Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Blu_Cs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Gents:

Been watching with interest the developments in Australia, especially in Victoria.

Gott admit, I'm seeing more steel in the spine than I was expecting. Good on you! Seriously good on ya!

But why not post developments on this board rather than the CF?

Thanks

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ultimately most of us are just sitting and watching, but we will respond when comments are made by others - generally from those in the US in the general HC forum.

We see the news, have a few choice words and then move on. I don't see any long term threatening situations developing - it'll blow over to some extent. Maybe we are too laid back and don't worry enough?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A lot of Aussies in internet land are pretty quiet right now, thanks to the feds granting themselves a swathe of powers relating to apprehending on the basis of 'subversive intentions', the ability to hijack personal media without warrant and more. Some are permanent changes btw, not directly related to the health directives. They were brought in with covid, but dont specifically relate to covid, so unfortunately what Mauser9mm said is not correct, these laws wont be dissappearing.

B
Blu_Cs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well the best of luck to you. These are indeed trying times.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ultimately most of us are just sitting and watching, but we will respond when comments are made by others - generally from those in the US in the general HC forum.

We see the news, have a few choice words and then move on. I don't see any long term threatening situations developing - it'll blow over to some extent. Maybe we are too laid back and don't worry enough?

Kind of like your gun confiscation? lol. That was pretty laid back

Unfortunately there are enough useful idiots in Australia now that the changes wi e permanent.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka

Unfortunately there are enough useful idiots in Australia now that the changes wi e permanent.

About as laid back as the time you marched on Washington with all your mates brandishing arms to remedy the stolen election, and that time you held off all those federal troops that were shutting down the businesses because of covid...then there is the time you single handily held of all those Haitians with your AR15.

Man...you were a SUPERHERO...you even made the news here...seriously, it bought a tear to my eye.

See, this snide crap cuts both ways...so how about you pull your head in and be polite.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[

like when the US brought in permits for supressors, short barrelled rifles and machine guns in the gun control acts of the 30's. Refresh my memory, how much resistance was there to that? You yanks rolled over for uncle sam without a second thought.

In fact in about 20,000 pieces of gun legislation brought into the US 50 states and 3000 counties the last 80 years I cant remember seeing reports of armed resistance or open defiance to any of them....

Of course you could prove me wrong and show a video of yourself cutting a rifle barrel down illegally.

Ive been asking that of blowhard americans on internet forums for 20 years. Still havent found one with the balls to practice what he preaches.

Learn some manners or grow a brain. Hint. One option is easier than the other..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

About as laid back as the time you marched on Washington with all your mates brandishing arms to remedy the stolen election, and that time you held off all those federal troops that were shutting down the businesses because of covid...then there is the time you single handily held of all those Haitians with your AR15.

Man...you were a SUPERHERO...you even made the news here...seriously, it bought a tear to my eye.

See, this snide crap cuts both ways...so how about you pull your head in and be polite.

This ribka guy sounds like he could take on china by himself laugh

You know, 20 years on gun forums the yanks are always advising resistance to tyranny

. Then you ask them to resist something as minor as a supressor law and they scuttle back behind the safety of the keyboard.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 158XTP

You know, 20 years on gun forums the yanks are always advising resistance to tyranny

. Then you ask them to resist something as minor as a supressor law and they scuttle back behind the safety of the keyboard.

There are enough of them that are decent people, but the majority are so stupidly insular that it is bordering on pathetic...fond of pointing the finger at everyone around the world and failing to look at themselves.

Funny thing is that they are tied up with red tape and laws way beyond where we are, and they don't even know it.

But the decent ones...they make the effort worthwhile.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What I would like to know is how widespread the lockdowns are in Australia and how much discord there is within the various levels of government.

In the US there are lots of areas of resistance that seldom makes the news. First, there are no federal lockdowns. It’s all various states. Some states are fairly restrictive, some literally not at all. And a lot are in between. Within those states, you have counties and municipalities who are all in on any restrictions, some not at all, and lot in between. Within those states and municipalities you have state and local law enforcement with the same divide and within the local law enforcement you have city and county law enforcement.

In my area, early on the county sheriff, the local police, and the district attorney said that they wouldn’t lift a finger to enforce any lockdowns or mask mandates. The law makers could pass whatever they wanted, but they could get out there and enforce them themselves if they wanted anything done. Thus, we’ve lived our lives as normal and never gotten to the point of needing any sort of resistance at all. I honestly don’t know what would happen if we had actual lockdowns here, but I suspect we wouldn’t have mass protest, we would just ignore them.

People tend to be polite here. Being unnecessarily rude to a stranger could still lead to an ass beating or worse. So, we don’t even have mask Karens running around.

Is there any of that level of official resistance in Australia or is everything mandated from the top down. I realize the entire system is less bifurcated than ours.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/23/21.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I applaud the Aussies for pushing back. Any type of push back, in any form is better than rolling over. Sometimes the push back is ignoring the mandate, sometimes it is protesting and for most here it is complying after the brainwashing. I live in a section of the US where ignoring was the way to go. No state/city around me had mandates, many businesses did. At that point you can choose to mask up and go in to spend your money, or bypass it and get your stuff elsewhere. Had I lived in a mandate area, my choices may have been different.
A lot of keyboard commandos think they will go down in a hail of bullets fighting for what is right. In actuality, the scene from the movie STRIPES, where John Candy and friends hand over their guns is more like what will happen.
During hurricane Katrina, peoples guns were taken, just because they had them. Some people boasted that - they didn't find this one!! (but they took the other 19 that they did find!) My question is - what good is a gun if you are not going to use it?? Do you risk the chance of death, injury or incarceration?? I guess all that "From my cold dead hands" stuff is BS. The time to use it is before you surrendered the other 19 guns - not to brag that you still have 1 !! A gun buried in your backyard does no good, unless it is there so you can point the finger and say " you coward, you gave up your guns". Either way you are still perceived as the disarmed masses from the ruling class.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

There are enough of them that are decent people, but the majority are so stupidly insular that it is bordering on pathetic...fond of pointing the finger at everyone around the world and failing to look at themselves.

Funny thing is that they are tied up with red tape and laws way beyond where we are, and they don't even know it.

You two are nothing but spinning heads and BS. Too bad if you had a clue you would bury it in the backyard somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rickt300

You two are nothing but spinning heads and BS. Too bad if you had a clue you would bury it in the backyard somewhere.

Hey Ricky, can you guess which category you fall into?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
What I would like to know is how widespread the lockdowns are in Australia and how much discord there is within the various levels of government.

In the US there are lots of areas of resistance that seldom makes the news. First, there are no federal lockdowns. It’s all various states. Some states are fairly restrictive, some literally not at all. And a lot are in between. Within those states, you have counties and municipalities who are all in on any restrictions, some not at all, and lot in between. Within those states and municipalities you have state and local law enforcement with the same divide and within the local law enforcement you have city and county law enforcement.

In my area, early on the county sheriff, the local police, and the district attorney said that they wouldn’t lift a finger to enforce any lockdowns or mask mandates. The law makers could pass whatever they wanted, but they could get out there and enforce them themselves if they wanted anything done. Thus, we’ve lived our lives as normal and never gotten to the point of needing any sort of resistance at all. I honestly don’t know what would happen if we had actual lockdowns here, but I suspect we wouldn’t have mass protest, we would just ignore them.

People tend to be polite here. Being unnecessarily rude to a stranger could still lead to an ass beating or worse. So, we don’t even have mask Karens running around.

Is there any of that level of official resistance in Australia or is everything mandated from the top down. I realize the entire system is less bifurcated than ours.

I can answer some.

The state governments are responsible for the public health of their citizens and provide the enforceable government directions. The federal government is responsible for biosecurity and controls restrictions on international travel, and also provides funding for any assistance payments and support etc as part of its responsibility for the financial health of the country and the businesses within. (You will see examples below that the effects of the actions of the state politicians has to be corrected by the federal politicians.) The federal government is also arranging the supply of vaccines.

Each state only has one major city (where the bulk of the population live) and the local governments do not have any additional power for health orders, and they are controlled by the state health directives. Any additional health control layer at a local level would be sure to totally fugg things up further.

The states are generally in close competition with each other so follow what the others are doing. Queensland and Western Australia have a long reputation as nanny states and go beyond what's needed irrespective of the negative outcomes and damages this causes (eg zero cases, border closures etc). Our politicians are extremely short sighted and are happy just to make it through a term. Either way at the end of it they are guaranteed healthy pensions and benefits as a result of their efforts that mere plebs can only dream of. They also like to use the power of sledging their counterparts in other states in order to make their own incompetent performance look a little better. But I'm sure this is a common theme with politicians worldwide.

At a more personal level, I don't know people who are strongly biased either way in regards to the handling of the covid in as far as actually taking action or being local about it in public. The people I associate with tend to go with the flow and don't get easily offended, nor feel extremely violated, by being told to wear a cheap cotton rag on their face - we'll survive. I'll even wear a little hat at birthday party even though I think it's stupid (actually that's why I do it). At the shopping centres I go to I sometimes see people without a mask but it's no big deal, and it looks like no-one in our area is named Karen. I did it myself accidently once when I'd forgotten to mask up before I got out of the car, and no one said anything. I hardly ever use the hand sanitiser and often forget to scan the Q-code, just like many others, and I'm still alive and not even in jail.

Most people would be happy to see restrictions go and most of these are happy to wait it out. Some are impacted worse than others and some are willing to go vocal and publicly protest. Just like anywhere else only the more extreme events get reported, and sadly others only see this and think that this is the norm. Karens are out there.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300

Spinning heads from a random drop-in on the wrong forum, hell that really hurts.

get back to me when you defy a single gun law in your own state, city or county. Post it up publicly since Americans are proud of free speech.

there you go, two examples for you and that lightweight ribka to put your money where your mouth is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At a more personal level, I don't know people who are strongly biased either way in regards to the handling of the covid in as far as actually taking action or being local about it in public. The people I associate with tend to go with the flow and don't get easily offended, nor feel extremely violated, by being told to wear a cheap cotton rag on their face - we'll survive. I'll even wear a little hat at birthday party even though I think it's stupid (actually that's why I do it).

Most people would be happy to see restrictions go and most of these are happy to wait it out. Some are impacted worse than others and some are willing to go vocal and publicly protest. Just like anywhere else only the more extreme events get reported, and sadly others only see this and think that this is the norm. Karens are out there.

Mauser, a lot of people are in situations are lot more serious than wearing a 'silly party hat' mate. Some have lost everything, there are mass backruptcies, foreclosures, small businesses folding every week. The fact these figures arent making the news doesnt mean its not happening and is actually concerning its not being reported.

The other downside of small businesses closing is big businesses buying them up whiich is why international logistics, silicon components, meat, raw materials and textiles have jumped between 25-1000% in the last 18 months. This is unprecedented price gouging, normally only seen in the 3rd world. There are a bunch of laws there for preventing price gouging, price fixing and monopolisation and its like all 30x 1st world countries have simultaenously decided to ignore them.

You might find yourself a little less relaxed when when your salary is running about half its earning power, which I believe it coming if we dont open up soon. Personally I worry about the kids generation the most. They have enough problems buying a house already. We lock down to save old folk and give the kids a bill with great depression stamped on it after. Crap deal.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Absolutely, the economic damage caused by the governments response to covid will take some time to recover from.

I meant that I'm not overly worried about the health aspect or fear of projected loss of freedoms. I'll wear a mask if they want me to, and I'll do the social distancing etc because it's not going to be like this forever. The rules have cyclically relaxed during the course of the last year and a half - and have always tended towards how life used to be.

The unknown scares people and it's going to be the end of the world, but it never is. We go through disease and economic hardships but we get out of it eventually. How many times has the world supposed to have ended?

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Sadly, a lot of the economic harm is probably not necessary. Severe lockdowns likely being knee jerk reactions made by those who don't look at the big picture.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The lockdowns and mass injections will in all likelihood be recognised as among the worst things that could have been done.

Sure, we should have protected the elderly and other vulnerable people, but for the vast majority the virus represented minimal risk, especially in its initial strain. It was inevitable that it would spread, sooner or later, and if it had done so we would by now have a population with true herd immunity - lasting, robust immunity - derived from having had the virus. Yes, there would have been deaths, but we have had deaths anyway, particularly due to a sharp increase in suicide, and that suicide wave continues as people's livelihoods and hope are destroyed.

It is already emerging that the mRNA and viral vector injections - they are not vaccines - have not been a lasting success. They don't prevent infection or transmission, their protective effect is fast waning, and it appears that they have fostered the emergence of new strains for which they don't provide protection. At the same time they appear to damage the body's natural defences and may even enhance the effects of new strains on the body, and we don't yet know the full extent of the long-term damage that they may do.

As well, the makers of these drugs have insisted that countries taking them agree not only to indemnify them completely against any liability for harm, but actively to suppress competition from other therapeutics, like Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine, and to take all steps they can to compel people to accept the injections. It has been vastly profitable for them.

The whole thing has been a debacle.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
With the general population acting as Guinea Pigs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 71 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.