Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The youngest of four very bright, talented and loving sisters, Andrea Sue has been a joy to us and, it seems, to all who are part of her life. By the time of first talking and walking, she proved to be a brilliant, strong and independent little girl. At age 5 and after a few days of Kindergarten she calmly stated that she was not going back to that – and gave a few solid reasons. She was correct in her analysis and decision. That led to home schooling (a daunting bureaucratic challenge for parents in the mid 1970s) and she accomplished rather astounding educational advancement – which soon brought two of her other sisters into the “school”

In that school, most PE consisted of swimming, playing various sports with her sisters and parents, and helping with tasks at home. Andrea became an excellent swimmer, tough competitor in sports and insightful in home projects. She also became a very fine pianist and oboe player, performed at recitals and played in the Seattle Youth Symphony. All the while, she and her sisters have been extremely close and loving one with another. The older sisters have been a huge benefit for this youngest one, a fact well known to Andrea.

Having skipped grades when eventually going into public schooling, she graduated from HS when barely age 16 after taking all of the most challenging courses offered. Beyond carrying that top GPA, she was named by the State of Washington as one of the two (one boy, one girl) annual recipients of the foremost recognition – the Washington State Scholar Award. This provided a full ride – funds for all tuition, room and board, any fees plus a stipend for four years at any university in Washington.

At the award dinner with the governor and top legislators and, in the highlight moment where the recipient announces the “choice” of university (so the alums can hoot and holler), Andrea calmly and quietly stated that she had chosen to forego the financial benefits in WA in order to pursue her studies at an excellent Christian college. Same kid as at age 5.

For her bachelors degree she studied math and physics, graduated summa cum laude, and then earned a university Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering at age 22. Hired immediately, she became expert with heart pacing devices, which included conducting studies leading to FDA approval of such products. Later she devoted her research skills in related medical fields – and some of that work took her to interesting places abroad. Sisters and parents alike were not at all surprised – but deeply respectful of her accomplishments.

Andrea met Brian Hanson while an engineering student and, after initially building careers, they married – quite a BIG deal. Given our knowledge of Andrea, our family knew that Brian had to be a very special man. He has been exactly that.

After a while, Andrea ended her employment to have children and a family with Brian. They have loved and raised Joshua and Elizabeth – Joshua is a freshman in university and Elizabeth is a junior in HS. They are a beautiful family – the kids are top students and excellent athletes – and both have studied music. Brian has a very successful business. Beyond that and her 20 years as a Jazzercise teacher, Andrea has unceasingly and lovingly given major support for her community, friends, neighbors and the schooling for her children. She is deeply loved and appreciated by many people.

The four sisters have remained extremely close – most years they have created a long “sisters’ weekend” for focused time together, for whatever girls talk about and do, and for exercise of mutual love and support. Mom and dad see that as simply precious.

Just before her 50th birthday, Andrea underwent her first colonoscopy. Serious colon cancer was detected. During the past 2.5 years she elected to undergo several surgeries and some differing series of chemotherapy treatments. Any who have lived through such situations with friends or loved ones will understand the traumatic rigors and effects.

Andrea’s very disciplined commitment has been to do everything possible to be strong and fully active for her beautiful family for as long as possible. The ever loving sisters and their families, along with mom and dad, have tried to be helpmates and strongest possible supporters for our girl and her family. Brian has been a magnificent husband and person throughout this journey.

Our daughter made a life based on strong principles regarding character, behavior and development of her talents. She practiced unselfish service and loving kindness to others. Andrea Sue (Walker) Hanson said goodbye to us here on earth and went to be with her Lord on September 23, 2021.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Saddens to hear that, Prayer offered.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My condolences to you and your family. Prayers sent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So sorry Paul.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Condolences

The original Frito Bandito!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sad to hear that a tuff woman has died.

Prayers sent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul, Sorry for your loss. May your sister rest in peace.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sorry for your loss,
God's peace

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The pain of your loss must be immense but the life she led has to give you comfort. She was an amazing person that burned bright in her time on earth.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sorry.

Good luck to her family.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Amazing story. Amazing life. Amazing person. Now in an amazing eternity.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to see this. Reading that bio she was very obviously an exceptional person.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your loss.

Yup.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Prayers sent for you and your family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a very tough loss, Paul. My condolences to you and your entire family.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Very sorry for your loss.

And God damn cancer.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sorry to hear.

everyone: GET YOUR COLONOSCOPY!!

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very dorry to hear, Paul. Sincere condolences.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deepest sympathy.....gods peace for the family.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

590 members (257 mag, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 260Remguy, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,292
Posts18,448,967
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.