Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Craigster
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?

He will send you to Hell for rejecting God's gift of His Son.

Nobody has shared their point of view regarding my question.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If I "covet" my buddy's pickup or have the hots for his old lady will I go to Hell, or will God forgive me ?

I shared with you God's point of view.
Watch the video in the OP.
If you have further questions there are two links in my signature and feel free to follow up PM.
Good night

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He'll forgive you if you truly repent. Next question.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Did God create man or did man create God? We know with certitude that man created a great many other gods and so far there is little to nothing in terms of factual evidence to back up the existence of any of them. Some like to say that without God there is no morality and no rules to follow, which results in the rule of wickedness, but this doesn't appear to have any factual basis either. Morals and ethics can and do exist in the absence of theism. Deontology, Utilitarianism, Moral Relativism and Virtue Ethics being the main non-deistic systems in common use.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Did God create man or did man create God? We know with certitude that man created a great many other gods and so far there is little to nothing in terms of factual evidence to back up the existence of any of them. Some like to say that without God there is no morality and no rules to follow, which results in the rule of wickedness, but this doesn't appear to have any factual basis either. Morals and ethics can and do exist in the absence of theism. Deontology, Utilitarianism, Moral Relativism and Virtue Ethics being the main non-deistic systems in common use.

Yeah but sounds like you are going to burn in hell, but no worries, I'll be there with many others apparently. It's a legacy for not believing in the correct, loving god.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jesus Saves Green Stamps.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You can debate 'til the cows come home. Doesn't change the truth.

What is believed to be true is not not necessarily true. Belief alone doesn't establish truth. Which is why there are debates on theology, philosophy, semantics, etc.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No...but your buddy might.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

We have been told many times here that acts will not get you into heaven. If true, so is the converse. Acts will not keep you out of heaven.

All one has to do is have faith and accept the jesus.

It works here. There are many who have the jesus but are the most hateful of people.

That’s all it takes.

Have the faith and covet!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

We have been told many times here that acts will not get you into heaven. If true, so is the converse. Acts will not keep you out of heaven.

All one has to do is have faith and accept the jesus.

It works here. There are many who have the jesus but are the most hateful of people.

That’s all it takes.

Have the faith and covet!

Tammy and Jimmy agree.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if there is a such thing as a god,if there is i dont believe you can be a ass your whole life and find god 5 minutes before you die and go to heaven. live life the right way and treat people right and you may go. again, if there is such a place.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
To answer the OP’s topic question:

Romans 6, 1-3: 1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
MikeRiley noted the moral/ethical systems. If I understand them correctly those philosophies are primarily moral and or ethical and were developed as a way for man to ascend.

Similarly, modern secular progressivism is system through which man is supposed to ascend just as communism behind the iron curtain was designed.

Regardless of an acceptance of theism humans seem to recognizes a deficit or need and then develop a means of ascension.

Christianity is not primarily moral/ethical neither is it a system for ascension. Unfortunately Christianity is usually presented this way. Christianity is based in the idea that man cannot ascend because we are not able to be morally or ethically good enough.

I believe that Christianity has to be understood from that basis when considered alone or compared to other religions or philosophies.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

Romans 6, 1-3: 1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3

John

Do you present these verses to imply that we are to rise above sinning; no longer sin?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The simple answer to the ordinal question, No.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The simple answer to the ordinal question, No.

This idiot doesn’t even know what using the Lord’s name in vain means.

Lol

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Does God Give Us a License to Sin?
Sermon by Ralph Yankee Arnold

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC.

Do you sin?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We all sin.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

Do you present these verses to imply that we are to rise above sinning; no longer sin?

That we are to STRIVE to rise above sinning. God gave us free will. We can choose to sin or not. God certainly prefers that we do not and indeed commands us to not sin but knows us well enough to know that we will. I would prefer that I do not sin, but fail at my efforts daily, but thankfully, God gave his only son to pay the penalty for my transgressions. Read Romans 5 and 6. Paul is saying that just because we have God’s grace provided by Christ’ crucifixion and resurrection, that does not mean we have carte blanche to sin, but rather that we should strive to not sin.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.