Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
"… if only there were such a forum which Dummies would actually read."

To insult everybody on the forum. Unbelievable.

You took that to mean you? Interesting.

Every day’s an adventure.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think what Sagebrush was getting at is that you like the smell of your own farts.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raferman
I think what Sagebrush was getting at is that you like the smell of your own farts.

Yes, I’m sure that’s what he meant.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Exchipy
There may be members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges.

A reminder, so we don’t lose track.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bumping yourself to the top.
C'mon man

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
At a shrimp festival in Gulf Shores, AL, I found a group there educating everyone about not getting ran over by a train. They were handing out pamphlets, bumper stickers, and t shirts. Their mascot was a human brain with a face, arms, legs, and a cape. His name was brainy. What a corny superhero. They were a very passionate bunch. I thought what an odd thing to be out advocating against. Is getting struck by a train really that great a threat to the general public?

The OP reminded me of that.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

To repeat, in case you’ve forgotten:

There may be members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Quoting yourself? How sad.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Can you think of a better way to remind all of the message some wish to see buried:

There may be members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not using the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Can you think of a better way to remind all of the message some wish to bury:

Don’t walk on a railroad track if there’s a train coming?
Do you happen to own a cape?

Last edited by gregintenn; 09/23/21.
IC B3

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Don’t walk on a railroad track if there’s a train coming.

SargeMO’s Texas Ranger hero, Charlie Miller, reportedly carried a loaded 1911 on half-cock and with the grip safety tied down. So, maybe these things are not so obvious.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Once again:

There may be members reading this thread who are willing to pass the word to help some uninformed 1911 users avoid unintended discharges by not using the half-cock notch as an alternative to cocked and locked.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You sure have a penchant for bad mouthing men who are now deceased. Men who had long and distinguished careers. Men who had multiple gunfights to their credit and came out on top of every one.

Obviously how ever Mr. Charlie Miller chose to carry his weapons worked for him, as he won every gunfight he was in. It may not be my manner of carry, but if it works for him and the results are obviously favorable, then carry on. Same can be said for with Mr. Allard of the NYPD Stakeout Squad that you repeatedly bad mouth. Who are you to bad mouth them? What have you done?

Funny how a certain type of person does such things, yet would never consider doing so in face to face conversation. It speaks volumes.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this purely a Series 70 problem?

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You sure have a penchant for bad mouthing men who are now deceased. Men who had long and distinguished careers. Men who had multiple gunfights to their credit and came out on top of every one.

Obviously how ever Mr. Charlie Miller chose to carry his weapons worked for him, as he won every gunfight he was in. It may not be my manner of carry, but if it works for him and the results are obviously favorable, then carry on. Same can be said for with Mr. Allard of the NYPD Stakeout Squad that you repeatedly bad mouth. Who are you to bad mouth them? What have you done?

Funny how a certain type of person does such things, yet would never consider doing so in face to face conversation. It speaks volumes.

How on earth can you possibly construe what I just said about Charlie Miller as “bad mouthing” him? Perhaps he was well aware of the risks and conducted himself accordingly. But, those risks exist nevertheless, and a below average schmo may well not be capable of accounting for them.

As for your pseudo-revered “Mr. Allard,” whatever he may have been in his earlier years (which was not the work of his publicist), he did not acquit himself well in his later years with the other members of his gun club, which included the Podiatrist he negligently shot in the foot with his defectively altered 1911 after boasting, “Let me show you a real man’s gun.”

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How on earth can you possibly construe what I just said about Charlie Miller as “bad mouthing” him? Perhaps he was well aware of the risks and conducted himself accordingly. But, those risks exist nevertheless, and a below average schmo may well not be capable of accounting for them.

As for your pseudo-revered “Mr. Allard,” whatever he may have been in his earlier years (which was not the work of his publicist), he did not acquit himself well in his later years with the other members of his gun club, which included the Podiatrist he negligently shot in the foot with his defectively altered 1911 after boasting, “Let me show you a real man’s gun.”

You are politicking for POS of the year

By the way you aren't distinguishing yourself in a positive manner in your latter years

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really starting to sound more like Lee24 than Raisuli, though it could very well be the bastard offspring of that duo.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

You are politicking for POS of the year

Nah, he has the award all wrapped up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
People do stupid chit all the time. I just don’t understand your urgency to protect them all from this one particular yet minuscule problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
do you ever get tired of being a retard?

as long as folks keep playing ball, he will keep pitching. Stop responding, and he will STFU. Chipy is playing y'all like a fiddle

Sam......

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.