Print Thread
Hop To
L
Longbob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
So what is the real story what is going on with the Lt. Governor vs the traveling Governor? Sounds like the Lt. Governor is making some conservative waves.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ssport-order-while-governor-out-n1280909

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're both R's. He's left of conservative, RINOish, and she's right of it to the point of being a bit of a nut case. She's just showboating as a campaign gesture. When he gets back into the office, he'll cancel it. I don't think she has the authority to do that anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a bit of an Idaho tradition, really. If memory serves (big if), then Lt Gov. Butch Otter vetoed the increase in the drinking age from 19 to 21 around '86 or so while the Gov was out of town.

It makes for good political theater.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's also in violation of the public records law. She's required by law to release the records of a public education lawsuit and has refused to do so. She lost a lawsuit in the case and is close to being found in contempt of court for her disobeying a court order.
She's as far right as Oregon's nut case governor Kate Brown is to the left. Neither is good for the people.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The hard core ultra right wingers are so pissed at Little for Covid responses that they are promising to vote D if his name is on the ballot for Governor in 2024.

The nutcase just might win the primary.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The hard core ultra right wingers are so pissed at Little for Covid responses that they are promising to vote D if his name is on the ballot for Governor in 2024.

The nutcase just might win the primary.

Not just the ultra right wingers. Medium right wingers are miffed, too. He ham fisted the response to the first peak.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Idaho version of Sarah Palin - it's all about her and her way of getting attention drawn for when she runs for governor next election.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover
The Idaho version of Sarah Palin - it's all about her and her way of getting attention drawn for when she runs for governor next election.

drover

A loose cannon eventually points your way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She's also in violation of the public records law. She's required by law to release the records of a public education lawsuit and has refused to do so. She lost a lawsuit in the case and is close to being found in contempt of court for her disobeying a court order.
She's as far right as Oregon's nut case governor Kate Brown is to the left. Neither is good for the people.

My understanding (according to the news) is she did finally release the records. The lieutenant governor is playing Little like the schmuck he is. He's an embarrassment to the state of Idaho. He is so far over his head it doesn't take a genius to play him. My understanding is McGeachin is not nearly as conservative as the role she's playing. She's probably stealing other people's ideas about what disgruntled voters think Little should be doing. There is an election coming along of course. All's fair... etc, etc.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.