Campfire Ranger
I hear it’s only for pussies. Grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Never played hockey, can’t skate but looks like fun, don’t look sissy to me. I liked hitting people, they do a lot of that.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Football... Nobody has a club.

Baseball... Only one guy has a club.

Hockey..... Everybody has a club.

Golf....Everybody has a bag of clubs.

I didn't play H.S. hockey. Wasn't good enough, but I can now skate circles around the guys that did.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did pretty well in track and cross country. I wrestled, too, but was way too skinny to do much. I usually got my tail kicked but it was mainly to stay in shape during the winter.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Joshm28
Played golf in college on scholarship. Went as far as taking the PGA’s Player Ability Test (qualified) but was burned out. Picked it back up 5 years ago at age 37. Current USGA handicap is +1.4. I’m slightly better now than I was in college and much longer off the tee. Funny how that happens.

I don't like you.

I was happy to shoot 93 in the wind today

Lol. I was truly blessed as a junior golfer. My father was in outside sales and would cart me around to junior events all over the southeast. I had one of the BEST swing coaches in the south. A gentleman named Travis Hudson. Take a minute and read his bio (he caught in the battle of the Bulge) https://78mag.com/blog/2018/02/life-times-travis-hudson. Once I was 16 I started working at our local country club and did so even through college. As of 9/1 I was appointed to the Board of Directors at that same club. It will always hold a special place in my heart! Now my kids are up on that same driving range learning the game.

I honestly was blessed with extremely good hand eye coordination, enough so to overcome some swing defects. My 7yo little girl is showing signs of it so there’s hope lol. I would like to see what I could do with real practice and not just playing money games 2-3x per week. Hunting really gets in the way of that though.

Stick with it and start tracking stats. Work on ONE thing at a time. Those scores WILL get better!! 👍👍

Last edited by Joshm28; 09/23/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Played golf in college on scholarship. Went as far as taking the PGA’s Player Ability Test (qualified) but was burned out. Picked it back up 5 years ago at age 37. Current USGA handicap is +1.4. I’m slightly better now than I was in college and much longer off the tee. Funny how that happens.

I don't like you.

I was happy to shoot 93 in the wind today

Lol. I was truly blessed as a junior golfer. My father was in outside sales and would cart me around to junior events all over the southeast. I had one of the BEST swing coaches in the south. A gentleman named Travis Hudson. Take a minute and read his bio (he caught in the battle of the Bulge) https://78mag.com/blog/2018/02/life-times-travis-hudson. Once I was 16 I started working at our local country club and did so even through college. As of 9/1 I was appointed to the Board of Directors at that same club. It will always hold a special place in my heart! Now my kids are up on that same driving range learning the game.

I honestly was blessed with extremely good hand eye coordination, enough so to overcome some swing defects. My 7yo little girl is showing signs of it so there’s hope lol. I would like to see what I could do with real practice and not just playing money games 2-3x per week. Hunting really gets in the way of that though.

Stick with it and start tracking stats. Work on ONE thing at a time. Those scores WILL get better!! 👍👍

That 93 was legit, not mulligan stew, and it was from 6300 yard tees, not the geezer tees.

Scorecard had a snowman on a par 5. I just don't have the time or inclination to practice enough to actually be good. And my putting sucks. We played no gimmies today and I missed a few short ones.

But, I kept my cigar lit, so there's that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If hunting is a sport I’m an athlete……………..

……….got the T-shirt.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m slightly better now than I was in college and much longer off the tee. Funny how that happens.

I was a better goalie in my 30's than I was when offered a scholarship in high school. Skills are great, but mental toughness takes maturity. Golf requires a lot of mental toughness and the ability to "get it of your own way" on the course.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lettered in debate.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Played football, basketball and baseball in high school. After moving back home I coached Jr High football for 26 years. Also referee high school basketball and umpire high school softball. Trying to cut back on that now and spend time with the daughter, plus trying to not have Dad and brother do the night time farm chores as much...

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Baseball. Third base. Lots of baseball stitch marks on my forearms and shins. 😳
Played third in intramural softball in college and the Navy for many years on the smaller diamond. One day a big guy, about 250 or so, ripped a line drive right at my face. With “cat like reflexes”, 😁 I caught ok but the momentum slammed my glove right back into my nose. Blood all over the place. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
High school was the best of times, football players were treated special, dated cheerleaders, those were the days. I’d like to do it again!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Played football through my freshman year and then quit since I liked to hunt a lot more than play football. Played basketball all four years. Was a starter my Senior year. We did better that year than all the previous Varsity teams while I was in HS, but we still weren't that good. Played baseball until I was 16 but our HS didn't have a baseball team, so played Men's softball after that.

Coached all my kids in baseball and basketball from the time they were each 4 years old. My daughter lost interest after 6th grade, but she wasn't that athletic. My two boys, though, they're athletes. My oldest boy plays basketball and baseball. As a sophomore last year, he started on the Varsity basketball team as well as baseball. Made All-State in baseball. My youngest boy is a sophomore this year and he plays football and baseball. He's the starting fullback on the Varsity team and was named Honorable Mention for the All-State baseball team as a freshman last year. He did play basketball on the JV last year also, but has decided to forget basketball this year and concentrate on bulking up for football. They're both better athletes now than I ever was, even when I was a Senior. I'm an assistant coach for the Varsity and JV baseball teams so maybe my talent lies in coaching rather than in playing!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My father-in-law described his high school team as "we weren't big, but we were slow". smile

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Two time state Champ wrestler. 15:54 5K in Xcountry(placed in top 10 three years in HS). 28.4 pts per game in basketball. 3.2 ppg in hockey. There wasn't much to do in Kenny Lake and we were trained hard enough that it would violate the Geneva Convention.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I started all through HS, a prep/boarding school. B-ball, F-ball, and baseball. I am paying for some of my coaching advice in F-ball, our bodies were weapons! Played sports in the service , ( I was ordered to volunteer). The most scars and dings I ever got though was playing softball in the mtns!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ran cross country ( forth n ur team) and the 880 in track. I missed the school record buy a 1/2 second in the 880. Now I have a hard time walking a have mile! 😁😁

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
All-District D-end my junior year, All-State linebacker my Senior.
All-State Track my Junior year in the 800M Held school record for over 10 years. Blew my ankle up my Senior year playing a pickup game of basketball between math competition test.
All-District first base my Senior year while playing with a bum ankle. Usually played outfield but coach moved me to first so I could still bat while in a soft cast.

CK
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lettered in baseball, basketball, track and golf, but I wasn't a great athlete. I probably would have gotten kilt if my HS had football and I chose to join the team.

I did play on the YMCA football team when I was but a wee lad, though.

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/24/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,565
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.