Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

I am coming to close of our season. About a month left. Anyways, I have had the best walleye season of my life this last summer. I caught numerous 7+ pound fish. Each one of my young boys as well as my wife caught monsters. There were many times were three boards out of six went down and even a few quadruples. It just has been fantastic.

Anyone else?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
We've been in hard drought here since early August; rivers have been so low you can't even float a boat. August 18th was my last outing, and I was barely able to motor around then. I took a couple good dings out of my prop smacking stuff that trip.

It has finally broken though, we picked up more rain over the last couple days than we got the entire month of September. I'm hoping to get out Friday or Saturday. I checked a couple ramps yesterday after work, and it only needs to come up another few inches to be boatable again. More rain is forecast tomorrow and Thursday, so it looks like it should be go time soon.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We had an outstanding spring season on Saugeye, which are basically the same thing. No giants but the average size was very respectable. We caught a limit more trips than not. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, outstanding season up here too !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Right from spring opener in a small lake !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We had a great season here too. Didn't catch any big ones but that isn't unusual at all. Put a lot of fish in the boat alot of days and only had one day without a limit that I can think of. The river east of town is still going for people who don't shoot birds, apparently! Ha.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I didnt have a good season for some reason. I went the 1st seven times for walleye and didnt catch one. it was on Lake Winnebago . I started catching more on accident later when I was perch fishing. I get quite a few by accident.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow! You guys tore them up..

I'm just about to start chasing them in the shallows. Waiting for water temps to drop. I like this warm weather, but it's delaying their move to the shallows.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
GREAT catch!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 66 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,210
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.