Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
A serious question. I have tried every source that I know to get Small Rifle Primers and have come up empty. Are all those primers being produced for manufacturers loaded ammo? Lack of material to produce them? Government intervention? The gunshops in my area say they haven’t had them in over 3 months.
Anyone???

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was called and told that SR and SP were available at our local Acadamy sports. I figured they are starting to show up.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sure hope so. This is crazy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They have been coming & going at Midway, Brownell's, & a few other places fairly regularly the last few weeks. They go out almost as fast as they appear. At $85/1000 plus shipping & hazmat they have been lasting a bit longer but still sell out quickly. Only CCI & Federal have shown up so far, but a bit of everything small & large, rifle & pistol has been available.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stevens223
A serious question. I have tried every source that I know to get Small Rifle Primers and have come up empty. Are all those primers being produced for manufacturers loaded ammo? Lack of material to produce them? Government intervention? The gunshops in my area say they haven’t had them in over 3 months.
Anyone???

Manufacturers are saying they're making more primers, powder, bullets, and guns than ever.

People are hoarding. It's like toilet paper--only on a grander scale........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I saw small rifle, small rifle magnum, small pistol, large pistol, and large pistol magnum in the last few days. Even a few boxes of large rifle and shotgun which I haven’t seen in a long time. They sell out in less than a day even with a 1k minimum.

Have only seen cci and federal. I would be astonished if I saw Winchester or Remington as I haven’t seen them in over a year.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I just bought some Federal 205 yesterday morning. Bought some CCI500 about a month ago. You just gotta be quick when they pop up these days because they sell fast. I was going to grab some Fed 215 yesterday too, but I was too slow getting them in the cart.

Originally Posted by Futura
I saw small rifle, small rifle magnum, small pistol, large pistol, and large pistol magnum in the last few days. Even a few boxes of large rifle and shotgun which I haven’t seen in a long time. They sell out in less than a day even with a 1k minimum.

Have only seen cci and federal. I would be astonished if I saw Winchester or Remington as I haven’t seen them in over a year.

Yeah, the only thing I am really low on is WSR, and I haven't seen those come in stock anywhere yet. With the whole Remington breakup last year, on top of this whole shortage, I doubt Rem will be showing up anywhere for a long time. Rem ammo (via Vista) has been in stock more and more of late, though, so that is a good sign.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I walked into the LGS yesterday and found most sizes of primers on the shelf, limit five.

No problem....except the price was " adjusted for inflation"...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Yeah, not cheap these days. The 205s yesterday were $87/1000 plus the hazmat shipping. The box of CCIs I got last month were $65/1000 but it was at a lgs, so no shipping to pay, at least.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Someone here posted about primers available at Midway. I picked up a couple of bricks of ones I was low on, SR and LP, at “Market Price”. I suspect more will follow, but you gotta be vigilant and or jump on your product notifications quickly. Was really surprised how long those remained available. Prices on the same ones at Grafs were slightly lower, but out of stock.

Update: Just checked, and Midway and Natchez both have LP available. Those are probably the least in demand now.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Midway had some CCI LP this morning.

I'm pretty good now, aside from WSR. The 215 I missed are for a friend, not my own personal use. I'm not into punishing my shoulder and neck anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For you Virginians, my son saw CCI 400 and Fed LP at Greentop this a.m. Market Price.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at my local Academy store last week and they had four cartons of Federal Large Rifle primers for $39.99 each,so looks like things may start to get better.I left them on the shelf because I'm using magnum primers and wasn't going to hoard primers when someone else is in serious need for them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
They are available. Picked up 5k the last two weeks. Small rifle, large rifle. Pistol primers available as well

Last edited by OrangeDiablo; 10/06/21.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Must be somewhere else. I haven't seen any in over a year here. Now that I think of it there were some SR primers a few months ago, but were limited to 400 and at high prices.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OrangeDiablo & Stevens223: I live "somewhere good" but it is remote and at the end of all supply lines for everything from Bananas to new vehicles - let alone munitions and reloading supplies!
I have NOT seen primers on a shelf with 75 miles of my home in many months.
Luckily I learned a couple of shortages ago (was that 12 or 15 years ago?) to keep and maintain a lifetime supply of reloading components.
Supplies are very short in my neck'o the woods.
In fact two weeks ago I decided to sell a carton (1,000) of the standard Federal small Rifle primers at the Whitehall, Montana gunshow.
I use the Federal small Rifle "Match" primers and have plenty of them but had no need/use for the standards.
Anyway I did NOT even make it into the door of the gunshow and a fellow WCSM member offered me $100.00 cash for them - sold!
I don't know how much I could have gotten for them but he offered and I accepted.
My direct but non-specific answer to your question ("Are primers ever going to be available again"?) is - I don't know, but I am sure that they will never be the same price they were a couple years back!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Academy Sports here in central KY had primers the last few days. CCI small pistol and rifle and Federal small pistol and rifle. CCI's were 6.99 and the federals were 5.99. Not cheap like they used to be, but not as bad as I have seen elsewhere.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked up a box of CC! #41's at Sportman's Warehouse about 1 hour ago. It's the first primers I have seen in 3 months at Sports Man's. I really need some large rifle primers . I guess I better get back to Sports Man's more often.

I forgot to add $39 plus tax.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 10/07/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Feeling the same way. The only thing I can suggest is sign in on different sites and click the “notify me when available” link.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
I picked up a box of CC! #41's at Sportman's Warehouse about 1 hour ago. It's the first primers I have seen in 3 months at Sports Man's. I really need some large rifle primers . I guess I better get back to Sports Man's more often.

I forgot to add $39 plus tax.

kwg

Yeah, sportsman's around here has been getting shipments as well, but you have to be fast. They don't last long. $39 isn't bad, considering..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338rcm, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,772 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.