Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

From the farm supply store.
Only legal for flies.

It's illegal to mix it with soda pop (grape works)
And put it out for hermits.

Because it's scary deadly.

You usually know what drank it.
It will be laying close by.

If a pet gets in this stuff, you won't save it.
Most likely, it's dead when you find it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
BP-B2

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Just theoretically thought of something.....theoretical. I use Xylitol a fair bit, and it comes with warnings that even small doses can be fatal to dogs/cats. In theory this should also apply to foxes/coyotes, I would think. Should one ever be faced with such a problem (god forbid), it might be pressed into service, since cyanide and strychnine are not readily available to the lowly Canadian peasant.

I’ve heard that xylitol is hell on wolves. But it’s hearsay.

Don’t be sensitive on the worshipping the queen remark, not everyone reads or is familiar with posters’ locals

I missed the remark entirely, but no worries I'm neither terribly sensitive nor overly attached to the queen. In fact, its rather annoying to see public land marked "Her Majesty the Queen" or some such nonsense. Probably a perfectly fine woman, but what has she done for me lately?
As for wolves....well, we do have more of those than we need. I prefer not to cause undue suffering when its not necessary, and I'm not sure how quick the stuff would kill, but it sounds like its quite lethal. Thankfully it's all just theoretical and thought experiments, so no reason for anyone to be alarmed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stickfight
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Beat me to it....

Great for pigeons

Not sure if its available anymore

Jimmy crack corn and i dont care...lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Old time technique was to stud a pole with razor blades and paint with bacon grease...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Most trap shy critters are one trick ponies IME. If they have been baited, they can be caught in a blind set or it they have experience with one kind of set, the set can be varied. As previously mentioned snares are effective in situations like this. Poison is not a good idea, for many reasons.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The Hmong dope cartel around here put out pans of the old sweet tasting ethylene glycol anti freeze..gets deer, rabbits, fox, squirrel, dogs, coyotes, does it all, even tweety birds.

What's this about?

Hmong by the thousands were shipped to Wisconsin and Minnesota after the VN debacle, because they "helped us". (does this sound familiar the last few weeks headlines?). Anyway, 5 or 6 thousand have now moved to Northern Calif and growing marijuana by the truckloads. Because of the semi arid climate, critters are attracted to their industrial size greenhouses, and get in and eat dope plants I guess. The Hmong poison them, to protect their investment. Local authorities are not enforcing any laws, health, safety, building codes, dope laws...nothing. Scared of mega ethnic discrimination lawsuits...it's the old west at it's worst. Murders, theft, arson, rape (usually daughters etc) game and fish violations out the wazoo.. Multi culturism at it's finest.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For really nasty critters you used to be able to run a wire from their coil to their fuel tank, not anymore. frown

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Old time technique was to stud a pole with razor blades and paint with bacon grease...

OMG…that just turned my stomach and made me cringe once I recognized the mechanism that caused death. My mind was in poisoning mode not exsanguination……that’s just cruel!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly
[quote=keith]Fines can be pretty steep for poison on coyotes and fox, Federal.

It’s theoretical.
[/quot

Only if your stupid enough to tell somenoe

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Unless it’s like a cyanide bomb, poison is a slow painful death. Shidty way to deal with it unless the critter deserves it.

Research M44 devices - they work rapidly.
Here, and probably nationally, you have to be licensed to use them.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Xylitol and dog food is what the government trained me to give enemy K-9’s to eliminate them.

Trioxane Is how the government trained me to turn off a K-9’s nose.

I hate fuggin dogs, dog owners, and service dogs for pussies !

Well I find dog haters to be cowards and less than trustworthy.

Flave is the one who hates dogs, not JL lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Unless it’s like a cyanide bomb, poison is a slow painful death. Shidty way to deal with it unless the critter deserves it.

Research M44 devices - they work rapidly.
Here, and probably nationally, you have to be licensed to use them.

Why I referenced “unless”

MAGA
E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by keith
Fines can be pretty steep for poison on coyotes and fox, Federal.

No federal fines. State fines only.

Unless you do it on federal property.

Feds don’t manage those species.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

OMG…that just turned my stomach and made me cringe once I recognized the mechanism that caused death. My mind was in poisoning mode not exsanguination……that’s just cruel!

It is worse than cruel... at one time people thought Machiavelli was absolutely cprrect when it came to killing wolves.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The Hmong dope cartel around here put out pans of the old sweet tasting ethylene glycol anti freeze..gets deer, rabbits, fox, squirrel, dogs, coyotes, does it all, even tweety birds.

What's this about?

Hmong by the thousands were shipped to Wisconsin and Minnesota after the VN debacle, because they "helped us". (does this sound familiar the last few weeks headlines?). Anyway, 5 or 6 thousand have now moved to Northern Calif and growing marijuana by the truckloads. Because of the semi arid climate, critters are attracted to their industrial size greenhouses, and get in and eat dope plants I guess. The Hmong poison them, to protect their investment. Local authorities are not enforcing any laws, health, safety, building codes, dope laws...nothing. Scared of mega ethnic discrimination lawsuits...it's the old west at it's worst. Murders, theft, arson, rape (usually daughters etc) game and fish violations out the wazoo.. Multi culturism at it's finest.

experienced that in Wisconsin. They kill/poach any creature year round that flies, walks, crawls, swims. When caught they cry they don't understand English and game laws even thoughregs and signs are in their native language.

leaving poison out on public land is a no go now. Get a thermal scope and hunt at night

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Golden malorone or liquid tomcat mixed w cola and old school antifreeze. Could mix all. Put in chicken waterers. Kills everything I've been told.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka

What's this about?

experienced that in Wisconsin. They kill/poach any creature year round that flies, walks, crawls, swims.

Including other hunters...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Geezus...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Antifreeze. Heard the same.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Natural sponge about the size of a baseball.
Soak it then squeeze down as small as you can get it, wrap with fishing line to keep it small as possible.
Let dry.
Coat in peanut butter or bacon grease.
Place strategically.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 669 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.