Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Is that lodgepole, larch, or some sort of fir?

That first pic you posted looked like there was a decent amount of moose browse grown back up. Maybe a benefit one day?

Is that forest naturally a pecker pole forest, or is it like many down here, logged over long ago and never thinned?

The horse trekking looks fun, sure can carry a lot more than my aching back wink

The rest of y'all done some stuff for sure.

Me, not much, got the few good cabbages picked, dog walks, visiting a friend in town then he came by here, some clean up started for the fall. Any more than that and I can't remember it.

White spruce, Geno. A lot of that trail used to be black spruce. Lots of browse coming back, but waiting on the ungulates to take advantage of the enhancement.

That paint pack horse had about 150#.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Broke camp in Montana after 4 months of terrorizing the greater North West and headed south.

Stopped near Dillon on my way outta Montana and reeled in a dozen game-cams I'd had set out for about a month.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GPS is great for remembering the general location of where all the cameras were but once my hound figured out what I was doing, he did the fine tuning on location, but he was along when I set them out so he was cheating...sorta. damn camo paint on those things make it difficult for me, not the dog. He'd run a couple hundred feet ahead and be jumping in the correct tree long before I'd get there.

He earns his ribeyes.

Loaded up and barrelazzed south from there.

Found this guy sitting along the Colorado River in Glennwood Canyon, not sure where he was off to but thought his cargo was worth a quick cell shot.

[Linked Image]

Managed to keep about a 750 mile a day adverage going so I stopped for a break just outside Slum-n-Reneville TN. In the LBL.
Dumped the bike off the RV and rode around them there hills.

[Linked Image]

Slept on the shores of Lake Kentucky for a couple nights then blasted off for the last 750 mile run to my winter grounds along coastal Florida.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Been sitting right here thumbing through far too many trail- cam images.
You know how many captures you get with 12 camera sitting out for over a month? It's thousands!
I'm sure I'll scan right by the best of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we were in corolla north carolina all week. outer banks are nice this time of year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we were in corolla north carolina all week. outer banks are nice this time of year.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You guys look to be having lots of fun and activities! smile

Been welded to a tractor seat for awhile now.

Laying in the upcoming winter's cattle hay.

And shredding (bushogging). LOTS of it.

In the late summer I have circuit of ranches that I shred for clients. Pretty much on the last leg of that now, but still have a couple of ranches that will take some time yet. They like to get the places shredded before fall, and especially before deer season.

Still have some winter crops and plots to put in. Not anywhere near caught up...

Things get a little slower in a while, so maybe I can get some hog hunting in, as the weather cools. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The weather cooled off a bit here in North Georgia, so I fired up the splitter and started feeding rounds into it. White Oak, Red Oak and Hickory. This is next year's wood.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Slight distraction thread...

Last Sunday I fixed fence for 3-4 hours and took the afternoon off.

Monday and Tuesday was moving cows on BLM.

Wednesday-Friday was swathing hay.

Saturday and Sunday was easy, bale hay in the morning and dink off in the afternoon.

The weather couldn't be nicer.

What you guys having going on?

Extra points for pics.

Same as the previous three weeks, slept 14-15 hours each day.

But today I went back to work and am pretty sure someone kicked the living Christ out of me. There was one bright spot when the big boss drove slowly by the job inspecting our progress, stuck out his thumb and yelled "looking good James"...so I yelled back "it's just genetics".
He pulled his head inside the vehicle and was talking to himself as he drove away.

I felt pretty good about our moment.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
Broke camp in Montana after 4 months of terrorizing the greater North West and headed south.

Stopped near Dillon on my way outta Montana and reeled in a dozen game-cams I'd had set out for about a month.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GPS is great for remembering the general location of where all the cameras were but once my hound figured out what I was doing, he did the fine tuning on location, but he was along when I set them out so he was cheating...sorta. damn camo paint on those things make it difficult for me, not the dog. He'd run a couple hundred feet ahead and be jumping in the correct tree long before I'd get there.

He earns his ribeyes.

Loaded up and barrelazzed south from there.

Found this guy sitting along the Colorado River in Glennwood Canyon, not sure where he was off to but thought his cargo was worth a quick cell shot.

[Linked Image]

Managed to keep about a 750 mile a day adverage going so I stopped for a break just outside Slum-n-Reneville TN. In the LBL.
Dumped the bike off the RV and rode around them there hills.

[Linked Image]

Slept on the shores of Lake Kentucky for a couple nights then blasted off for the last 750 mile run to my winter grounds along coastal Florida.

Been sitting right here thumbing through far too many trail- cam images.
You know how many captures you get with 12 camera sitting out for over a month? It's thousands!
I'm sure I'll scan right by the best of them.

Cool VW's.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fishing, working, more fishing, more working, then some more fishing. Then I spent the weekend fishing, smoking some fish and building and painting a pantry closet for my wife.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Reasonably normal and enjoyable week of work. Sat AM I confirmed final loads for 2 rifles then cleaned them and loaded up 50 for each. Sunday I took the dog for a ride. We stopped and I shot a few rocks confirming come-ups on 3 rifles. Then doggie and I took a walk and nabbed a limit of Sharptailed Grouse. Only thing missing was a cooperative coyote. I saw 2 but one got into the corn quick and the other into some cattails, they's skittish.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good Scott!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damned beaver dammed the culvert, into our 80 acres at the back of the house.

2 hours on the backhoe to dig that stinkin mud & grass out.

2hrs & 3 beers later, double tapped a booner !

Still at least 3 more there.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spent the weekend packing elk. I shot this guy Friday evening. Then a buddy shot a 6x6 the next Saturday. I'm almost glad to be back at work just to rest up!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice, every Bull with a bow is a dandy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks good.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tuesday, motocross day at Glen Helen Raceway, ended up with 2 flats. Wednesday went to the museum work shop where we are restoring a 69 Chevy Suburban ambulance. Mickey Moused a lower radiator hose in place for a test run. Mounted the oil filter adaptor on the block. Put the generator and PS belt on. Thursday, cleaned the bike from Tuesday and mounted new tires and tubes. Friday, went to Lake Elsinore Motocross track and crashed my friggin' brains out. Urgent care an hour later. Nothing broke on me, I just feel like I took about 20 body shots from Mike Tyson. About $400 damage to the bike. I'll try to get some pics of the ambulance we're working on. It's frustrating and fun working on a movie star car.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It looks like we are all living the lives we chose and worked for. Congratulations men.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Found this guy Friday night. My brother and my 11 year old helped pack him out the next day. God I love this time of year. 😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fantastic. Congrats.

There, now you gone and done it. Going to go to his head, thinking he's so COOL because he does this every single Fall without fail - year after year - all public landish fair chase turning down long shots for weeks and stuff.... Kidding of course. A better young man you'd be hard pressed to meet.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Broke the truck. Twice. Fixed recoil and electric starters on the Rancher. Mowed the grass for last time- much of it was frozen yet at 5 pm yesterday, Prepped the yard in other ways for winter. Took camper off truck- working on fixing a couple "broke" problems on it too..

Mostly carried the Dachshund around- and for the next week or so. - idiot doesn't know he had his balls off 3 days ago, and wants to hunt, run, play, jump up and down from sofas and stairs, etc. Dogs are tough - I'm still cringing from HIS operation. smile

Now if I can spotlight and kill that damned porky that's wrecking my raspberries, it will make my week.

Last edited by las; 09/27/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Damned beaver dammed the culvert, into our 80 acres at the back of the house.

2 hours on the backhoe to dig that stinkin mud & grass out.

2hrs & 3 beers later, double tapped a booner !

Still at least 3 more there.

Whats the criteria for a beaver to make B&C? smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
171 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 14 invisible), 1,472 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.