Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I've been thinking about this one for a while. I know some of you guys have some pretty accurate rimfire rifles. I'd like to get an online shoot going that will be fun and will be scored on a point system. Targets are simple and can be found here:

free online targets for this rimfire shoot

The object of the game is to hit the little orange dots. 1 shot per dot. 20 shots for the event. Each shot to hit the dot earns 5 points, for a total of 100 points. 100 being a perfect score. If you break the line of the dot, you still get the point. Place the target at 50 yards from where you will be shooting. Post pictures of your rifle at the bench and the target at 50 yards from the bench and also a good close-up of your target with bullet holes in it. If the target is too easy for some of you, we will move on to a 1/4" dot. Shoot these targets and have some fun. Post your pictures and let know about your rifle. It will be interesting to see what kind of rifles will consistently hit a 1/2" dot at 50 yards and what ammo you use. I plan on going out while the weather is good and do some shooting. I'll post my targets as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for joining in and good luck!!...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds good bsa... might take me a bit to get out but I’ll do it for sure

Always fun and humbling (frustrating)? to shoot for real world results

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sounds fun. Is there a deadline?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Sounds good bsa... might take me a bit to get out but I’ll do it for sure

Always fun and humbling (frustrating)? to shoot for real world results

Sure can be humbling for sure. I hope you join in buddy.. Always a good day when you can get out to the range and do a little shooting.. I was working on some loads for my 7mm08 today, so I figured what the heck. Started raining at the worst possible time though and only got to shoot one target with my single shot Savage. gnoahh asked if there was a deadline. No deadline on this one. You can also post multiple targets. If you shoot one better than your last, post it up. This is all in fun and I'd really like to see how some of your guys' Vudoo's and Coopers shoot. I know one thing, I need to find some really good ammo!! I'll post my target as soon as I can download it from the phone to the computer. My phone is slow sending pics to my email, then I have to add it to my IMGUR account. Good luck guys.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Sounds like fun.....however, I think I am too stupid for this, especially after my shooting last Sunday.

I usually shoot at 100 Yds.. I move my shooting bench around so we can mow around it. We are in heavy hardwoods and I keep the bench in

the shade. I have limited shooting lanes because of the trees.

So last Sunday I dragged the bench with my 4 wheeler to where I thought 100 Yds should be.

Shooting a new Stutzen Annie ,.22LR with set triggers and 2 .17 Mach II's. A 1710? Annie and a Miroku 1885.

After burning up a lot of ammo trying to figure out why groups were pretty big ....I taped it out and found out the distance was 365 '

Too stupid for any competition.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like. Might take awhile to get to it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I like the idea . It represents practical rimfire accuracy for most folks ,but I would suggest a scoring change that will prevent ever needing to go to quarter inch bulls.

Go to a 200 point match.

0 points for a miss

5 points for any shot touching the bull

10 points for any shot that hits inside the bull and DOES NOT break the outer edge of the bullseye.

Basically- to score 200 points you would have to shoot a 20 shot group measuring .26 " center to center that is PERFECLTY centered inside that bullseye. I doubt that will happen. At 25 yards? Maybe. At 50? no way.

The 10 point shots reward TRULY fine shooting.

Last edited by jk16; 09/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can I use that target printed as black & white? My color printer is about dry.

How are we gonna keep the Boomers from cheating?👨🏼‍🦳

What fresh Hell is this?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'll give it a go, maybe tomorrow if things sort right.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Fun for sure. Like Digital Dan, it may be awhile before I can do this.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yep, thanks for bringing that up buddy. I was going to suggest the targets on that web site that use the black dots if guys don't like the orange. Or you can print them up in black and white. Your preference. As for cheaters? If guys are that low to cheat on an event like this, they deserve a slow and painful death. Karma usually catches up to those folks. Nuff said.. Good luck buddy. I look forward to seeing what some of your rifles are capable of. I know your 10-22 is a shooter, but I'm also sure you have other rifles that may be better.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like fun. Printed out the targets and may get to it this weekend if all goes well....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, looks like some good guys are wanting to join in on the fun. I was hopeful, and expecting, to see pappy348, EdM, Cert, and DigitalDan wanting to join in. Im sure m1919 and others will want to join in as well. Maybe huntsman too. I'm intrigued by his new rifle. As for the suggestions for a more "precise" shoot, lets just shoot this one a bit and see how we do. Some guys may burn out the center of the dots, if that happens, then we will go to a more precise target and scoring system. As of now though, if you break the dot, it counts as a hit. Kind of like this one:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some pics from yesterday at the range:
Rifle is a Savage MKI FVT single shot with a cheap (very cheap) Bushnell rimfire 6-18x40 on top. Ammo used was Eley target. The only mods I've done to the rifle was clip the trigger spring to allow for a lighter pull weight and the addition of a Boyds rimfire hunter stock. $162.99 on ebay and the rifle was on clearance for $194. The rifle was originally set up for iron sights, but I pulled them and put the scope on to compete in my clubs know your limits shoots.

Picture of target set out at 50 yards:

Picture of target shot and score of 90. I scratched out 80 because I can't count..:

2 clean misses with one that is questionable, but did break the orange (like a scoring ring) dot. I look forward to seeing some of your rifles and targets. I'm also going to be on the lookout for some better/more consistent shooting ammo... Good luck with your shooting, guys..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
Sounds like fun. Printed out the targets and may get to it this weekend if all goes well....

Bob

Awesome Bob. We had a great golf ball shoot last saturday. I also brought up doing a fall turkey shoot before the weather gets too bad. We will also be having a fall rimfire shoot at the club as well. I'll keep you informed on those shoots. I'd like to see you there and invite your buddy that is already a club member. Thanks..

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Printed up a bunch of targets and will use this to weed out which rifles go squirrel hunting this year! Next step will be figuring out how to post pictures - seems this site doesn’t like my resized photos even though under 2MB??

Anyway it’ll be fun……thanks for initiating!

PennDog

p.s. good shooting bsa1917hunter!

Last edited by PennDog; 09/23/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks PennDog. I'd suggest checking out imgur. Set up a free account. It is very easy to use and post pictures here. Good luck with it and finding which rifle you are going to take squirrel hunting. I look forward to seeing some target and rifle pics from the guys interested in this shoot. When I get more time, I'm going to take my 10-22 out. It doesn't shoot as well as my Savage, but it will still be fun..

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
It’ll be about two weeks- but I’ll put a few targets up.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by robertham1
It’ll be about two weeks- but I’ll put a few targets up.

Awesome buddy. I was hoping you would say that. I better find some better ammo, and quickly!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Yep, thanks for bringing that up buddy. I was going to suggest the targets on that web site that use the black dots if guys don't like the orange. Or you can print them up in black and white. Your preference. As for cheaters? If guys are that low to cheat on an event like this, they deserve a slow and painful death. Karma usually catches up to those folks. Nuff said.. Good luck buddy. I look forward to seeing what some of your rifles are capable of. I know your 10-22 is a shooter, but I'm also sure you have other rifles that may be better.

The Boomer crack is a joke, aimed at the anti-Boomer faction here. I throw in Boomer remarks at every opportunity. My favorite is Boomer-Hoarder, since many seem to blame us for the current shortages. Pay no mind.

I do have one that I’m pretty sure beats the CSC. I tried out some high-class ammo I got on sale in it Tuesday, and after 15 seasoning rounds, I fired what may be the smallest RF group I’ve ever shot. I got a little antsy about the wind after that one and quit for the day. Waiting for a calm day to see if it was a fluke. Hoping for favorable weather next Tuesday so I can give it a try after I shoot some clays.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I’d probably be labeled as a millennial hoarder, but I blame the boomer hoarders every chance I get.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,273
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.