Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The shooter - MUFFIN
The Rifle - Contender, Bulberry Match Bbl 24", SilencerCo Harvester 300, Bag rest

1st up NORMA Match 22

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2nd - WOLF

3rd - SK Standard PLUS

Last edited by Muffin; 10/15/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by drover
This is an enjoyable "match" concept. The thing that I have learned from it is that my Cooper appears to be competitive with most of the other rifles out there and that I need to find higher grade match ammo. I should also give it a try from my solid benchrest before getting too wrapped up in the ammo search.
The biggest problem now is that it is too cold in the morning to get the best performance from 22 ammo and then by the time it warms up in the afternoon the wind is up.

I really need to try this with my Tikka T1X 22 LR also.

Keep the results coming in.

drover

drover, the T1x is one that intrigues me. When you get a chance, please post your results with that rifle. Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was sittin’ next to Muffin when was shooting. Was watching him closely and suggested after the second target that he would do better with his eyes open.

I was planning to shoot also, but the target frame sits in the shade, red dots are small and the rifle has an aperture sight. Oh well.

Al B. Bach

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I was sittin’ next to Muffin when was shooting. Was watching him closely and suggested after the second target that he would do better with his eyes open.

I was planning to shoot also, but the target frame sits in the shade, red dots are small and the rifle has an aperture sight. Oh well.

Al B. Bach

Oh, that was funny. Its obvious either his rifle doesn't like that ammo, or you were kissing his ear while he was trying to shoot that first target..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
This is an enjoyable "match" concept. The thing that I have learned from it is that my Cooper appears to be competitive with most of the other rifles out there and that I need to find higher grade match ammo. I should also give it a try from my solid benchrest before getting too wrapped up in the ammo search.
The biggest problem now is that it is too cold in the morning to get the best performance from 22 ammo and then by the time it warms up in the afternoon the wind is up.

drover

drover, the T1x is one that intrigues me. When you get a chance, please post your results with that rifle. Thanks..

Bsa.. I happen to know drover can shoot a t1x right proper:)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Certifiable

drover

Your T1X groups better than the one I have now, it falls under the heading of "one of those firearms I should have never sold".
But I have never tried anything in this one besides CCI SV and it throws one out occasionally - shooter, ammo, or rifle I don't know for sure. Maybe I should try some of the SK Std + in it but I am down to my last brick of it and am not sure when, or if, I can replace it.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Al B. Bach

Oh, that was funny. Its obvious either his rifle doesn't like that ammo, or you were kissing his ear while he was trying to shoot that first target..

Don’t make me go all Doc Holliday on ya. 😜

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is the one I wanted to shoot...........

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable

drover

I'm sure he can. I've heard the Tikka's can shoot.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is the one I wanted to shoot...........

Very cool ol Remington.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Al B. Bach

BSA, we're 'close'..... but not THAT close.

I've know him a long time. Will never forget the time in MIA, back around '88 or so, I had the microphone, he had the keyboard, Clinton IIRC had the pencil, there was an aerial ballet going on just east of FL that was spectacular. After the fact Clinton says 'do you realize you had over 35 A/C on your frequency'????

Everybody got through, and we had more coffee!!!

So be careful, we've been trained to stand and fight..............

wink

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fight? Where?!?!? I’m bored, haven’t had a good tussle since An Khe.

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Likely not news to anyone here.

But it is interesting to note the 'Names' of the three different Ammo(s) shot..........

NORMA MATCH - 22, name alone would lead one to believe that this would be some dandy stuff............

WOLF Performance Ammunition - Also sounds like good stuff and I would note that IT IS.......

and then you have

SK STANDARD + - Standard, almost sounds like 'run-of-the-mill stuff...........

Truth is they were/are all good ammo, shot in the order that they appear above...

Maybe I got better as the shoot progressed..

Maybe Dan quit blowing in my ear........

Maybe it had to do with the sun moving a bit.............

YMMV

( . Y . )
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Dan being there would definitely be a distraction, for me anyway. Probably spend more time yakking back and forth than shooting.

The simple truth is the higher the quality of .22 ammo, the better results one can expect. Exceptions abound, but at the end of the day the expensive stuff would be what I bet on. Tighter specs and quality control trumps devil-may-care mass-produced.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's calm here today and I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd download a target from the link and give this thing a try, but the link doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me? Can anyone else open it?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just clicked it and it opened up.

Try going to the front page of the site My Targets . com. Its down at the bottom of the front page.

http://mytargets.com

Originally Posted by bruinruin
It's calm here today and I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd download a target from the link and give this thing a try, but the link doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me? Can anyone else open it?

Last edited by Bob_B257; 10/16/21.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_B257
Just clicked it and it opened up.

Try going to the front page of the site My Targets . com. Its down at the bottom of the front page.

http://mytargets.com

Originally Posted by bruinruin

I got it figured out, thanks. I was expecting it to open a window to print from, but it simply downloaded I to my device and I didn't notice. I appreciate your help.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BSA invited me to shoot at his range yesterday so I packed up a bunch of rifles and went over to try to embarrass myself in a very relaxed "competition" . After wards we brought out a few .22s and tried to shoot the precision rimfire challenge and learned some hard lessons.

Both my 52B and my 541S like SK Standard plus, but I found out the SK tends to have fliers. some by just a little bit, but some were more like "WTF" just happened? So, I tried some Eley Action and, after about 12-15 sighter rounds they started to group so I shot another target to see how I could do.... I did find out this is a lot harder than it looks even with very accurate rifles. I brought out my 541S and shot some of the Eley through it and it was grouping "okay", but not spectacular so I got out the RWS I just received and started to season the barrel. At first this stuff was all over the place with my 52B and my 541S and I was about to give up on it, but after about 15 rounds it finally started to group like I expected it to and I was able to shoot a couple more targets with it. Still not perfect targets but better than the targets I shot with SK Standard plus.... after a while a bunch of militia types opened fire in a rock pit adjacent to our gun range and the noise was like WWIII going on and incredibly distracting so we called it a day.

Thanks to BSA for inviting me and I'll try to post some pics a little later today if I can figure it out. Seems like every time I try to post pics I have to learn the system all over again....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sheister
BSA invited me to shoot at his range yesterday so I packed up a bunch of rifles and went over to try to embarrass myself in a very relaxed "competition" . After wards we brought out a few .22s and tried to shoot the precision rimfire challenge and learned some hard lessons.

Both my 52B and my 541S like SK Standard plus, but I found out the SK tends to have fliers. some by just a little bit, but some were more like "WTF" just happened? So, I tried some Eley Action and, after about 12-15 sighter rounds they started to group so I shot another target to see how I could do.... I did find out this is a lot harder than it looks even with very accurate rifles. I brought out my 541S and shot some of the Eley through it and it was grouping "okay", but not spectacular so I got out the RWS I just received and started to season the barrel. At first this stuff was all over the place with my 52B and my 541S and I was about to give up on it, but after about 15 rounds it finally started to group like I expected it to and I was able to shoot a couple more targets with it. Still not perfect targets but better than the targets I shot with SK Standard plus.... after a while a bunch of militia types opened fire in a rock pit adjacent to our gun range and the noise was like WWIII going on and incredibly distracting so we called it a day.

Thanks to BSA for inviting me and I'll try to post some pics a little later today if I can figure it out. Seems like every time I try to post pics I have to learn the system all over again....

Bob

I had a great time meeting Bob. He is a joker, good people and a great shooter. He left out the part about letting me shoot his 52B. What a beautiful rifle, but it has a custom stock with right hand cheek piece with a roll over comb. He offered to let me shoot it, but I told him I'd have to shoot it right handed and I'd be at a disadvantage. His rifles are extremely accurate. I expect he will be posting some pics of some decent targets when he gets a chance.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I finally had an opportunity to shoot the Tikka T1X on the red dot target
18 out of 20 - The first shot in row 2 and the third shot in row 3 were almost breaking the line. Not bad for a $500 rifle and $2.99 per box ammo.
CCI S/V - I shot the first 10 shots before realizing that I was at the end of that lot number so I shot the next 10 from another lot, it really didn't seem to make any difference thouigh. Needless to say I am very happy with this rifle and ammo combo.

It is unmodified except for adjusting the trigger to 1 ln 4 oz and the addition of the buttpad.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,105 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.