Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 6 105 106
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Yeah, not all that lethal but did cause hospital overload in places that got caught out by it. Delta is no more lethal but more transmissible. Things could change though I suppose.

Our homegrown Hendra virus was a stud in comparison - 57% lethality but very hard to catch.

There is something about increased immunity due to exposure to some gastro style bugs. I had a couple of Malaysian mates who used to go back to Kuala Lumpar every year. They were born there and were used to drinking the water without ill effect, but when ever they went back they got the chronic shits for the first few days until they got used to the water again. They preferred the shits routine rather than try and not drink the water (crazy mother fuckers)

gastro illnesses are actually big killers in those countries. The idea 3rd worlders have some special defence to disease is heavily outweighed their high density living, low nutrition, high wormloads and lack of medical services. Its why they die more often, from more things than us.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm getting a bit tired of Australians rubbishing our leaders on a US based forum. You mob are entitled to your opinions but if you want to impress the other people on this forum by bashing our country, I'd suggest you keep it in your pants.
This is, by the way supposed to be a Firearms forum, and if you don't like what our government is doing, how about you complain to them rather than airing your opinions here. Sure there have been mistakes made, but this virus is a new one for all of us. If you decided a vaccine wasn't for you then don't complain when you get Covid and can't breath any more. But if you want to be critical of how the Government, both State and Federal are handling it, write them a letter.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
I'm getting a bit tired of Australians rubbishing our leaders on a US based forum. You mob are entitled to your opinions but if you want to impress the other people on this forum by bashing our country, I'd suggest you keep it in your pants.
This is, by the way supposed to be a Firearms forum, and if you don't like what our government is doing, how about you complain to them rather than airing your opinions here. Sure there have been mistakes made, but this virus is a new one for all of us. If you decided a vaccine wasn't for you then don't complain when you get Covid and can't breath any more. But if you want to be critical of how the Government, both State and Federal are handling it, write them a letter.

It's a public forum and the talk commonly goes beyond firearms.

I think you'll find that we bash you guys because you bash us first and you guys always seem to be getting our facts wrong but won't listen to the truth we provide.

Anybody complaining to a government is pissing in the wind - elections are supposed to be the best way out but that doesn't always work. Seems to be a common theme around the world.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

But Hunters Campfire is by far and away the most active site on 24 Hour. The rest are not even close.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[b][/b]

censoring a free exchange of ideas?

Last edited by ribka; 09/30/21.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm not censoring anything, but Australia has done extremely well as far as managing this virus. If criticism is required, how about you level it at the bloody Chinese, that's where it came from. Even Donald Trump referred to it as the Chinese virus. Nobody can deny that people have lost money and business has suffered with this, but governments throughout the world have had to deal with something that was basically unknown territory. Bashing politicians is fair enough, it's a national pastime, but I believe we have a pretty good leader in Morrison, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm Australian by the way, and off topic, we're getting some Nuclear subs from the USA, and I'm happy about that.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm not censoring anything, but Australia has done extremely well as far as managing this virus. If criticism is required, how about you level it at the bloody Chinese, that's where it came from. Even Donald Trump referred to it as the Chinese virus. Nobody can deny that people have lost money and business has suffered with this, but governments throughout the world have had to deal with something that was basically unknown territory. Bashing politicians is fair enough, it's a national pastime, but I believe we have a pretty good leader in Morrison, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

(Didn't realise that you are aussie.)

Debatable over the success of the shutdowns - covid deaths are not the only factor. Even with vaccinations, it may just be delaying the inevitable except with the additional expense of economic damage (as a country and at individual levels, although not uniform across the board) and consequential deaths from other means. The intention was initially to put the brakes on to avoid hospital overload and try and save as many as possible but otherwise cop the deaths - it's still a highly survivable disease. I think survival from hospital treatment was a low percent outcome anyway.

We won't really know what comes out of the wash until the documentary is released in the coming years - maybe next decade?

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nobody can deny that people have lost money and business has suffered with this, but governments throughout the world have had to deal with something that was basically unknown territory. .

It became known territory 3 months in, ample time for a virus to do the rounds, and about when they worked out the original death projections were off by a factor of ten.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I came across this on YouTube. It looks like Norway and Singapore have their heads screwed on better than others - opening up with no mandatory vaccinations (applies to employment contracts too?), no vaccine passports (to force non-mandatory vaccinations), no masks, no social distancing/crowd limits and getting back to normal. They have had a period of voluntary vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ItkYhFiGBI

Well?
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm only interested in the government over-reach mitigation policy.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Our beloved Anna is seeking to cause more pain for the border businesses and state in general. Seems like she wants us to have a happy Christmas at home only.

No commitment to opening the border and more and more demands and excuses now too. Target was 80% population vaccination, including children whom her health minister didn't want jabbed early on nor is currently advised to, but I doubt that'll be the case now. Probablly include dogs, cats and goldfish next.

Now she wants additional funding from the federal government for hospitals before opening up. Way too late to be telling us now that the health system won't cope - just an eleventh hour money grab at the expense of further business destruction. I guess she must've been distracted by the olympics that she was forced to go to. Stupid cow.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A really stupid cow. Should not have been voted in.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It's interesting that Labor has ruled QLD state elections but with Federal elections Labor has very few seats. Maybe a case of how the electoral boundaries are for Federal and state elections.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MikeMcGuire
It's interesting that Labor has ruled QLD state elections but with Federal elections Labor has very few seats. Maybe a case of how the electoral boundaries are for Federal and state elections.

Because most of us like to keep liberal and labor in competition, neither should be in charge of everything.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's like a three ring circus, clowns, monkeys and all.....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
It's like a three ring circus, clowns, monkeys and all.....

Yeah, but only clowns and monkeys, and I think that might be unfairly derogatory of monkeys.

Well?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sheeple gonna sheep. Stop being such a receptive sod and imagine Liberty. The whole world is watching the government thuggery on display in Oz. The impotent acquiescence by the population leaves many of us dumbfounded and frankly heartbroken that such a virile and hardy people could be so easily cornered, captured and layed low. By a virus that is 99.979% survivable. Thank God your not up against something as dangerous as tooth decay or foot fungus or you would be behind a fence with a plastic tag in your ear. Good Christ Australia get a pair.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a bit more complicated than "getting a pair."

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Is it? There is a boot descending to crush your neck and the essential spirit of your people, your nation. What choice do you have? They are already building “Accommodation Centres.” WTF do you think they are for? The hotels full? With what travelers? What wholesome, vital function do you think they serve. Stop being so accommodating in your erasure.

Page 4 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 6 105 106

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.