Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by NVhntr
We have a Bass Pro local but I really don't shop there anymore. I buy pretty much anything shooting related, other than guns online, clothing and footwear at Sportsman's or Scheels.
I have an REI membership but shop there only when there is no other option.
REI doesn't carry hunting or shooting merch so it's not an alternative to SW.

Nope, REI for sleeping bags, packs, gaiters and such. And I haven't bought any of that stuff from them in years.

Peeve. REI's feigned Co-op status went to hell decades ago. If you're interested in your membership, you don't charge $4 for a fifty cent nylon buckle or $6 for a 16oz Coleman PROPANE canister. Or, stop making the awesome boxers from about 6 years ago...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They took the easy way out and allow any low-life to shop there for their "High End" stuff.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
REI is full of exceedingly overpriced gear and Marxists. No thanks.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Best damned boxers! They're starting to show wear after 5 years. Bastids now marketing some me too standard crap like all of the rest. I hate them. 😩

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldHat
I stopped buying sports trinkets a while ago. Don't care. With age I found I could get by without the latest camo spandex.

My wife Ioves my camo spandex!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're still a bit young.

I bought a dozen of the USA made heavy fabric pocket tees last order. Still have about half the order unworn. I figure they'll get me through until I'm so old I no longer know if I'm even wearing a shirt.

Always order enough to last dang near forever. Even if there's leftovers........................some poor bastid will have to deal with them when you pass. Like boxes of canning jars out in the garage. And tools no one knows how to use anymore, like braces and bits.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The White Elephant (both stores) closed in 2020. Was a terrible hit to hunting and fishing in eastern WA. I guess Clark's in Colville is still going strong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a Sportman's Warehouse in Ankeny and a Bass Pro 13 miles away in Altoona. I really like our local SW but won't drive to the BP just 13 miles away. Everything I need is at the SW without all the Chinese crap. Unfortunately I see the SW closing someday since the BP is so close.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Best damned boxers! They're starting to show wear after 5 years. Bastids now marketing some me too standard crap like all of the rest. I hate them. 😩

Well, if you'd change 'em every year or so, or at least stand 'em up against the wall and knock the skid marks out with a slapjack, they'd last longer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by High_Noon
. . . . Small local shops always get the nod from me. I avoid big box stores like the plague.

That'd be my choice if only there were some small
local stores left. By the time I got old enough to
dally with buying firearms and ammunition and
outdoor goods, there was still 6-8 gun stores
in this end of town ( 2-3 with fishing and archery)
that were busy enough to pay their bills
They didn't carry kid's soccer BS, or tennys or
jockstraps or jogging apparel.
They made a living selling items to hunters and
fishermen and campers without having to f***
with yuppies looking for a certain sportsbra
or Ellen Degenerate pink yoga mats with the
integral sex toy

It's a crying ass shame that younger people
didn't get to experience what I now realize
were the good ol days

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Grandpa said that the good ol'days were the late 20s! Worked hard and played hard. What will we say, the early 80s? The Trump years? Or before BP ruined my Cabela's Club points boy?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (44mc, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,649 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.