options and some very learned folks here disagree. As for me, tough call, but I think I preferred this outcome over the "easy" way out of shooting the perp the minute he threatened with the tire iron. The HASSLE of lawyers, etc.. IS enormous..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Exactly Jorge, The use of deadly force should ALWAYS be a last resort. You WILL end up in a court room defending yourself whether it's from a DA or with the family in a wrongful death suite. Course if you have all the money in the world, that may not be a concern. But most of us don't.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 45 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,464,017
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.