-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad I bought a new truck in March, right before everything went nuts. Wife has a Highlander while the kids have an Accord. Planning to keep those running as long as possible, which will hopefully be a long time. I lucked out on that scenario, but am looking to build a house in the next 18 months, so that's going to be my primary debacle with this Covid economy garbage.

Now with even more aplomb
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice older ones are out there. Guys drop over every day like Uncle Jim with his 2007 with less than 40K miles on it. I’ll buy a nice couple year old one and use it only when I need a truck and that isn’t for every day driving. A 10 year old SUV with a trailer hitch gets most of the daily around town stuff. Other than no miles, what does a new truck bring to the party that a few year older one doesn’t? Honestly I’ve had more fun with an older truck with a few worts and moles than a brand new unscratched one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My brother is in auto sales and they can’t get any vehicles. He ordered a truck for himself last September and just got it last month. All the lots, new and used, around here are just about vacant. We drove to Birmingham a couple of months ago and the dealerships along I-20 were like that too.

They can’t get the computer chips from……….Chyna!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm focused more on keeping the vehicles I have in good running shape. No way do I want to try to buy anything worth having in this market.

yep, babying the heck out of my 99 Frontier.
It only has 227K on it so I'm good with it as a daily driver.

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Hubert
The new auto dealers will not sell you one. they sell all their trade-ins to wholesellers , that sell them in auctions or whatever else they do with them,,, but not sold on their lot..

So, uh, whaddya think the guys that buy 'em at the auction do with 'em? wink

Asking for a friend.

Sounds like he is looking for an 11-12 year old outfit. And the new car dealers around him aren't messing with vehicles that old and selling them at auction.

People buying them are selling them off the smaller private lots.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I made friends with a woman that does title and other service for people buying and selling vehicles... she has 5 trucks for sale that appear to be in fairly good condition with around 200.000 miles,, most are in $9000 range and are 10 to 20 years old .. I think one of them would be my best bet for a useable one for me, I will be trying them out this afternoon....will let you know if I get one..

Last edited by Hubert; 10/04/21.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hubert, you'd probably be better off hiring some housewife with a car to take you to WalMart and the pharmacy. She can stop at 7-11 so you can buy your lottery tickets too.

That would be cheaper than buying a new pickup. And Lord knows the public and yourself would be a thousand times safer.

I am probably in better physical than you are, people who meet me don't believe I am as old I am.. so why are you being such an azz ? Is it because of my age?? or my medical condition? My DR and I have my problems in control, so stop being such an azz and help me find a pickup and I can put my Harley Sportster up for the winter,, Yes goat brain I am still riding my Harley, how do you like that chit brain?

You’re a regular Dale Carnegie.

lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
200k miles in PA you better know what you're looking at. rotted frames, core supports, shock towers, brake/fuel lines, etc are common. i know this from shopping and buying trucks for my boys over the past 5 or 6 years.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Went buying a used car for the daughter and it was a circus too. Wanted something fairly new that didn’t have over 100K miles on it around $15K. 8 dealerships later we found something, 2019 Nissan Versa with 41K.

Chevy dealer tried to add another $1K to the price when they seen we were interested in a car and we walked away. Called back the next day trying to get us back by knocking $2K off the price. I told them I wouldn’t step on their lot again.

There are reasons I like dealing with Toyota, I’ve never been jerked around by the salesman or the prices. Wanted a Toyota this time but they only had 2 used cars (2020 Avalons) on the lot and 2 new Highlanders. Pitiful out there right now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Windfall
Nice older ones are out there. Guys drop over every day like Uncle Jim with his 2007 with less than 40K miles on it.

Unless that is a 2007 Chevy with the 5.3.

You don't want that evil on you, Ricky Bobby!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I made friends with a woman that does title and other service for people buying and selling vehicles... she has 5 trucks for sale that appear to be in fairly good condition with around 200.000 miles,, most are in $9000 range and are 10 to 20 years old .. I think one of them would be my best bet for a useable one for me, I will be trying them out this afternoon....will let you know if I get one..

Let us know your DL #

If it saves just one life , Hubie

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
we've had good luck with the 02-05 silverados. hard to find up here that ain't rotted. probably even harder now. i would steer clear of the mid-2000's dodge 1500. worst vehicle i have ever owned.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Looking at a new Lincoln Aviator , dealership said they'd have to order what I wanted and it would take 3-4 months, OK with me as I didn't want to drive my new SUV through the winter.
I asked if there were any end of the year incentives, none !
Asked if there were any incentives for new 2022's, only one they had were "family & friends" that worked for Ford, which I have none.
Mentioned to them that I've been buying new vehicles since 1967, about every 4 or 5 years and I've never paid sticker, they said they can work around that with adding a few bucks to my trade in, or adding some
optional item like a trailer towing package.
My trade-in is a 2017 Explorer XT with 51K, paid $37K they offered my 25K on a trade in. Told them I'd think about it as I wouldn't order one till Feb. Day later they called back and said they could work on the trade in value when the time comes.
At 77, I figure this is my last vehicle, less than 10K mile a year will carry me well into my 80's.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's this place called the internet. Start shopping.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jbmi
My trade-in is a 2017 Explorer XT with 51K, paid $37K they offered my 25K on a trade in. Told them I'd think about it as I wouldn't order one till Feb. Day later they called back and said they could work on the trade in value when the time comes.

Yeah, man, they can't give a trade value on a vehicle today that you'll be driving 'til February. Also, any manufacturer incentives towards the vehicle are at the time of delivery, not at order.

By the way, nice choice - love those new Aviators.

Last edited by skeen; 10/04/21.
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Let us know your DL #

If it saves just one life , Hubie

Stop calling me Hubie,,, that is not my name you idiot.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

That idiot floored it. Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Hubert, you'd probably be better off hiring some housewife with a car to take you to WalMart and the pharmacy. She can stop at 7-11 so you can buy your lottery tickets too.

That would be cheaper than buying a new pickup. And Lord knows the public and yourself would be a thousand times safer.

I am probably in better physical than you are, people who meet me don't believe I am as old I am.. so why are you being such an azz ? Is it because of my age?? or my medical condition? My DR and I have my problems in control, so stop being such an azz and help me find a pickup and I can put my Harley Sportster up for the winter,, Yes goat brain I am still riding my Harley, how do you like that chit brain?

LOL.

Gee, after coming on here asking if $1000+ is okay for a battery, then telling us all how sick you are, and don't have long left in this world, then telling us all how you wrecked and totaled your pickup...

I wonder why anyone would think it's safe to let and elderly person who recently totaled a pickup, back on the road? whistle

Not being an ass. Just telling you what you already know, but don't want to face.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 53 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.