Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
7 shot revolver and speed loaders, loaded with 38s +P by the bed, 12 gauge 870 nearby. And practice and more practice.

ARIC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scatterguns rule around the homestead for many reasons. #4/5/6 shot....are you ready to rock?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Scatterguns rule around the homestead for many reasons. #4/5/6 shot....are you ready to rock?

What would those reasons be?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm scared of guns and got rid of mine. But if I still had any, I would probably have a 38 special and a flashlight within easy reach of the bed.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Whichever is closest to me at the time

Windage & Elevation
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
Sig M400 Tread pistol with and 11.5 inch barrel

Can on that? An AR is loud enough. Short ones inside = pain and permanent damage

Nope, my hearing sucks anyway due to two ruptured ear drums as a result of ear infections,

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just had an 18 inch bison armory barrel in 6.8 SPCII cut down to 12.5 and rethreaded. That with a can and 120 ssts would be my choice.:)

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by pullit
Shotgun first for me

I have my 870 with a light. My 45 is a backup. A can on a pistol or rifle would certainly be nice to preserve the hearing a bit.

NRA Endowment Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One factor is do you have small kids. Imagine grabbing a child with your left arm and trying to wield an AR or shotgun with your right only. A pistol may be a better choice in this scenario...

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Short AR, 60gr TAP rounds, second mag is bonded. If I pick up my AR I'm putting on ear pro.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Houston the preferred tactic of home invaders seems to be 2-3 armed guys. Happens in relatively good neighborhoods, too, so I prefer having more ammo on board the gun.

I keep a Daniel AR in .300 Blackout handy, with 125gr supersonic loads, Loopey prismatic optic. More rounds on board, less recoil, better ergos than a tactical shotgun.

I've looked at "tactical" shotguns many times, and keep drifting back to the AR. I might consider a Tavor at some point, or even a bullpup shotgun, if someone makes one reliable, with enough capacity.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
On the bedside table next to the biometric safe containing a Sig 226 TACOPs, my primary gun is my 11.5" BCM, suppressed and loaded with 75 BTHP over TAC. 40 rd magpul in the gun and another 30 rd. handy.

Aimpoint T2, Streamlight ProTac HL-X. With a chainsaw bayonet, obviously.

Wife get's the Sig, I get the BCM.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC

Aside from small flying animals with hollow bones, shotguns are a distant second place, if not third to a pistol.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue, I agree. Rifles win gunfights.

Last edited by MOGC; 09/28/21.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Rick doesn’t have enough bandwidth for me to list them. Some folks know what a scattergun can do and others will never have a clue.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weak reply Dan.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
It is illegal to shoot somebody. If there is anyway you can escape, that is the correct thing to do or you will go to jail. Best thing to do is move to a safe neighbor hood. That being said... I would be happy to hold somebody at gunpoint with any type of firearm until the police arrive.

If it is an unarmed teen.... I may consider having a talk with him. Maybe you could change his life for the better? Maybe not?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Aside from small flying animals with hollow bones, shotguns are a distant second place, if not third to a pistol.

grin

Only a pistolero would agree w/ you.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by aklaunch
It is illegal to shoot somebody. If there is anyway you can escape, that is the correct thing to do or you will go to jail. Best thing to do is move to a safe neighbor hood. That being said... I would be happy to hold somebody at gunpoint with any type of firearm until the police arrive.

If it is an unarmed teen.... I may consider having a talk with him. Maybe you could change his life for the better? Maybe not?

Not if they’re in your house. Nowadays there’s no such thing as a “safe” neighborhood. There are safer places but not “safe”.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by aklaunch

Not if they’re in your house. Nowadays there’s no such thing as a “safe” neighborhood. There are safer places but not “safe”.

Years ago, the laws would tell you to give the
criminal your wallet and they wouldn't harm you
at all
21st century - criminals kill a person's children
for a $100.00 pot deal gone wrong

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.