Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
With the rechargeable aids, what do you do when the batteries no longer take/hold a charge?
Can they be fit for new batteries or will you have to buy a new set of hearing aids?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I got the medicare/blue cross ones a little over a year ago junk.....just bought the $1399 Costco set and love them!

pgpapa Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thank every body booked in oct 26 for fitting.
Larry

pgpapa Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
bump

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I can't help you with prices; mine are VA.

Yup, but I need anti tinnitus tech to come out.

They have. I'm too young to have hearing aids; but, my hearing loss is service connected so I get mine through the VA at no cost to me. Thank you to you taxpayers. Anyway, I had a choice for the ones that I can use for music and phone calls or the ones that will reduce my tinnitus. Because my tinnitus is so bad, it was a no brainer for me. It took a couple of times back to the VA audiologist; but, we got them tuned in such that when I'm wearing them I absolutely do not notice my tinnitus.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys

Beware of hearing aid companies that say they offer discounts for Medicare and Blue Cross.

Medicare does not cover hearing aids. Blue Cross does not either, unless your policy specifically states that. Very, very few individual insurance policies cover hearing aids: the figure I once read was 4% of all policies.

The outfits that advertise Medicare/Blue Cross discounts/coverage are a scam. They lure people in by saying they can save them $XXX. Then they fit them with hearing aids that are at least one generation, perhaps two, behind current technology.

They buy them for a song since the aids are old technology. Folks wind up paying two or three times what the aids are worth, regardless of any "discount."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

pgpapa Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
up

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i'm on my second pair from costco , didnt buy the rechargable battery model because the batteries don't last very long before they need to be replaced.
lady working there said she had seen them stop taking charge within 1 1/2 years.

buy bluetooth capable hearing aids,its the best thing ever. mine were 2600.00. resound brand

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I went with the rechargeable Resound in May, Blue Cross picked up 2 K of the cost.my retirement gift to myself.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A while back the Costco hearing aid manager told me how they keep their prices down. They don't decide on what level of product they want to sell and put it out for bids. Instead, they decide what price they want to sell it for then tell the manufacturers to send them the best they have that can be profitably sold at that price. The makers know that if they get the contract, they'll make money because of the huge volume so they send their very best, greatly discounted to meet Costco's price requirement. As a result, Costco can offer a much higher quality for a lower price than most hearing aid dealers. They've held their price on Kirklands to the 1400 to $1500 range on aids that sell for 1000's more elsewhere. It does reveal how much the markup is on most brands.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag. Have a Costco opening up near me in November.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

644 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,317
Posts18,449,266
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.