-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What are the physical measurements of the unit?
Is it necessary to have the barrel aligned with the center of the unit height wise?
Can the barrel of a center fire rifle be 6-8” in front of the unit and will it still trigger?
What is the height to the center of the unit sitting on the base unit with the large metal base?

Thinking of buying one, but these questions answered will allow me to see if the unit will work for my application.

Any other input that anyone can give me would be helpful and appreciated

thanks in advance
Terry

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://mylabradar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/20151117131553_UserManual11-Labradar-EN.pdf

Dimension 29cm x 26cm x 6cm (2.1 lbs)

4.3.1 ALIGNING THE RADAR

Locate a suitable position for your LabRadar and position it within 18 inches to either side of the muzzle of your firearm. The unit contains a 1⁄4 inch x 20 threaded plate on the base of the unit for mounting on a standard tripod. To properly align the radar look through the sighting notch located in the top center of the unit and aim the radar at the target that you will be shooting at. Make sure it is in a stable position to insure that there is no movement after you align it with your target.
Place the LabRadar in a position where it will not be impacted by ejecting cartridge cases, muzzle debris/blast or other items. THE LABRADAR SHOULD BE PROTECTED FROM LARGE CALIBER WEAPONS WITH MUZZLE BRAKES. PLACE A BARRIER BETWEEN THE MUZZLE AND LABRADAR TO PROTECT THE SYSTEM.
The LabRadar sHoULD Not be in front of your muzzle. It is acceptable to place your muzzle in front of the LabRadar.
Ideally it should be in a position where you can see the display screen from your position to prevent unnecessary movement. Firearms with suppressors or that have a very low muzzle blast may need to be moved closer to the side of the radar unit and the muzzle and the muzzle even with the side of the unit.

Swifty
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I use the doppler trigger mode so I usually have the unit far enough to the rear that I can reach the buttons from my seated position which puts it slightly forward of the action or about 2’ behind the muzzle. I position the center of the unit about 15” to the right of the rifle. In the setup mode you can adjust for lateral offset. If I’m checking handgun loads off the bench the unit is pretty much even with, or just a few inches behind the muzzle. I try to make sure that it’s not right in line with the barrel/cylinder gap of revolvers, especially magnums.

The factory base (not included with the unit) has a ball type attachment that allows you to aim it however you wish. You can also mount it on a camera tripod. When installed on the factory base, the center of the unit is about 9 1/2” above the bench. Perfect height alignment hasn’t been a problem for me but with the height of my front sandbag, it’s just about perfect.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I tried one for a couple years...gave it away and went back to a Brittany.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
About 6 back 6 to side with sonic trigger works for me. IIRC

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Both positions work...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,218
Posts18,466,389
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.