Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It looks like we will have a showdown between Trump and the Bush/McCain/Romney wing of the GOP.

Seems GWB is backing Liz Cheney for re-election, Trump backs the primary challengers. Who will win? Place your bets!!

Yahoo News
George W. Bush to hold fundraiser for Liz Cheney, a top Trump target

Christopher Wilson·Senior Writer
Wed, September 22, 2021, 12:21 PM·3 min read
In this article:

Former President George W. Bush will hold a fundraiser next month for the embattled Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., whose criticisms of former President Donald Trump have put her political career in jeopardy.

The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that Bush’s first campaign event of the 2022 midterms will be in support of Cheney. Her father, Dick Cheney, served two terms as Bush’s vice president. The fundraiser will take place in Dallas on Oct. 18.

His support of Cheney puts Bush at odds with Trump and his allies, who have targeted Cheney since she voted for his impeachment after the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6. Cheney has also been outspoken in pushing back against Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen, repeatedly rebutting the former president’s baseless conspiracy theories. A Yahoo News/YouGov poll in August found that two-thirds of Republicans still believe the election was rigged.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Got any intel from any of our boots on the ground in WY?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't live in WY, but I'd guess she's going to have a tough fight.

That is......................election machines notwithstanding.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bet the Donald is quivering.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last I saw 78 percent of R voters said no way on Cheney.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Bet Jeb stays out of it, any takers?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Republican House Representative Liz Cheney’s days as GOP Conference Chair appear to be numbered as pressure mounts to have her removed and replaced.

The daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney now faces a 95.04% chance of being ousted from her leadership position according to sports betting oddsmakers.

“At this point the removal seems all but certain,” stated Josh Barton of SportsBetting.ag.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Would she pull a switcharoo and turn D and get their votes just to piss off supporters of The Donald?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

New Wyoming Poll Shows More Trouble For Liz Cheney

JULY 30, 2021 By Tristan Justice

Results of new poll released Friday continue to show support for Republican Rep. Liz Cheney deep underwater among her Wyoming constituents as she prepares for a competitive primary.

According to a survey conducted by McLaughlin & Associates shown exclusively to the Washington Examiner, 77 percent of Republican primary voters said they would back a candidate besides Cheney in the upcoming contest. Only 23 percent said Cheney could count on their support.

More than half, 53 percent, described Cheney as “liberal,” whereas only 26 percent labeled their at-large representative who has joined Democrats in defining moments as “conservative.”

Former President Donald Trump released a statement hours before the poll was published calling on the Wyoming Republican Party to unite behind a single primary challenger before the five major candidates who have announced split the vote and give Cheney a fourth term.

“The easiest way to defeat Deplorable Liz Cheney is by having only ONE Conservative candidate run and WIN!” Trump wrote. “Wyoming Patriots will no longer stand for Nancy Pelosi and her new lapdog RINO Liz Cheney!”

Liz's shelf life has expired.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Bush, what was on the card you received at your daddy's funeral? Do you think you will go to prison for your part in 911? Gitmo?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Would she pull a switcharoo and turn D and get their votes just to piss off supporters of The Donald?

In a solid red state like Wyoming, that’s political suicide .
Liz needs to go bird hunting with dad.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just a small sample, but my recent time in Wyoming and talking with locals made me think she is going to have a hard time staying in her seat. The people I talked to were not happy with her. Every time she came up it was brought up by them while talking about the state of the country and current events, I never mentioned her.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are counties in Wyoming that use Dominion.

The election algorithms are already written, Cheney for the win, even though she didn’t.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.