Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Could you suggest a Gun Store where someone to take several Hand-Cannons (Big Bore Revolvers) to place on consignment for sale. Should be in the Kenai/Soldotna or Anchorage area. Thanks.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
AGL, you'd be better off advertising locally, and meeting the new buyer at a gunshop to do the transfer, if that's required in AK. Wild West and such places will probably want 25% of the purchase price on a commission sale.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Private to private sales to in-state residents requires.......

only money.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
Private to private sales to in-state residents requires.......

only money.

The problem is Alaskans desire the more expensive firearms, but they rarely are willing to pay even 75 or 80% of what the same firearm is selling for on Gun Broker.Com. Mountain View Sports at one time had the type buyers who purchase firearms in the more expensive range, as did GNG. When you start getting in the 2K price range the buyers thin out. It is unfortunate that "Alaska's List" sucks.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can try this one. https://gunsalaska.com/

IC B2

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Hudge

Thanks.......I have an account there and have posted firearms, with zero response. It seems exactly the same every time I go there, nothing ever changes. I had high hopes for that site.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Well, whatcha selling?

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Well, whatcha selling?

Freedom Arms 4 3/4" barrel chambered .475 LINEBAUGH

Freedom Arms 10" (ported) barrel chambered .454 Casull with 2.5 to 8X Leupold EER (silver) includes Freedom Arms Holster.

Both Freedoms are Model 83 Premier Grade.

RUGER Super Blackhawk 3 5/8" Barrel .44 Magnum Bisley grip.

All are stainless Steel

Last edited by AGL4now; 10/05/21.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pics please

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Pics please

Why......????

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Pics please

Why......????

Perhaps he’s interested?

You might try Tradio, KSRM radio. 283-5811. Call 11:00-1200.

Or the station out of Homer 262-6000. I believe they run flea market or whatever they call itb12:30-13:00. They’re broadcasting to south central and up to delta.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you’re willing to sell for 75% of market (Gunbroker) price, list them here. You’d do better as the ad is free. The buyer would do better ‘cause you wouldn’t charge sales tax. Win-Win, no?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Personally I'd consider a couple of gun shows. People in Alaska have the money for good guns.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Personally I'd consider a couple of gun shows. People in Alaska have the money for good guns.

I agree with you 100%.........but I simply can't do the gun shows. That is the perfect answer,

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by WMR
If you’re willing to sell for 75% of market (Gunbroker) price, list them here. You’d do better as the ad is free. The buyer would do better ‘cause you wouldn’t charge sales tax. Win-Win, no?

The problem is, unless the buyer lives in the greater Anchorage, AK area, I would still have to hire an FFL holder, to ship them. At that point, I might as well take them to a "Quality/Reputable" Anchorage FFL Gun Shop, and put them on consignment. They would get 95 to 100% of fair value from the buyer. The net revenue to me is roughly the same, with less BS.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When I was up there, I had good luck with Alaska Outdoor Forums https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/ . After checking to make sure it still is a legitimate site, I see you are already advertising there. Not sure what Boondocks charges, but when I was up there, he'd have at least a few on consignment most of the time. Do you have access to a swap board at a credit union or other social type location?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MT, WY or ID might be a better alternative.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I think (in Alaska) there is a dynamic that has evolved, likely caused (inadvertently) by the large box sporting goods stores overtaking the (relativity tiny) firearms market. And that most of them don't deal with used firearms.
I am starting to fully grasp what "Gun Nut" in Fairbanks said, don't waste time dealing with Alaskans, especially with more expensive firearms, the market is just too small. Just put it on Gun Broker.Com

But this "cuts" both ways, as Alaskans now have to compete with all the buyers in America or the world, to purchase out of production or hard to find firearms.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
MT, WY or ID might be a better alternative.

True......larger market, with vastly more buyers who can afford to buy higher cost out of production, or hard to find firearms. When you look at who has this type revolvers at auction on Gun Broker, they are located in the areas you mention. Which just circles back to Gun Broker or any of the national firearms auction sites. Which again pretty much cuts out Alaskans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Prices on your Linebaugh and Ruger?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Prices on your Linebaugh and Ruger?

I am looking for a reputable Gun Store in the area to handle this, would consider a sale to "relatively" local individual. Selling to someone that I have to deal with having a FFL ship it, I may as well, have them handle the whole process. You need only look at past sales on Gun Broker, to know "roughly" their value. Those Ruger Super Blackhawks have doubled or more in price recently. Especially the short barreled ones.

I would expect that .475 Linebaugh at auction on Gun Broker will bring $2,250.00 to $2,550.00

I would sell the "BISLEY" Ruger (Locally) for $1,100.00
They are $1,250.00 to $1,600.00 used (This Summer) sold on Gun Broker.

Yes.....I know the ones TALO distributed are about $200.00 CHEAPER (because they don't have the Bisley Grip that the Lipsey model does).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Copy.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks.......I have an account there and have posted firearms, with zero response. It seems exactly the same every time I go there, nothing ever changes. I had high hopes for that site.

Good to know, I have thought about listing a few guns on thee myself, but haven't.

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

Good to know, I have thought about listing a few guns on thee myself, but haven't.

If you decide to open an account there use a name other then your real name. Or don't use your full name. Because it come up when someone is interested in your item.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you tried Alaska List, i've sold a few items there in the past and am getting ready to list my Ruger NSBH 44 mag in the next few days.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Have you tried Alaska List, i've sold a few items there in the past and am getting ready to list my Ruger NSBH 44 mag in the next few days.

No.....not in many years. I hear endless horror stories that they now hold you ransom for more and more money. I recently called a guy who had an ad there for eight boxes of .480 Ruger ammo. He said it sold five months ago, but they refused to delete his ad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Pics please

Why......????

All the better to lust over . . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No.....not in many years. I hear endless horror stories that they now hold you ransom for more and more money. I recently called a guy who had an ad there for eight boxes of .480 Ruger ammo. He said it sold five months ago, but they refused to delete his ad.
I had the same issue when I was looking for 10mm ammo, however I never had issues in the past using AL.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

I had the same issue when I was looking for 10mm ammo, however I never had issues in the past using AL.

Thanks.....good to hear a positive report.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I would avoid giving ak list any of your real contact info.

I called about a truck for sale the other day and it turned out to be a fake ad created by the slime that runs the site. He made a fake ad to harass this guy into paying him more money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
300 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,039 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,822
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.