Campfire Tracker
R
Give it up man.

GB1

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
483 views so far, and only 11 troublemakers (the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 472 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More likely 472 sympathetic viewers willing to sign a petition to have you committed. Assuming you're not already there.

Last edited by RufusG; 09/22/21.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Of course it was user error, but why do you think it happened?

Operator error with aggravating circumstances (Violation of Rule Number 2.)

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HEY, 1911 users! Don't point your weapon at your leg when its loaded!

Carry on....

Last edited by David_Walter; 09/22/21.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
“sir [ ] … on april 7th 2021 i purchased a [ ] 1911 45 cal. pistol from a firearms dealer in [ ] ... after which I loaded a round in the chamber while in my vehicle lowered the hammer and pulled it back to the half cock position, i then inserted the magizine and put the sidearm in the holster that i usually carry it in while in the vehicle, bringing it across my lap to put it away in the center console the firearm went off hitting my right leg.”

This sorta thing just keeps on happening because some users are not getting the word.

Out of curiosity, what was the date of the leg ventilation?

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Of course it was user error, but why do you think it happened?

Operator error with aggravating circumstances (Violation of Rule Number 2.)

Very true.
I’m thinking it’s due, at least in part, to movies and television. It seems like too many directors want an actor to be seen cocking the pistol’s hammer to clearly show that they really mean it this time when pointing that pistol at another actor.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
“sir [ ] … on april 7th 2021 i purchased a [ ] 1911 45 cal. pistol from a firearms dealer in [ ] ... after which I loaded a round in the chamber while in my vehicle lowered the hammer and pulled it back to the half cock position, i then inserted the magizine and put the sidearm in the holster that i usually carry it in while in the vehicle, bringing it across my lap to put it away in the center console the firearm went off hitting my right leg.”

This sorta thing just keeps on happening because some users are not getting the word.

Don’t know. From what he said, it sounds like it happened in the dealer’s parking lot immediately after the purchase.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
....but why do you think it happened?

I have no good reason to believe it did happen. No source, no link, just a third hand account from a witness with zero credibility.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
564 views so far, and now 12 troublemakers (but still the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 552 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not using the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
More like 552 members just shaking their heads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonerider
I reckon I must be doing something wrong or perhaps I have not been trained correctly. I have been shooting 1911's for 60 years and I aint shot myownself Yet!!

this

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Seems inconsistent with something that happened on the day the pistol was purchased.

At any rate, unsafe gun handling often results in ND's and injuries.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Seems inconsistent with something that happened on the day the pistol was purchased.

At any rate, unsafe gun handling often results in ND's and injuries.

Good observation. That certainly rules out a same day occurrence.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It happened because the owner is a dumbass who shouldn't have a gun at all

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
564 views so far, and now 12 troublemakers (but still the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 552 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not using the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

They all think you are a douche as well. They are just too polite to say so.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Don’t know. From what he said, it sounds like it happened in the dealer’s parking lot immediately after the purchase.

That's the way I read it too, until he mentioned that he was going to "put it in the holster that he usually carried it in." That sounds to me like he had owned the gun and the holster for some time before he bobbled around and shot himself.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn

They all think you are a douche as well. They are just too polite to say so.

+552

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
483 views so far, and only 11 troublemakers (the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 472 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges.

Either carry a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power with an empty chamber OR with a round in the chamber and the safety engaged and keep your booger hook of off the trigger. The half cock notch on the hammer is for catching the hammer if it follows the slide ONLY. It is NOT a safety position.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Now 699 views so far, with only 12 troublemakers (the same jerks as always). So, there may be as many as 687 members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word along to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not trying to use the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 44mc, Ashworth, 10 invisible), 1,259 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,262
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.