-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lived on a little one lane road, we knew everyone on it.
It intersected with a state road, we knew everyone on it.
Only a couple houses per mile, most didn't have kids my age.

Stupid [bleep] like that happen, wouldn't have been hard to
find the culprit. Neighbors would likely beat your ass.
No doubt at all about my parents when they found out.

I never even considered it. I was raised to respect people and to
take care of things.

We went to the township elementary school. Country kids,
farming background. The kids from Mann's Choice (pop. 100)
grew up near other kids and were (bad) They might do crap like this.

6th grade we all got threw into the big school.
Soon learned a lot. Especially that town kids are "different".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i grew up in the 70's in western pa. snowballing cars was a regular occurrence. as was throwing corn and tomatoes. you get hit with 5 or 6 handfuls of shelled field corn or a rotten tomato going 40 mph, it'll get your attention. there were two little coal mine towns side by side and kids in my town would pelt the cars going through our town and the next town kids would hit them there. october was open season on cars and houses.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stand under the bridge and lob them up and over the rail when you hear one coming, every once in awhile you'd get some one to chase you across the bayou, Lol, that's why we wore ice skates.

Another fun one was to put a gallon or so of diesel in a tire light it and roll it down the hill across the highway.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup. Still do.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We used to do it often. Sometimes we'd get chased for nearly a mile. Kinda hard to lose someone with snow on the ground. Luckily they got tired before we did.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Yep, but only hit one cop car.
Trying to chuck bluegills into the open widows of passing school buses was more entertaining

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With my buddies and I, if we could pick it up we would try to throw it. Snowballs, apples, water balloons, you name it.
A friend of mine lived on the street where the fairgrounds parking lot is. He set up a thing that was like giant slingshot staked into the lawn. They launched water balloons over his house at the guy directing traffic coming out of the fairgrounds, which was about 80 yards away. They had that poor guy ducking and dodging for a while!

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Load up the back of the truck with 10-15# sugar beets. Have the driver get up to about 70 as you sit in back throwing beets out at mail boxes. I've heard it'll take the box right off the post.

Bb

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
No snow here but we would tie one of moms old purses stuffed full of paper on a high speed spinning reel, Ya put it in the road and every car that came by would slam the breaks to get the purse. By the time they got stoped the purse was hid in the bushes.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Oh yeah! It is what you did in Rapid City if you were too young to drive. We also called cabs to three or four doors down and then shot bottle rockets at them. When my dad found out he made me call the police and tell them it was me…asked the desk sergeant if he could bring me down so I could spend the night in jail. I could hear the guy chuckling as he said.”no, sounds like you have things well in hand there doc, we’ll just let you take care of it”. It was a small town then. I don’t think they’d do that today. Pity, kids should be a little mischievous. A little.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Plenty of them in my long and infamous pranking career of the mid 70's, The only one i remember though was a brand new 75/76 ish oldsmobile convertible metallic red / white top. I threw from a very narrow alley between a biker bar and an office building [my usual spot] And i hit that fugger square! "THUMP"! He hit the brakes but kept going slowly, i sensed trouble so i ducked into my rat hole until i knew the coast was clear! [must have been all of 10 or 15 minutes LOL] Then i packed up another "fast ball" and got ready to launch! Just as i was pick'in my next target, WAM! i got grabbed from behind and picked off the ground by a bear of a man! He was red in the face! his eyes full of rage! He shook me like a rag doll and screamed YOU LITTLE MOTHER FUGGER IM GOING TO KILL YOU! to which i promptly pissed myself! [i was11 or 12 years old] A long and thorough berating ensued and i realized he was an off duty uniformed racine county wisconsin sheriffs captain! And he loved his convertible! I never pelted nice cars after that and always tried to see who was behind the wheel before launching! LOL

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Of course we did !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yes! Crab Apples, Cucumbers and rotten squash to boot. And we thought we were trouble.

RAVENS & WOLVES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes we did, mostly while walking home from middle school. We also "bumper dragged" where in a good snow covered road, you grab onto a bumper while squatting behind a car and ski.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Tomatoes.

It was in the early 70's and we were about 10 or 12 years old. The far end of our property was along a main county road. There was a lot of brush to hide in and it was about 10' up off the road. Perfect angle. One problem was that you could hear them coming, but you couldn't see them very good.

We made a decision not to throw at white cars (county cops drove white cars) or yellow cars (State Troopers back then had yellow).

Here comes our first victim and it's a dark green car, good to go. Car goes by and Whack, Whack, Whack!!!!

"Oh schit, brake lights in the back window." Police cars back then had those big round brake lights in the back window. It was an unmarked State Trooper. eek

So we take off down through the field and get back to the house and there he is sitting in my driveway.

We got into a lot of deep schit with our parents. We told the officer that if we had known that he was a cop, we wouldn't have thrown at him. We wanted to make sure he knew we weren't targeting him because of being a police officer. So he acknowledged that we would have still thrown at any other passer by. Then he lectured us for about 1/2 hour about the dangers of throwing tomatoes at cars as my mother listened in.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 09/25/21.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by mbrook
Yes we did, mostly while walking home from middle school. We also "bumper dragged" where in a good snow covered road, you grab onto a bumper while squatting behind a car and ski.

We called the "bumper drag" skitchin'. I had it down to an art. All went well until you hit clear asphalt, and then you were ripped from the bumper like a band-aid. If you could skitch behind the school bus for a block or two without being caught, you were the talk of the neighborhood. It was fun.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well...
I'm very glad to see I wasn't the only peckerhead kid on the planet.

You guys have restored my faith in humanity and my fellow campfire members

👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 09/25/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snowballs and crab apples at cars and cherry bombs at and over targets of opportunity with the old Wrist Rocket sling shot. Took two people for the cherry bombs. One to pull back the loaded sling shot and the other to light the fuse. You could shoot them a long way both up and out. The fuse burn rate was overall pretty consistent and we got to where we could judge the travel and explosion time well enough.

Almost got caught the night of the 4th of July Someone started tracking the cherry bomb trajectory back as the lighted fuse was easy to see in the sky. We obviously weren't too smart (to be doing this in the first place) but that possibility occurred to us after about five or six shots and we left the launch area shortly before a cop car showed up. Lucky we didn't get a cherry bomb with a fast burning fuse or we could have lost some fingers and/or eyes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.