Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
barm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any word on Ruger’s progress on making Marlin rifles?

BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Looks like still planning on shipping starting in the 4th quarter of the year. Starting with 1894, 1895, and 336

https://sgbonline.com/inside-the-ca...owth-price-increases-and-marlin-rollout/

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If they would make some model 39's......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

barm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KenMi
Looks like still planning on shipping starting in the 4th quarter of the year. Starting with 1894, 1895, and 336

https://sgbonline.com/inside-the-ca...owth-price-increases-and-marlin-rollout/

Thanks for the link. Here is the part on Marlin for those who want to read it:

The CEO also said it looked forward to returning Marlin lever-action rifles, shown lead photo, which it plans to ship in the fourth quarter. Sturm, Ruger & Co. acquired the Marlin assets from Remington Outdoor Company in a $30 million deal that closed in November 2020 and was approved through bankruptcy proceedings.

“It will be a limited offering,” Killoy shared. “Initially, we’ll start with the model 1895, 1894 and the 336. Certainly not every model and SKU that our customers are looking for. It will take us a while to bring all of Marlin back to its full glory, but we’re excited about it. And, again, the focus is on those centerfire lever action SKUs in the beginning. The team has been doing a great job on that.” He said the company has been “delighted with the overwhelming interest and support received from Marlin fans.”

Killoy said that it is looking at the Marlin business almost as a new products business due to the amount of work that went into re-starting production.

“They were around for a long time in their former lives, but they’re certainly brand new to Ruger, and the amount of effort going into that is, frankly, a little staggering,” Killoy said. “The team has been doing a fantastic job when you think about standing up the supply chain, going through part by part, making sure every machine is up to speed—lots of work needed to be done. On a previous call, you may have heard me; we talked about over 100 tractor-trailer loads of machinery equipment, work in process, and parts coming our way. It’s been a big task, and a big undertaking down in Mayodan.”

Killoy said the brand was starting from scratch. “We got some machinery, some work in process, some raw materials, some parts, but we needed to stand up that line down in our facility in Mayodan, NC,” he detailed. “We’re working through that process. The guns we will be making in shipping in the fourth quarter will be parts and materials that we’ve made in the line, not things that we inherited or picked up in the sale. We’re excited about it. It’s been going great. We’ve got a great team in Mayodan. And, frankly, what’s been exciting for me is watching the level of effort expended by our other factories in Newport and Prescott, AZ, helping with the launch in Mayodan. We’ve got teams of engineers in those facilities working on small parts, working on wood stocks, things like that, and all of that’s going to combine to a great relaunch of Marlin in the fourth quarter.”

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
glad they moved production to the gun friendly South

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The plant is here in NC and I see they are actively hiring. I plan to buy an 1894 in 44 Mag just because I've always wanted one and I love Ruger guns. Guess it'll be a called a Ruglin lol. I'll bet anything they'll be MUCH better than any Remlin ever was!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sure hope Ruger ditches the micro-groove rifling BS

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
If they would make some model 39's......

Yep. I’d buy one.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BB3 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonder how much...

"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean."

-Sir Isaac Newton
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wonder if they will keep the Marlin turtle twist rates

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I really like Ruger's efforts and portfolio, I own 3 stainless laminate Hawkeye and love them. Although, I have to admit that the Ruger American is one of the crappiest feeling guns I've ever handled. I have a Ruger American Ranch in .300BO that takes the P-mags and has a threaded barrel. Great suppressed pig gun, but man it feels like crap.

I'm really excited to see what Ruger does with the Marlin line. I think there's a lot of potential. I regularly use a JM stamped 1894 stainless in .44mag for shooting hogs. One of the easiest carrying and fastest deploying guns I own, with 10 rounds in the tube mag. I highly recommend a Skinner peep site with the aperture removed and used as a ghost ring. (BTW, Skinner makes an aperture holder that slides into the original site dovetail, so you have every option on-board.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remington tried to make the old Marlin machinery work for them but ended up re-tooling. What Ruger picked up in the sale should be in pretty good shape. Hopefully, they won’t rush to market before they get it right.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Missed two beavers out beyond 60 yds the other day with the 12 gauge. I've no small game gun except for an sp101.

I'll be the first to get a ruger-marlin 357 mag carbine, when they come out......

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 09/26/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am happy that marlin is still a American owned company

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I definitely believe that in time Ruger will bring the name back to what it was! May be some problems at first, but they'll get it right! I'd like to see a 336a type rifle, 24"Bbl, Half Mag, for sure in 35 Rem, or even a close relative, like 356 Win even better along with a few others. The Lever world could sure use some old time variety!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Missed two beavers out beyond 60 yds the other day with the 12 gauge. I've no small game gun except for an sp101.

I'll be the first to get a ruger-marlin 357 mag carbine, when they come out......

Get a Rossi instead. It’s cheaper and a far better and stronger action than the Marlin.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I dunno. I had 2 Rossi 92s (357 and 45 Colt) and they both had feed and extraction issues. I had a Rossi pump 22 that had extraction problems, as well. I'd be hard pressed to recommend one over an older JM Marlin.

Same with the Henry Big Boy. I have a BBS carbine in 327 Fed, and while very accurate, it is not the best feeding lever I've owned by a long shot. Overall, I like it, but would not call it worth the new sticker price.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by zcm82
I dunno. I had 2 Rossi 92s (357 and 45 Colt) and they both had feed and extraction issues. I had a Rossi pump 22 that had extraction problems, as well. I'd be hard pressed to recommend one over an older JM Marlin.

Same with the Henry Big Boy. I have a BBS carbine in 327 Fed, and while very accurate, it is not the best feeding lever I've owned by a long shot. Overall, I like it, but would not call it worth the new sticker price.

The feeding and extraction issues on the Rossi’s are an easy fix. The ejector spring they use is too strong. It puts tension on the shell and raises the nose enough to cause feeding issues. Replace it with just about anything, I replaced mine with a spring from a ball point pen for awhile and it works like butter. I eventually ordered one made for a Winchester 92 and it works fine. Truth be known the one from the pen worked better. It dumped the empties right at my feet.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I got rid of all 3 of the Rossis years ago. Most of the time if I get something NIB and it doesn't perform how it's supposed to, I move onto something else.

I had an original Win 92 in 38-40 for a while and it wasn't the smoothest feeding thing in the world, either. Never any extractor problems with that one, though, just a bit hiccupy picking up off the elevator sometimes.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You’ll never get Marlin lock with a Rossi.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
312 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,822
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.