Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MPat70 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have my Lola which is just a lap pal and emotional support companion. I am about as frugal as it comes to spending money. I don't go to the doctor half as much as I should but I don't bat an eye when it comes to taking Lola for her Vet appointment's. I want to keep her as healthy and happy as possible whereas I shirk on my own health. How many of you guy's & gal's are like that; or is it just me?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BP-B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My Sophie is extremely important to me. Don't know what I would do without her.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You aint alone on that> My Heddie a Large Munsterlander is not only my best friend but a regular hunting partner. I call her Heddie Munster. Dogs have been a big part of my life since I was a baby. She my avatar image also

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by AZmark; 09/23/21.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Humans take care of the simple stuff - food and shelter. The dog is in charge of loyalty and love.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MPat70
I have my Lola which is just a lap pal and emotional support companion. I am about as frugal as it comes to spending money. I don't go to the doctor half as much as I should but I don't bat an eye when it comes to taking Lola for her Vet appointment's. I want to keep her as healthy and happy as possible whereas I shirk on my own health. How many of you guy's & gal's are like that; or is it just me?

I'm not like that at all. I take care of me, my family and the dogs I had. Me and the family first before dogs. All my dogs have had a great and generous life.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I got my first dog in November and understand the sentiment. But take care of yourself too, you have to be there for the pup. That said, all the money I’ve spent on her is a lot cheaper than therapy.

Old70

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I don’t have any pets. But rest assured, my family health and my health comes way ahead of that of any animal.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My daughter is a pharmacist, and she said something like people take or buy the meds some (i forget 80%?) amazingly low number, but pets get their meds 98% of the time.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
It is possible to do both, take care of oneself and the animals. The choice is yours to make.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Our dogs get the care they need. It is never cost prohibitive - that's what cc are for. Inconvenient at times, yes.

In the latter case, we may put off something we ourselves need if not critical, but again. we have full med coverage minus deductibles, so it is convenience, not money that determines what/when.

Dogs are a constant inconvenience...... and a joy!

In fact, we carry some pet insurance- the Wunder Wiener is getting his balls off in a matter of minutes today - that was put off for a month for both our convenience (not his! smile. ) to take advantage of pet insurance re-up and our schedules.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ruger, Sis, Casey and Gideon…besides my wife….are the reason I go to work everyday. They are my buddies and I don’t hang out with anybody else.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm guilty! I've also never batted an eye when it came to the family's healthcare either but for some reason I do mine.

After 4 major surgeries i have a lot of money invested into this one but I've spent more on other stupid schit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_S
It is possible to do both, take care of oneself and the animals. The choice is yours to make.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Simple, logical, and true^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

The difference with dogs or other pets, they cant tell you if there's something wrong with them and if they think its serious.......That's our job and why I usually err on the "lets go to the vet" side. I erred on the wrong side of that with a dog I loved and really felt bad about, felt guilty for not knowing.

I know some people don't share the love of dogs like some of us do and that's fine, if they don't have one. I hope there's a special place in hell for those that get a dog and then mistreat it.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I find that vets are not very accurate in their diagnoses. Just my experience.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by OldHat

Then you need to start going to a Human Doctor.Do`nt be so cheap on your health.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by OldHat

Then you need to start going to a Human Doctor.Do`nt be so cheap on your health.

LOL LOL
Laugh for the day!!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MPat70

+1

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
604 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.