Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
That was interesting. The Cub Scouts were run by females. They had Den Mothers. Only when you got into Boy Scouts did you have a man for a leader.

GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most of this stuff is just another attack on an institution the Left hates. I'm sure there have been perverts that got involved to molest kids, but the same can be said for any organization that had mostly kids in it. If this had been called the "Marxist Youth Club" they wouldn't have said a word, even if they knew it was totally true.

I think it's called the YMCA

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was in Mexico city in 1972, the guys I was playing guitars with said everyone has sex with the maids.

One of the guy's fathers was from Boston and was a exec for a bank. He seriously told me that poor girls first sex is their father.

I never saw anyone having sex in Mexico.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
I already linked the LDS-church owned Deseret News article that reads, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has agreed to pay $250 million..." I did not make the claim that you accuse me of only "intimating," that the LDS church openly supported pederasty. They're paying acknowledges complicity in the pederasty through their sponsorship. The Methodist Church (UMC) has not yet agreed to pay, but there is a lot of evidence they've been subverted by sexual immorality and I won't be surprised if they also acknowledge complicity.

You pathetic wretch, read the title of your post. You said that Mormons sponsored pederasty!

Yes, and then I repeated the claim again in the post you quoted, "Their paying acknowledges complicity in the pederasty through their sponsorship." I reiterate it a third time: The LDS church agreed to pay $250M in an acknowledgement that it sponsored the sexual abuse of boys. This payment isn't charity to the victims. The victim representatives are demanding far more money from the LDS church and one of their representatives is quoted, "[the LDS church] is offering a paltry $250 million to compensate the thousands of abuse survivors who were abused in Mormon Boy Scout troops by Mormon Scout leaders.” If the LDS church did not agree with this, then why did it agree to the tune of $250M? It knows it has a liability because it did do it.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 09/21/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
WJ - we noticed the previous three times in the thread you started and then replied to when you weren’t getting the response you wanted.

I was an Eagle Scout and a scout master for many years until they started letting the gays in. Everyone I knew thought that was absolutely stupid and that it would ultimately be the end of the organization. I quit before fudgery became a merit badge. The only reason this is remarkable is because the BSA was once a bulwark of American values. As such, it had to be destroyed by the liberals. That the LDS church had the largest numbers of kids participating in the program seems to be why they’re now contributing to the fund. You will also note they stopped funding the BSA shortly after gay was introduced, that it quickly folded.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was a scout in the mid-70s in Utah from cub all the way to earning my Eagle. My three younger brothers were also heavily into scouting. I never saw or heard a hint of evidence of sexual misconduct of any kind. We did 8-day 50-mile hikes in the Wind Rivers and Uintas. Did Kayak trips on the Bear River and snow camping (snow caves) every winter. Did all kinds of scout camps. Never saw or heard a hint of impropriety from any scout leader. I think a lot of people are making stuff up to get money.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty good display right here in these replies that show how these situations come to be.

Instant denial without any facts.

It was the Boy Scouts own files that created their undoing.

It's a accumulation of records the BSA kept that they referred to as the "Confidential Files" today more commonly know as the "Perversion Files".
A law firm released the records on Oct. 18, 2012 under a court order after the files were used as key pieces of evidence in a 2010.

The BSA were able to purge many of these records prior to being required to release them.

Still, the records of 1300 men that abused many scouts remained in these files that are dated from 1965 to 1985.

In those years there were no computers that quickly and efficiently searched files and offered instant results.

The pedophiles that abused these children were able to move from one Troop to another once caught knowing they would be not be exposed or turned over to law enforcement.
The only results were they would be added to the BSA Confidential file, a very weak form of blacklisting. Many openly admitted to their crimes knowing there would be no consequences.

They were protected by the BSA in order to save disgrace to the Scouting name. They knowingly protected felons from law enforcement. Being the LDS hosted or Sponsored these scouting events involving these pedophiles places them equally responsible.

Just like the Catholic church, they created a safe haven for these men to operate in by their actions which attracted more and more of these types to become involved.
This enabled these men to abuse more and more children.

If your interested in knowing the facts involved you can search and view these files at the following URL.

https://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
LDS are no better than the papists in this regard.

$250 mil is a drop in the bucket for the spaceship to my own planet "church" coffers.

MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I remember really wanting to be in Boy Scouts. I liked the idea of doing outdoors stuff and they ran all the scouts' pictures in the newspaper every year. When I got in at 12, my troop leader was pretty hands off. Never any abuse that I knew of. But the kids, were crazy. Using drugs and stealing cars on campouts. Trying to encourage the younger kid (me) to get into trouble. I quickly got out.

Within a couple of years about a third of the troop had been convicted by our lenient local judge for a couple of unrelated local murders, including one murder where they mutilated the body during satanic rituals and another where they killed a Down's Syndrome man because they believed he had ratted them out for dealing. The judge generally gave them sentences of around 5 years. From what I heard, most of them committed more murders inside and earned life sentences. Not sure what eventually happened to all those hoodlums.

Life in an oilfield town back then could be a little rough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's estimated that 10% of male rape victims report the crimes committed against them.
The potential of what's taken place within the ranks of the BSA and various religious organizations is staggering.

Those responsible for making the decisions to protect these pedophiles walk free just due to the brands they operate under.

With any less powerful organizations they would be imprisoned and their organizations disband.

Protecting your brand by protecting child rapist is nothing less than child sex trafficing.

They deserve every lawsuit leveled against them and more.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ol Happy is a priest, troop leader, and in the SDA???? He's got it figured out.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akasparky
It's estimated that 10% of male rape victims report the crimes committed against them.
The potential of what's taken place within the ranks of the BSA and various religious organizations is staggering
I agree. Not many grown men would now want to dredge that up now. And when they were kids they sure wouldn't have told it. If you are friends with your local sheriff or child protection officer ask them how widespread this issue is. Not just in the Catholic church or BSA.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was in the Boy Scouts for 6 years, 3 years in Boy Scouts and 3 years in Explorers. I went on over 80 weekend campouts, and I went to summer camp 5 times. I was around hundreds of Scouts, and dozens of Scout leaders. I never saw any hint of child perversion stuff going on. Never saw a Scout go into the tent of an advisor, nothing of the kind. I never heard a single word of this going on.

So you figure the BSA own records from 1965 to 1985 are all fake?

I don't doubt that here and there a Scout leader molested a boy, but not anywhere to the degree that it is being portrayed today. I see ads on tv, "If you were in the Scouts in the sixties or seventies contact Goldstein and Feingold today, you will get your money!!"

But you can't see how protecting child molesters and not turning them over to law enforcement can manifest itself when you run a organization that hosts a endless supply of young boys for them to molest?

You got some poor, drunk, down on his luck 65 year old man, who happened to have been in the Boy Scouts for 2 years, he remembers his troop number and he remembers the name of his troop leader, he makes up stories about what didn't happen when he was 12 years old, he puts $2 million in his pocket, and Goldstein and Feingold put $1 million in their bank account.

You don't suppose that ambulance-chasing lawyers would get someone to lie for money, do you?

Exactly!

Let's paint those victims to be the evil guilty party.
That'll teach them not to complain.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Y'all think you have it all figured out and that child molestation was an everyday thing in Boy Scouts. I don't agree.
You say that only 10 percent of boys who are molested report it to the police. That may be true, but many boys would tell their fellow Scouts what had happened.

For this type of behavior to happen it had to go on at campouts. I went on at least 50 weekend campouts. We had little pup tents, two boys to a tent. We would have 16 Boy Scouts, and then maybe 2 troop leaders. The troop leaders would be in a big tent. Now, how is one of those men going to lure a boy into that big tent at midnight, without the other man seeing what is going on? The other boy in the pup tent would surely notice when the man came over and got his tent mate out of the tent at midnight.

Further this is hardly a private situation. Eight to ten tents, all within ten feet of each other, boys getting up all night long to go to the bathroom, etc. Hardly the kind of privacy that would be needed for child rape to be going on.

Fifty weekend campouts in Boy Scouts, plus five times to Camp Bert Adams, that is another 30 nights in the woods with hundreds of Scouts. And never a hint of any kind of child molestation.

Of course there would have been scattered instances, but no way it was an everyday thing. Our Scoutmasters in Atlanta were most all WW2 veterans, they were real men and they were there to help and protect little boys, not to harm them.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was gang raped by a bunch of Girl Scouts when I was Boy Scout.It scarred me for life or at least 10 seconds.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone following this ambulance is a real stooge. Keep posting the same misinformation about a problem that wasn’t as rampant as people are trying to make it.

2 reasons this stuff even happens:

1 The hope of a lawsuit that turns into a huge windfall

2 Slandering someone or something to get the same thrill a Nigerian gets when he hacks your computer.

In the early 1990’s Pepsi had to defend against a similar debacle when someone claimed they found a syringe in a can of Pepsi, then people all over the country made similar claims, each hoping to cash in on the deception.

What’s the matter with you people?

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper

LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

You know the Spartan culture was based on pederasty? When you say that, you're identifying with homos, f ags and boy abusers like Leonidas.

"The dumb ass speaking with man's voice."..

Are you and Happy Camper related??? You both seem very fixated on homosexuality and pedophilia.

Does thou protest to much…

"The dumb ass speaking with man's voice."..

Probably one and the same.

I've been on the same page with you on a lot of issues.
Look Jack, I posted one sermon recently AGAINST crossdressing freaks. It would have been the last sermon I posted on queers but Your best buddies went crazy defensive and trolled more than I ever saw. Maybe YOU are for the Drag Queen Story Hour crap, but I can stand with the Lord against it AND you if that's the side you want to take chlinstructor.

LOL. 🤪

You just got tough talked by a pervert....Jack!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't think it's normal or healthy for adults to want to spend a lot of extra time with other adult's children.

Ever.

Youth group, boy scouts, sports....none of that schit.

It takes a village......to molest.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I don't think it's normal or healthy for adults to want to spend a lot of extra time with other adult's children.

Ever.

Youth group, boy scouts, sports....none of that schit.

It takes a village......to molest.

Why are you soooo bent out of shape and defensive when I post preaching AGAINST the pot bellied bearded "ladies" who twerk at Drag Queen Story Hour???

"Out of the issues of the heart the mouth speaketh".

Your attempts to cover up with the appearance of normality now doesn't cut it big girl.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/22/21.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,121
Posts18,464,584
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.