T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by las
Internationally....

Take our "President".

Please.

We will throw in his henchmen , accomplices, ands Chinese financiers as well.

Oh, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!

Sorry mate, but we have enough dickhead politicians and others. Importing more is counter productive. Dangerous Dan the Emperor of Victoria likes the Chinese, and was hugely offended when our Prime Minister told him the Chinese "Belt and Road Initiative" was a non starter.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The strategy so far seems to be wiping out our kids futures to save a few% of old folk. Over a disease that even full transmission has less chance of killing a westerner than obesity. About 2 billion folks in the world exist in a full transmission environment - no power or house plumbing means they commune publicly for food, to draw water or even take a dump. This thing should have killed 20-60 million of them the first year and almost 100 million now. To date its barely beating TB for global deaths.

I dont try to convince the average suburban drone anymore on math even a 7th grader should understand. People exchanged their brains for smartphones about 10 years ago and are obviously happy with the deal. One thing we can all agree on is economic damage. Governments keep talking recoveries but you dont get to just shut down economies for a year or two without paying a tax and inflation bill for a generation or two . Its how it works.

I work in international logistics and an example is freighting a sea container between two countries went from $600 to $6000 in just 18 months. Thats 1000% .Raw materials prices are also climbing fast. . These costs will be passed on to consumers soon . If you are paying off loans or your kids are, be quick.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
World Scale Silliness.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Our politicians don't care about long term financial issues because they have a guaranteeed pension and perks for their retirement - no future politician will ever change that.

If the party is changed at the next election, then that just opens up a blame game that they all play along with to try and make themselves look good.

Was it Sweden or Denmark that did a holistic assessment of the strategy of how to address covid and were/are criticized for it due to lack of heavy lockdowns?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The reaction seems way out of proportion to the threat. It's like no death is acceptable if it's Covid, yet we routinely accept a thousand or more road deaths as a consequence of our road use. A double standard, holier than thou attitude by Rulers/officials who pretend to care for our welfare.....never mind the toll of suicide rate, failing businesses, lost incomes, education, diminished opportunities, etc....

Last edited by DBT; 09/18/21.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT
The reaction seems way out of proportion to the threat. It's like no death is acceptable if it's Covid, yet we routinely accept a thousand or more road deaths as a consequence of our road use. A double standard, holier than thou attitude by Rulers/officials who pretend to care for our welfare.....never mind the toll of suicide rate, failing businesses, lost incomes, education, diminished opportunities, etc....

Seems reasonable to surmise that there is more afoot here.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by DBT

Seems reasonable to surmise that there is more afoot here.

Or pandering to what they interpret as being good for the bulk of the flock and keeping their popularity up. Some time ago last year there was a survey of what QLDers thought of Anna's approach with her border closures, and a majority approved. Not sure how good a survey this was but maybe we do have a lot of djckheads up here.

Either way, it shows that the politicians don't give a rats arse about the future state of affairs of their country even though this is their job. Doesn't affect their pension though - good for them.

Well?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Or pandering to what they interpret as being good for the bulk of the flock and keeping their popularity up. Some time ago last year there was a survey of what QLDers thought of Anna's approach with her border closures, and a majority approved. Not sure how good a survey this was but maybe we do have a lot of djckheads up here.

Either way, it shows that the politicians don't give a rats arse about the future state of affairs of their country even though this is their job. Doesn't affect their pension though - good for them.

At this point I just accept it as a given that politicians are popularist whores who care not one whit for anything but their own advancement.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

From this Americans view point Australia has done a fairly good job mitigating the spread of Covid-19. Suppose I am curious how opinion varies throughout Australia, What has been done well & what would you do different?

For one reason or another your results of inhibiting the spread seems to be admirable from the outside looking in. Do the Australian people feel they are doing to much or to little for the most part. please share what you feel is working well in terms of slowing the spread of covid 19 in Australia.

The unfortunate truth is that flattening the curve, even to near zero, does not remove any people from thee curve. It does not prevent infection - it delays it. Anybody that can critically read a graph can see that case rates go up sooner in places with no restrictions, but those restricted areas eventually follow the same trend. That's why Florida and Texas spiked early and California, New York and Illinois spiked later.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

The unfortunate truth is that flattening the curve, even to near zero, does not remove any people from thee curve. It does not prevent infection - it delays it. Anybody that can critically read a graph can see that case rates go up sooner in places with no restrictions, but those restricted areas eventually follow the same trend. That's why Florida and Texas spiked early and California, New York and Illinois spiked later.

We are aware of that...but 2000 people won't fit in our local hospital at the same time.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Hunterapp]

. Anybody that can critically read a graph can see that case rates go up sooner in places with no restrictions, but those restricted areas eventually follow the same trend. That's why Florida and Texas spiked early and California, New York and Illinois spiked later.

anyone that can read a graph would see no correlation between restrictions to infections to deaths anywhere in the world. Most of the 3rd world achieved limited restrictions, being as I mentioned they either cant, or massive swatches of their populations dont listen to their governments anyway. If Covid was doing what it was supposed to do we should have 100 million bodies by now. What do we have? Barely more deaths than global diaorhea and Tuberculosis.

There is no correlation even in the 1st world and their vastly different restriction tactics. The fact it hits America and just some 1st world countries hard leads me to believe the viruses special skill is it can smell money. It apparently likes US dollars , british pounds and possibly talian cooking the most.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great observation. The fact millions of our crowded cities with millions go homeless living in unsanitary conditions with severe health issues suffered no surge in cases, or third world countries suffered no huge uptick in deaths says it al

Originally Posted by 158XTP
[quote=Hunterapp]

. Anybody that can critically read a graph can see that case rates go up sooner in places with no restrictions, but those restricted areas eventually follow the same trend. That's why Florida and Texas spiked early and California, New York and Illinois spiked later.

anyone that can read a graph would see no correlation between restrictions to infections to deaths anywhere in the world. Most of the 3rd world achieved limited restrictions, being as I mentioned they either cant, or massive swatches of their populations dont listen to their governments anyway. If Covid was doing what it was supposed to do we should have 100 million bodies by now. What do we have? Barely more deaths than global diaorhea and Tuberculosis.

There is no correlation even in the 1st world and their vastly different restriction tactics. The fact it hits America and just some 1st world countries hard leads me to believe the viruses special skill is it can smell money. It apparently likes US dollars , british pounds and possibly talian cooking the most.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Great observation. The fact millions of our crowded cities with millions go homeless living in unsanitary conditions with severe health issues suffered no surge in cases, or third world countries suffered no huge uptick in deaths says it al

I think there is another explanation .. consider this and tell me what you think:

Most of the people who die in the use have serious comorbidity factors, agreed? Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure .. etc. Most employed, reasonably affluent people in the US have access to medical insurance, medications, etc. In other words, their conditions, which become the underlying conditions for COVID deaths, are treated / managed fairly effectively. However, the homeless lack treatment for those conditions. Those inclined to die from the conditions already have done so. In other words, the still-living homeless population does not have the comorbidity factors the rest of the population has to any significant degree thus they are less susceptible to death from COVID.

Just my best guess at the moment. It's the only explanation that I can come up with that makes medical sense and doesn't require buying into any weird ass conspiracy theories.

I can't otherwise see how they do all the things wrong that they are indeed doing without dying because COVID is real and is potentially deadly. The only other rational alternative is that COVID death among the homeless is simply grossly under-reported.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm not sure the statistics are all there or properly represented, or rather the age demographics across the rich/poor spectrum. It sounds like otherwise that someone would be better off homeless in the streets rather than in a nursing home as far as the risk of dying of covid is concerned.

Well?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by ribka

I think there is another explanation .. consider this and tell me what you think:

Most of the people who die in the use have serious comorbidity factors, agreed? Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure .. etc. Most employed, reasonably affluent people in the US have access to medical insurance, medications, etc. In other words, their conditions, which become the underlying conditions for COVID deaths, are treated / managed fairly effectively. However, the homeless lack treatment for those conditions. Those inclined to die from the conditions already have done so. In other words, the still-living homeless population does not have the comorbidity factors the rest of the population has to any significant degree thus they are less susceptible to death from COVID.

Just my best guess at the moment. It's the only explanation that I can come up with that makes medical sense and doesn't require buying into any weird ass conspiracy theories.

I can't otherwise see how they do all the things wrong that they are indeed doing without dying because COVID is real and is potentially deadly. The only other rational alternative is that COVID death among the homeless is simply grossly under-reported.

Tom

I think there is a lot of truth in that. Something similar in principle .... if 100 men age 65 who have never smoked and 100 men age 65 who have smoked all their life and both groups do not have any cardiovascular issues. after 5 years angina, heart attacks and strokes are far more common in the non smoker group. Reason being the smokers who were predisposed to cardiovascular problems had them before they were 65, not so the no smokers.

Also the transmission of the virus is far less outdoors.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure the statistics are all there or properly represented, or rather the age demographics across the rich/poor spectrum. It sounds like otherwise that someone would be better off homeless in the streets rather than in a nursing home as far as the risk of dying of covid is concerned.

They tried a lot of excuses to explain why 70% of homo sapiens, being those below the poverty line, in the most cramped conditions and we are talking up to 8 families per 1/4 acre( show me how to distance there...) seemed barely effected.

Better immunities of poor folk was one excuse: about the most illogical comment since why do Africa, India, South America, and asia have the most endemic illnesses and outbreaks if they have better immunity... Not to mention, for 1st worlders who have never gone without good food , being half starved and drinking water polluted with faecal matter , doesnt exactlly help your immunity, it shoots it to peices.

Then there was cold climate vs hot climate- disproved as soon as anyone with an 8th grade level of geography considers the seasons rotated around, and also a lot of the 3rd world, gets damned cold.

Then it was 'poor reporting in the 3rd world govermments'- true. But there are also several thousand reporting centres, UN, WHO, western managed hospitals, NGO's, international observers, teaching hospitals and disaster relief camps all through the 2nd and 3rd world, who report things pretty accurately. Especially since 100,000 sick people can wipe out their resources in about 48 hours. Now the data is in, no single reporting region including those with no lockdowns or restrictions has come close to 3% or even .5% kill rate.

then we have india with its 3000 a day death toll, meanwhile India loses 27,000 a day to other causes. They lose 1400 just to poor kidney treatments. Maybe we need to stop the world next to help Indians take a leak ?

A supervirus that cant hit full projections in any region, climate, life expectancy group, DNA group, immunity level, restricted or full transmission area in the whole world in two years and a million excuses why.

I have never seen a pandemic need so much understanding and patience because it cant perform . Its like the erectile disfunction of viruses. laugh

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, not all that lethal but did cause hospital overload in places that got caught out by it. Delta is no more lethal but more transmissible. Things could change though I suppose.

Our homegrown Hendra virus was a stud in comparison - 57% lethality but very hard to catch.

There is something about increased immunity due to exposure to some gastro style bugs. I had a couple of Malaysian mates who used to go back to Kuala Lumpar every year. They were born there and were used to drinking the water without ill effect, but when ever they went back they got the chronic shits for the first few days until they got used to the water again. They preferred the shits routine rather than try and not drink the water (crazy mother fuckers)

Well?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's weird how ithe Chinese covid virus seems more lethal in first world white European countries with superioir healthcare and living conditions.

Originally Posted by 158XTP

They tried a lot of excuses to explain why 70% of homo sapiens, being those below the poverty line, in the most cramped conditions and we are talking up to 8 families per 1/4 acre( show me how to distance there...) seemed barely effected.

Better immunities of poor folk was one excuse: about the most illogical comment since why do Africa, India, South America, and asia have the most endemic illnesses and outbreaks if they have better immunity... Not to mention, for 1st worlders who have never gone without good food , being half starved and drinking water polluted with faecal matter , doesnt exactlly help your immunity, it shoots it to peices.

Then there was cold climate vs hot climate- disproved as soon as anyone with an 8th grade level of geography considers the seasons rotated around, and also a lot of the 3rd world, gets damned cold.

Then it was 'poor reporting in the 3rd world govermments'- true. But there are also several thousand reporting centres, UN, WHO, western managed hospitals, NGO's, international observers, teaching hospitals and disaster relief camps all through the 2nd and 3rd world, who report things pretty accurately. Especially since 100,000 sick people can wipe out their resources in about 48 hours. Now the data is in, no single reporting region including those with no lockdowns or restrictions has come close to 3% or even .5% kill rate.

then we have india with its 3000 a day death toll, meanwhile India loses 27,000 a day to other causes. They lose 1400 just to poor kidney treatments. Maybe we need to stop the world next to help Indians take a leak ?

A supervirus that cant hit full projections in any region, climate, life expectancy group, DNA group, immunity level, restricted or full transmission area in the whole world in two years and a million excuses why.

I have never seen a pandemic need so much understanding and patience because it cant perform . Its like the erectile disfunction of viruses. laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Boy the facism runs deep in Australia

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Already posted in the Hunters Campfire forum - Dr Kerry Chant, Chief Health Officer for NSW, is a fruitcake.

Well?
Page 3 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 105 106

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (1973cb450, 808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.