Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by humdinger

Why outlaw decoys and blinds?

Because they tip the scale too far....hunting at one time was supposed to have some degree of difficulty.

Enclosed blinds and decoys defeat a gobblers only means of defense.

No holds barred approach to hunting has something to do with the everyone deserves a trophy mentality.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LFC

Because they tip the scale too far....hunting at one time was supposed to have some degree of difficulty.

No holds barred approach to hunting has something to do with the everyone deserves a trophy mentality.

Totally agree... I could kill one every day with decoys.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Originally Posted by LFC

And what is your season and limits structured like?

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I renewed the last few years so I could get into the show in Nashville, but not sure i'll renew this year since I don't plan on attending.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no problems with decoys, but if you use them on public land some yahoo may shoot at one. As far as blinds, I use a pop up portable blind, not an enclosed blind. When they come off their roosts and start moving to the left to the next ravine instead of towards you despite responding to every call you make, you gotta move quick. Enclosed blinds make that impossible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My membership expires in March------I'm on the fence. Maybe if they have that $25 gift card incentive.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I have no problems with decoys, but if you use them on public land some yahoo may shoot at one. As far as blinds, I use a pop up portable blind, not an enclosed blind. When they come off their roosts and start moving to the left to the next ravine instead of towards you despite responding to every call you make, you gotta move quick. Enclosed blinds make that impossible.

I suspect people that hunt in the south where there is a high population of turkeys with long season and multiple bird limits get to the point of thinking they should limit hunting methods. Their state DNR might want them to shoot more birds and DON"T want to limit methods. It is population control ultimately.

I have zero problems with using blinds and decoys in MN where we have a one week season and one tom in the spring limit. Hunter successes rate around 25% so these winter tough birds must not be push overs.. or desperate either.

We also don't allow deer baiting and have l1 deer limits. the winter really keeps the population in check on critters... and retired people living here too. :-)

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Here's good read for those frigid Minnesota winters ...."The Old Pro Turkey Hunter" you should be able to find a reasonably priced copy.

I believe a lot of the stories in the book were written as intentional fiction to explain a point....

Turn to page 121 chapter 11 and read "The Turkey Hunters score by degree of difficulty" and see where you rate.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

Here's good read for those frigid Minnesota winters ...."The Old Pro Turkey Hunter" you should be able to find a reasonably priced copy.

I believe a lot of the stories in the book were written as intentional fiction to explain a point....

Turn to page 121 chapter 11 and read "The Turkey Hunters score by degree of difficulty" and see where you rate.

I'm sure I rank low and really low in your opinion based on how your posts LFC. Just an observation reading your posts in the forum.

People use different use methods either driven by law, region, traditions, and spend their time and money differently than you and that won't change.

But I appreciate your input and will look for that book.

Thanks.

IC B3

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't rank or judge you or anyone for anything....sorry if I came across like that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (Ashworth, 35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,256
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.