Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

When the big majority of posts are on the Classifieds, it’s a red flag for me…….

Guess that makes me trouble too.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had a friend of mine do that to me. He was looking for a 7mmMag for long distance shooting. I had nice Rem 700 classic (I believe..) that I gave him a sweet deal on because it was going to be his "one & done" type rifle. Once he figured out what he "could get for it", he sold it, bought an SPS and kept the difference. He even had the audacity to say "I was able to get X amount of dollars for it, so I sold it and bought a cheaper one".

I told him "no crap Sherlock", and will never sell him anything for a deal again.

In other words, he was completely oblivious to the entire transaction/process - and we are friends! Doesn't surprise me that others could do the same thing.

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by CBinNH

When the big majority of posts are on the Classifieds, it’s a red flag for me…….

2276 post, 2273 of them are in Classifieds. Rick should charge members like that, contribute nothing just take.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
I had a friend of mine do that to me. He was looking for a 7mmMag for long distance shooting. I had nice Rem 700 classic (I believe..) that I gave him a sweet deal on because it was going to be his "one & done" type rifle. Once he figured out what he "could get for it", he sold it, bought an SPS and kept the difference. He even had the audacity to say "I was able to get X amount of dollars for it, so I sold it and bought a cheaper one".

I told him "no crap Sherlock", and will never sell him anything for a deal again.

In other words, he was completely oblivious to the entire transaction/process - and we are friends! Doesn't surprise me that others could do the same thing.

Small world, same thing happened to me.

A "friend" said that he wanted a rifle that I had to complete his collection of that style of Savage Model 99. I sold it to him for what I had in it, about 2/3 what I could have sold it for. He turned around and sold it to a guy and then crowed about how much money he made on that sale. We drifted apart, probably because whenever he asked me about buying a rifle that I might have, I reminded him about the rifle that he begged me to sell to him for his collection.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy

Small world, same thing happened to me.

A "friend" said that he wanted a rifle that I had to complete his collection of that style of Savage Model 99. I sold it to him for what I had in it, about 2/3 what I could have sold it for. He turned around and sold it to a guy and then crowed about how much money he made on that sale. We drifted apart, probably because whenever he asked me about buying a rifle that I might have, I reminded him about the rifle that he begged me to sell to him for his collection.

If he was a good friend he would have offered to pay you a little more that it's value.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by mirage243

2276 post, 2273 of them are in Classifieds. Rick should charge members like that, contribute nothing just take.

I guess I am someone that falls in that category as well. I have had a few run-ins as well as witnessed internet cowboys and "expert hunters" that are quick to jump on someone if they disagree on a particular topic. It's tough to "contribute" to a forum if they view things a bit differently or have had different experiences, or don't have a posse to hang within the forum.

This post is not to call anyone out or anything - just a quick perspective from a member that has been here a while, but hangs out behind-the-scenes.

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[quote=jolintaxidermy]I had a friend of mine do that to me. He was looking for a 7mmMag for long distance shooting. I had nice Rem 700 classic (I believe..) that I gave him a sweet deal on because it was going to be his "one & done" type rifle. Once he figured out what he "could get for it", he sold it, bought an SPS and kept the difference. He even had the audacity to say "I was able to get X amount of dollars for it, so I sold it and bought a cheaper one".

I had a so called friend do the exact same thing on an AR , he didn’t even care, we are no longer friends

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'd like to hear 1holeaddict's side of the story before rendering judgment.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 160user
I see the "rut" has started early this year.

👍👍

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

I am also guilty

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yes this crap happens

Here is the flip side

A few years ago I felt I had a boat or two too many
I had a boat we all really liked and suggested to my Daughter and Son in Law this would be more suited for you than your current Sea Ray

They thought about it sold their boat and I said OK I have xxx in this
Thats what they paid me

about 4 years later we talked and I suggested that they sell that boat and just use the new boat I bought I said I would rather use one more than 2 half as much, it took a bit my Son In Law really liked this boat but they did

They sold the boat very early in the year and one day I looked at my bank account and there seemed to be a quite a bit more than I expected
after a short bit of research I figured out that they put it in my account
When I asked about it

They told me I could have made the money off the boat but I didnt by selling it to them

So we used if for about 4 years and made xxxx so we gave it back to you

I dont want to say how much, but at todays prices I could have bought a couple new in box Fieldcrafts

Needless to say I was stunned I really didnt know how to react

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It's good to hear things like this.

As for posting in the Classifieds, I have sold very little here, but I do peruse the offers for sale.

I'm a member on several forums, yet find the items here often suit my taste more than the others.

As for posting in other forums, I tend to read a lot and say little.

On more than one occasion I have given, and paid for shipping, items to members I've never met in person because they were looking for a specific part needed to repair a firearm, or brass in a rare caliber, etc.

Others have done the same for me.

Generally, I find the honesty and integrity of most people on this form to be above average, and have never had a bad deal.

I know it happens and there are a$$-a-holas on every forum, and plenty in the real world.

Last edited by skfullen; 09/23/21. Reason: Update

The original Frito Bandito!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by boatboy
Yes this crap happens

Here is the flip side

I had a boat we all really liked and suggested to my Daughter and Son in Law this would be more suited for you than your current Sea Ray

Thats what they paid me

about 4 years later we talked and I suggested that they sell that boat and just use the new boat I bought I said I would rather use one more than 2 half as much, it took a bit my Son In Law really liked this boat but they did

They sold the boat very early in the year and one day I looked at my bank account and there seemed to be a quite a bit more than I expected
When I asked about it

They told me I could have made the money off the boat but I didnt by selling it to them

I dont want to say how much, but at todays prices I could have bought a couple new in box Fieldcrafts

Hank

Honor, and class.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes this crap happens

Here is the flip side

Thats what they paid me

When I asked about it

Hank

That is the product of good upbringing right there!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks for the compliments

Ironic I don't need much in compliments myself

But when people compliment my Daughter to me
It's as good as it gets
I am very Proud of her
I have been tough on her for her whole life even at 29 the Old man can be a prick at times😁

Again Thanks Guys

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 09/23/21.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I'd like to hear 1holeaddict's side of the story before rendering judgment.

He's more than welcome to come on here and tell it, I'll tear his ass up if he does. I've been helped by so many good guys on here, and I've helped a bunch myself. I see the classifieds as a place to buy and sell sheit you aren't using, or to help somebody who can't find what they need. If you are here to flip purely for profit, you should pay Rick a fee.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the compliments

Ironic I don't need much in compliments myself

But when people compliment my Daughter to me
It's as good as it gets
I am very Proud of her
I have been tough on her for her whole life even at 29 the Old man can be a prick at times😁

Again Thanks Guys

Hank

You sound exactly like me. LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/viewmessage/message/1053982/gonew/0

Mirage243 need mental help. SOMEONE PLEASE GET HIM A DOCTOR!!

First he posts he has what i am looking for. WRONG
Second he posts he does not have 168 BT but 168 Amax..
Third he asks if i am interested..
Fourth he BACKS OUT of his offering and tells me he would rather me go buy them on MIDWAY..
Fifth he MAKES A THREAT THAT HE IS GOING TO FOLLOW ME AROUND.
Sixth he posts a thread about me..

All because HE WASTED MY TIME WITH UNEDUCATED NONSENSE!!!!

Sounds like his MOMMAS TITTY DRIED UP LAST NIGHT

Last edited by 1holeaddict; 09/23/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 1holeaddict
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/viewmessage/message/1053982/gonew/0

Fourth he BACKS OUT of his offering and tells me he would rather me go buy them on MIDWAY..

Fugkin go time now!! Where’s Mirage? Time to defend your mommas titty’s honor!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 1holeaddict

Yea, read the PM's you cokksucker.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (222ND, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 68 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.