Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
There are a lot of bubbas in prison. There will be many in hell.

Only if they don't ask the Lord for forgiveness and become believers in their hearts

Only two can see into a heart

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
In a word, forever.

μολὼν λαβέ
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Salvation??It is so easy that you do not need to quote a multitude of passages from the Bible.You either believe Christ is your Savior or you don`t.Its like a bunch of old hens here, clucking over trivial matters.Blah,blah,blah,yada,yada,yada.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The book of James is aimed at telling believers to do good works to make their beliefs come alive. It's for believers, not for telling non-believers that they can be saved by works. It's often misinterpreted that way.
You don't think James the brother of Jesus might have written that to straighten out the hogwash that Paul was spewing? And then Jesus praised the church at Ephesus for expelling Paul. Then Paul bemoans his expulsion in his letter to Timothy thus verifying Jesus' message in Revelation 2.

Wide is the gate and broad is the road. If something seems too easy it might be a lie. Especially when a dissatisfied deck hand starts countermanding the ship captains orders.

Last edited by Hastings; 09/27/21. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
The book of James is aimed at telling believers to do good works to make their beliefs come alive. It's for believers, not for telling non-believers that they can be saved by works. It's often misinterpreted that way.
You don't think James the brother of Jesus might have written that to straighten out the hogwash that Paul was spewing? And then Jesus praised the church at Ephesus for expelling Paul. Then Paul bemoans his expulsion in his letter to Timothy thus verifying Jesus' message in Revelation 2.

Wide is the gate and broad is the road. If something seems too easy it might be a lie. Especially when a dissatisfied deck hand starts countermanding the ship captains orders.
Huh? Jesus was long gone before there was a church in Ephesis. Paul founded it. He started in the local synagog which had been there for centuries and he started preaching Jesus. He got a great response. Paul was hand picked by Jesus to spread the word to the Gentiles. Are you naive enough to think that Jesus wouldn't know what Paul would turn out to be? He picked Paul for a reason and Paul did Jesus's bidding. He taught the truth as taught to him by the Lord and many don't like to hear the truth.

The so called expulsion was years later when the church was back sliding. The false teachers, the gnostics, were getting the upper hand and turning the church away from Jesus. So no, James wasn't preaching against Paul. He was preaching to those who were trying to slide along in their salvation without working to better the church.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

Huh? Jesus was long gone before there was a church in Ephesis. Paul founded it. He started in the local synagog which had been there for centuries and he started preaching Jesus. He got a great response. Paul was hand picked by Jesus to spread the word to the Gentiles. Are you naive enough to think that Jesus wouldn't know what Paul would turn out to be? He picked Paul for a reason and Paul did Jesus's bidding. He taught the truth as taught to him by the Lord and many don't like to hear the truth.

The so called expulsion was years later when the church was back sliding. The false teachers, the gnostics, were getting the upper hand and turning the church away from Jesus. So no, James wasn't preaching against Paul. He was preaching to those who were trying to slide along in their salvation without working to better the church.

It is sort of strange that Paul's instructions and calling from Jesus was not public and Jesus forgot to tell us he was sending someone to amend his teachings. Paul seems a nut case. Don't swallow a camel while trying to reconcile Paul and Jesus.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paul didn't amend anything Jesus taught. Jesus preached to the Jews who were under the law. He sent Paul to the Gentiles who were not under the law. The basic message of salvation by faith is the same but the approach is very different.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
''There is no coming to consciousness without pain'' said Carl Jung. A false belief such as taught by Paul can be awfully hard to turn loose of. I know, I had to after examining him vs. Jesus. It is sort of like but way worse than having to admit you have made a bad investment. I've had to admit that occasionally also.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It seems that some of you hold to works and laws as a way of being more holy, acceptable, righteous.

Do you imagine that you will stand before God and give a glowing account of those good things that you have done? What if you do 49 of 50 things but miss that last one?

If the salvation of Mankind required Christ’s death that would be considered the greatest price to accomplish that salvation. If that greatest price is what accomplished the gift of Life through Christ how in the world will your miserable world keep you saved, in fellowship, from backsliding?

Salvation is from outside us to us. Not within us. It is a free gift. If we rely on our actions to keep us where we need to be we might as well live like there is no tomorrow because we are already in hell. No man can make the cut.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
K22.

Have you read much C S Lewis? I find him to be pretty much on target. None of the superstitious hyper spiritual junk with him.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Surely only God knows, but I'm a simple man.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by K22
This seems very appropriate in this thread...............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I think it fits very well in to what our society has come to due to this virus and the fear of it too.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by IZH27
K22.

Have you read much C S Lewis? I find him to be pretty much on target. None of the superstitious hyper spiritual junk with him.

Yes I have. The whole family has read all of his writings.
Many times we read about someone saying something or writing something that is quite profound and futuristic, so I often ask myself, who was this person..........really.
The answer for me...............more than likely one of the Majestic 12.

“These will not fight, I think.”
“and I don't think we can do anything for him. It only makes him worse if you try to be nice to him.”

“Too much magic about here.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by K22

I think it fits very well in to what our society has come to due to this virus and the fear of it too.

Except now, its not peoples fear keeping them home from work, its satans minion in the WH and satans Faukki and satans CDC firing them for not taking the vipers venom.

Should they then just take the vax and maybe die and go to heaven, depending on His saying the vipers bite will not harm them, referring to their salvation?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by K22

Except now, its not peoples fear keeping them home from work, its satans minion in the WH and satans Faukki and satans CDC firing them for not taking the vipers venom.

Should they then just take the vax and maybe die and go to heaven, depending on His saying the vipers bite will not harm them, referring to their salvation?

Fear is what is keeping people at home. Fear of being arrested, fear of the mandates, ect.

Do you go to Heaven if you take the "Mark" ?

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by K22

Unfortunately, Lewis didn't write that. It's a badly twisted excerpt from the Screwtape Letters. He never wrote anything titled 'An Old Devils Letters to the Young'.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
Salvation??It is so easy that you do not need to quote a multitude of passages from the Bible.You either believe Christ is your Savior or you don`t.Its like a bunch of old hens here, clucking over trivial matters.Blah,blah,blah,yada,yada,yada.

There is nothing "trivial" about ANY part of the Word of God.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from thegatewaypundit.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Salvation is a process, not a one-time event. Salvation is in degrees, not necessarily all-or-nothing. We will each receive our reward according to our merits. Some will get more than others.
https://apologeticessay.wordpress.c...tion-its-a-process-not-a-one-time-event/

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.