Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
For Sale, Meffert Hubertus Drilling in 8x57JR/16/16. This is a Dural receiver drilling with walnut stock and fore end, with horn grip cap, butt plate and trigger guard. The engraving is the scroll type. The gun weighs about 6.5 pounds. Barrels are 25 1/2 inches. I slugged the rifle bore and it is .318 inches. The shotgun chambers have been opened to take 2 3/4 inch shells. The wood finish is in very nice condition as is the checkering for a gun this old. There is one small crack at the top of the left side of the stock where the action meets the wood. It has been there for a long time and hasn't changed, but a number of years ago, I had PISCO check it out and repair it. There is a small chip out of the trigger guard. The surface on the receiver has some wear of the finish. It has a Greener safety, Greener crossbolt and sideclips. The front trigger is a set trigger and works nicely for me. The rifle sight is actuated with the rifle selector. There are cocking indicators. Barrels are Krupp steel. The front sight can be flipped from a rifle sight to an white bead. The gun is fitted with a set of Talley type rings that go on and off easily and smoothly. It has a Leupold Compact 1-4x scope. This is a light and lively field gun, a joy to hunt with and carry, while still pleasant to shoot. It was my fair weather bird gun when I lived In PA. There isn’t much bird hunting where I am now. I will include a box of 100 Norma 196 grain .318 bullets, 20 resized 32 special bullets, three boxes of fired brass, a custom Lee bullet sizing die to size bullets to .318 diameter, and a Hammond Gamegetter. My standard hunting load in this gun is a resized 170 grain 32 special bullet over a starting load of Reloader 7 and Federal LR primers. A few years ago, I had JJ set up both barrels to take an Einstecklauf so that I could use either a right or left hand Einstecklauf in the gun, and to adjust the set trigger.
This is a field gun that I’ve hunted, but age and health issues continue to cut back on my hunting opportunities.

$2400 plus shipping

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7Y33NIa.jpg?1[/img]
Not sure why this photo only shows as a link, additionals photos follow.
Thanks for looking,
Bfly

Last edited by Blackfly1; 10/06/21.

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Left View
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Right View

Thanks for looking
Bfly

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice.

LOL
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Does the gun have an Einstecklauf set up for it currently?

Very nice gun. Dural are appealing.

Any idea of the date of manufacture?

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for asking.
As to the einstecklauf, I'm keeping my einstecklauf to use in my other drilling. I have it in this gun right now and I get squirrel hunting accuracy at fifty yards with it with both Hornady vmax and WW solid 22 mags. But an einstecklauf won't come with the gun.
The proof marks are marked 437, so I would say April of 1937 for its birthday. It is of course Nitro proofed on both the shot and rifle barrels.

Bfly

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What group size do you get with your load? What chokes are the shotgun barrels? Thanks, Dan.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Drilling and super deal!!

Mefferts are among the best made drillings, and that Dural should garner a real premium, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I had the choking on the barrels measured quite a few years ago. One is choked 20/1000 and the other is 30/1000. I did not record which was which. I never actually patterned this gun, except toget a sense of general performance, just the sheet of news print, or ab no. 10 can kind of thing. I've always used Gamebore 2 1/2 and 2 5/8 shells that I bought about 20 years ago. The ones I have are lighter loads and don't have shot collars, so I suspect they are more open than newer shells.so I can't say exactly what the pattern is.
The light load of Reloader NO. 7 with the resized 32 spec bullets, I have only shot off sticks. I can keep the in 2 inches at fifty yards. Where I hunt I don't get shots over fifty yards, it's really thick brush< Under 25 is most common. I tend not to put a lot of rounds thru my German guns off the bench. I shoot enough to be sure I'm shooting to the sights and stop. My bolt guns are a different story. I do burn up boxes of 22 mags getting einstecklaufs printing to sights. The geometry of those screws and wedges just escapes my limited brainpower.
Bfly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very nice!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I had a request about trades.i am trying to empty my safes, but a few that I might be interested in:
Ruger 77 RSH ..22 hornet, blue and walnut with sights
Ruger African 223
Ruger Mk III orIV Hunter
Ruger Single Six Hunter
Thanks
Bfly

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Pm incoming

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
SPF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 7 invisible), 1,437 guests, and 737 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.