B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I seen a face book post that in my mind I am pretty sure BS

Well a guy shows a S&W semi that was a 40 blown in half

So of course many people responded they seen this before its an issue with 40S&W of course some more than one time

And of course thats why I carry only steel frame
Blah blah blah

I have,never heard there was any typical issues with 40 and this is FB bs? I assume so
Shot and shoot a fair amount of 40 no issues

Am I correct?

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
well if you saw it on the internet, it has to be true. lol

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And if the F aggct Checkers didn't dispute it, it MUST be true!

Last edited by SargeMO; 10/04/21.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife (possum cops) started off carrying M&P .40s, and sometime shortly thereafter, switched to Glock 22s, I overheard a couple of them talking about it once, they said the Smiths were having a lot of issues, nothing about them blowing up or in half, though. I know of Fiocchi factory ammo in .40 cal. blowing out case heads, usually in Glocks, but that wouldn't explain about M&Ps having issues.

You see and hear all kinds of nonsense and balderdash, and some poppycock, too, on FB. Especially regarding guns. Take it all with a grain of salt, hell, take a whole damned salt block.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I wanted inexpensive striker-fired plastic-framed .40S&W I would simply buy Gen 5 Glock. These are improved version of previous generations which were carried by many police department before they switched back to 9x19. What amazes me is that people buy these S&W guns and then waste time and money buying some kind of Apex triggers to improve trigger pulls. That seems pretty stupid thing to do, si? Everyone knows by now that new production Walthers have best triggers in striker-fired plastic-framed pistol category.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by boatboy

So of course many people responded they seen this before its an issue with 40S&W of course some more than one time

Blah blah blah

I have,never heard there was any typical issues with 40 and this is FB bs? I assume so

Am I correct?

Hank

The only issue is: that because of the fact that the .40 is an optimized round, especially w/ the 180 gr. bullet, it is more sensitive to bullet setback.

Other than that, it is a 35K psi cartridge like the inferior 9mm Para.

And if you are interested in a striker-fired tupperware .40...?

The GLOCK G23.4 is the way to go.

The Gen 4 improvements successfully addressed all the issues w/ the .40 chambering.

[Linked Image from 4b1e874935ea5d25a97e-f099844d0e354c7ab50c55a966be6870.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com]

GR

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My only 40 S&W is a S&W 4006, never have any problems with it and never hope to.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Blah blah blah

Am I correct?

Hank

Kabooms with .40 S&W chambered handguns has been a common theme for decades. Particularly early Glocks in that chambering.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
My only 40 S&W is a S&W 4006, never have any problems with it and never hope to.

I had one of those. It was a dandy pistol. Sold it to buy a 40 in the Browning Hi Power. Still have the Hi Power, but wished I could have afforded both at the time.

R
R

Every gun out there has an example of kabooming.

There is a lot of internet hate for the 40S&W...mostly from people who don't know a world existed before the G19 and bonded 9mm

The G22 has always been problematic..it has issues running with a light and kabooming

Dept of Energy had one go high order that was traced back to round be chambered an excessive amount of times

The M&P came about before the Gen4 glock..so I had a better LOP for me, it ran with a light in 40, had a thumb safety, and was reliable.

Trigger upgrades are regularly done on all kinds of guns, including glocks.

Oddly, it was only the full size MP 9mm that had accuracy issues...I had an early 45 that shot like a laser. Enough so, that Larry Vickers commented on it in a class.

The 2.0 guns are great.

I like the 40, but shoot more 9mm these days. I wouldnt worry about one blowing up.

"Good Landing, good fight, good luck"......James M Gavin 09Jul43
IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Blah blah blah

Am I correct?

Hank

There are lots of feucktards who will parrot forum rumors over and over. Learn to ignore them. Some of them have really high post counts on this forum....

The 40sw is just another pistol cartridge - nothing special. I can tell you that the 2.0 M&P has the best casehead support I've seen and I don't think a double-charge will blow out the casemouth before something else lets go. Probably why I've never seen an M&P kaboom.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 40 is an excellent cartridge. Glock has had some chamber support issues over the years and yes, there were documented cases of them KaBooming with Factory ammunition straight from the box.

https://www.thesixgunjournal.net/an...ack-thereof-in-glock-40-caliber-pistols/

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
few years ago, entirely my own fault, a loaded a .40s&w shell without powder but live primer. bullet stuck in barrel. then i proceded to fire a correct 40s &w shell hitting the squib load.
cracked barrel, blew off front part of slide, and that was about it.
a poster on here sold me a new top slide and i got a new barrel. no more issues, runs fine.
that was in a glock 23 third generation.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fired 1000s of rounds through both Glock 22 and 23 models, never an issue! Never witnessed or seen a kaboom. The alleged Kabooms that have supposedly happened, were rumored to be from firing out of battery from my understanding, which were the result of worn/damaged recoil springs. I did see a newbie drop g 23 slide on concrete and bend/damage the rail on the slide which could not function correctly and another time the spring in the slide (slide lock spring) had broke but allowed the shooter to finish shooting the entire mag before the slide fell off the gun and hit the ground. A replacement slring fixed the issue.and never heard to this day of it failing again from the shooter. This from a g23 that had unknown rounds through it. Many LE federal, state, and local use the Glock 40 SW.

Last edited by Esox357; 10/04/21.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I had one of those. It was a dandy pistol. Sold it to buy a 40 in the Browning Hi Power. Still have the Hi Power, but wished I could have afforded both at the time.

That's a tank of a pistol, and a very good one. The 40 is no match for it. I also have one and have fired 1,000's of rounds through it. Never an issue.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I heard a .40 S&W caliber joke that will really crack you up!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

That's a tank of a pistol, and a very good one. The 40 is no match for it. I also have one and have fired 1,000's of rounds through it. Never an issue.

Talk about a tank? This 4006 Performance Center Comp-40 came from S&W with a 5-3/8” Bar-Sto barrel installed in a Briley spherical bushing:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It lacks only a dust cover accessory rail for attaching the wheels.

Every day’s an adventure.
B
boatboy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
As I thought more FB crap

My favorite was when I read on line quite a while ago

40 S&W worst caliber ever 😂😂😂

Thanks for the input
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks for the input
Hank

Purpose-built Superior Service Round.

... and good as ever.

GR

R
R

Thanks for the input
Hank

I wouldnt call it crap. PDs having reliability issues with .40cal Glocks is well documented. The unsupported case head in the G22 is known also.

Modern 9mm loads are the equal of modern 40 & 45 loads.

Last edited by RMoran; 10/06/21.

"Good Landing, good fight, good luck"......James M Gavin 09Jul43
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.