Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jbmi
I call a BS on this post, My Cabela's is Captiol One, I've purchased all kinds of ammo and hunting/gun parts with this card.
Recently I went into a M&P tackle store for some fishing equipment, tried to pay for it with my Cabela's card and was advised by the store owner that they did not except Cabela's cards as they were in direct competition with them with their products, even though the were just a small one man operation.
I'm sure your store owner has a gripe with Capitol One and just made up that reason, it ain't true.

You may call BS all you like. It is a fact.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Like I say in the original post, it could be that there's a dispute between Third Generation and Capital One and no other gun sports related businesses. Or maybe it's across the board. I don't know, that's why I posted.

All you gotta do is post something like this to see who's got some reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. L

Lord help us.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i just bought powder from powder valley and have always bought gun related stuff from obvious gun related stores , like mid south shooter supply ,natchez shooter supply ,powder vally ect ,on my cabelas capitol one card

NRA Life Member
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
More states need to get onboard with this.

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/SB19/id/2407696

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Just went shopping and found some 6mm ELD-X 90 grain bullets at Third Generation. I don't think anyone else has any right now but 3G does. Damn prices are noticeably higher than they have been but that's true across the board, I think---if you're able to find anything at all.

Anyway, at checkout I noticed this advisory on 3G's site:

Payment Method
Credit Card --- Warning: Capital One does not want you to buy from us. If you use a Capital One card here they will cancel it and the charge will be declined even if you call them and they say otherwise. Please use any type of credit or debit card from any other bank or provider.

Is Capital One freezing out all the firearms and shooting vendors, or do they have a vendetta against Third Generation? If so, maybe we can hurt them. I sure want to, assuming that my suspicion is correct.

You fellas need to wake up to the world around you. Read up on Operation Choke Point- its been in effect since the Obama Regime, and it is REAL.

It is the reason your LGS charges more for CC transactions (or hides it in the price). It is the reason a firearms business struggles to find a CC processor. It is the reason firearms businesses are denied credit.

Time to stop patronizing these leftist azzholes in the banking industry who fall in line with the Democrats.

Operation Choke Point

Operation Choke Point was a 2013 initiative of the United States Department of Justice[1] which investigated banks in the United States and the business they did with firearm dealers, payday lenders, and other companies believed to be at a high risk for fraud and money laundering.

This operation, disclosed in an August 2013 Wall Street Journal story,[2] was officially ended in August 2017,[3] and the FDIC settled multiple lawsuits by promising to Congress additional training for its examiners and to cease issuing "informal" and "unwritten suggestions" to banks. ...

Also, for as long as I can remember businesses in most states have been allowed to add a processing fee of up to 4% of total to purchases made with a credit card to offset their card payment processing charges imposed by credit card companies.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
C1 is my primary credit card for all purchases including firearms related. Nary an issue...

C
C
I used my Capital One card at 3 different gun stores this pass week. I bought 2 guns, black power , shells, primers, and accessories, no problem.
I'll keep my C1, its the only cc company that ever called me, asking about a purchase that I didn't make, long before it show up on my statement, actually within hours of be made. They Cancelled that card on the spot, and sent me a new card overnight.

"In Sunshine Or Thunder
A Man Will Always Wonder
Which Way The Fair Wind Blows"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Just went shopping and found some 6mm ELD-X 90 grain bullets at Third Generation. I don't think anyone else has any right now but 3G does. Damn prices are noticeably higher than they have been but that's true across the board, I think---if you're able to find anything at all.

Anyway, at checkout I noticed this advisory on 3G's site:

Payment Method
Credit Card --- Warning: Capital One does not want you to buy from us. If you use a Capital One card here they will cancel it and the charge will be declined even if you call them and they say otherwise. Please use any type of credit or debit card from any other bank or provider.

Is Capital One freezing out all the firearms and shooting vendors, or do they have a vendetta against Third Generation? If so, maybe we can hurt them. I sure want to, assuming that my suspicion is correct.

You fellas need to wake up to the world around you. Read up on Operation Choke Point- its been in effect since the Obama Regime, and it is REAL.

It is the reason your LGS charges more for CC transactions (or hides it in the price). It is the reason a firearms business struggles to find a CC processor. It is the reason firearms businesses are denied credit.

Time to stop patronizing these leftist azzholes in the banking industry who fall in line with the Democrats.

Operation Choke Point

Operation Choke Point was a 2013 initiative of the United States Department of Justice[1] which investigated banks in the United States and the business they did with firearm dealers, payday lenders, and other companies believed to be at a high risk for fraud and money laundering.

This operation, disclosed in an August 2013 Wall Street Journal story,[2] was officially ended in August 2017,[3] and the FDIC settled multiple lawsuits by promising to Congress additional training for its examiners and to cease issuing "informal" and "unwritten suggestions" to banks. ...

Also, for as long as I can remember businesses in most states have been allowed to add a processing fee of up to 4% of total to purchases made with a credit card to offset their card payment processing charges imposed by credit card companies.

Texas is one of the few that doesn't allow a convenience fee unless, of course, you are a Texas governmental agency or non-profit.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JGray
I thought they were the bank for the Cabelas Club visa. At least they were when I shopped at Cabelas. I don't have to worry about that ever again...

This!

Cap 1 absolutely owns Cabelas Club Visa.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cap 1 isn't the only one. Remember a couple years ago when all of the major banks quit financing gun related businesses.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Cap 1 isn't the only one. Remember a couple years ago when all of the major banks quit financing gun related businesses.

Yep. Bank of America started that schitt if I remember correctly. The Wholesale Firearms Distributor I worked for sued them in Court and won over that Bullschitt.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/02/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Capitol 1 must have issues with 3rd Gen
I just made a purchase from RHR and paid with my Cabelas card
just to see if they have went full on anti 2A.
Worked just fine with Red Hawk Rifles

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jbmi
I call a BS on this post, My Cabela's is Captiol One, I've purchased all kinds of ammo and hunting/gun parts with this card.
Recently I went into a M&P tackle store for some fishing equipment, tried to pay for it with my Cabela's card and was advised by the store owner that they did not except Cabela's cards as they were in direct competition with them with their products, even though the were just a small one man operation.
I'm sure your store owner has a gripe with Capitol One and just made up that reason, it ain't true.

Uhmm yep. I used mine today at Scheels and Sportsmans Whorehouse and not a single problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Payment Method
That probably came from their Nigerian branch. 'Send us your card number and account password and we'll see if we can make it work for you.'

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How is it that Capitol One Mastercard is the carrier for BassPro? I bought a Shield and heard noting like this?

Last edited by smarquez; 10/02/21.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Payment Method
That probably came from their Nigerian branch. 'Send us your card number and account password and we'll see if we can make it work for you.'

Go to the Third Generation website and find something to put in your basket, then go to checkout and payment page...that's where you'll see the warning. Third Generation is legit, they're in Oklahoma and I've bought plenty from them before (when "plenty" was available). This has nothing to do with Nigerian scammers or any other scammers. By all appearances, there's a dispute between Capital One and Third Generation...but anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Y'all need to pick up your BS flags and put em back in your back pockets. I'm sure you'll find some other thread where you can toss em out there and be correct.

Don't be the darkness.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Capital One is a bad deal regardless. The only reason to have one is if you couldn't get anything else. If it's your oldest, never cancel it but don't use it. Maintaining length of credit history is it.

Last edited by urbaneruralite; 10/03/21.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I closed my Capital One card last year. Reason: poor service. There are better credit card companies out there.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I send cash thru the mail

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True or not, I'll never use a CC or any other service from a company that uses Samuel L. Jackson as a spokesman.

MM

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,106
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.