Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You knew this was coming.. Right?

I'm just waiting for them to stop non-vaxxed heathens' Medicare. Lol.

Link

A hospital in Colorado rejected a woman for a kidney transplant after she refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine, officials have confirmed.

Leilani Lutali received a letter on Sept. 28 informing her that the transplant team at the University of Colorado Hospital decided to designate her inactive on the waiting list for transplants.

“You will be inactivated on the list for non-compliance by not receiving the COVID vaccine,” the letter states.

If Lutali continues to refuse to get a vaccine, “you will be removed from the kidney transplant list,” it added.

Neither Lutali nor her designated donor, Jaimee Fougner, have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Fougner has not for religious reasons, while Lutali believes there is not enough known about the vaccines, they told KCNC-TV.

According to Lutali, hospital officials previously said vaccination was not required to get a transplant.

“Here I am, willing to be a direct donor to her. It does not affect any other patient on the transplant list,” said Fougner. “How can I sit here and allow them to murder my friend when I’ve got a perfectly good kidney and can save her life?”

The hospital did not respond to a request for comment. It told news outlets in a statement that there are many requirements in place at transplant centers, such as requiring patients to avoid alcohol.

“In almost all situations, transplant recipients and living donors at UCHealth are now required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in addition to meeting other health requirements and receiving additional vaccinations. Some U.S. transplant centers already have this requirement in place, and others are making this change in policy now,” the hospital said.

State Rep. Tim Geitner, a Republican who first drew awareness to the situation, said in a Facebook Live video that he spoke with Lutali and that she has tested positive for antibodies against the virus that causes COVID-19, but the hospital refuses to make an exception.

“That’s demonstrated through documentation. And still UCHealth is refusing to render this type of care, this type of life saving care, this isn’t even just just typical care, this is life saving care. And that’s incredibly frustrating, incredibly sad, incredibly disgusting, that UCHealth would make this type of a decision and impact an individual in such a dramatic and profound way,” he told followers.

According to the United Network for Organ Sharing, a nonprofit that manages the U.S. organ transplantation system, such policies are not unique, but are not mandated for transplant facilities.

“Each transplant hospital makes its own decisions about listing candidates according to the hospital’s best clinical judgment, including whether or not any specific vaccination is part of their eligibility criteria. If you have questions about listing criteria at your transplant hospital, we encourage you to contact the hospital directly,” the network says on its website.

At least one other hospital reportedly rejected prospective transplant recipients over a refusal to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Sam Allen was told earlier this year by University of Washington Medicine that his heart transplant surgery couldn’t be completed unless he got vaccinated.

“The cardiologist called me and we had a discussion, and he informed me that, ‘well, you’re going to have to get a vaccination to get a transplant.’ And I said: ‘well that’s news to me. And nobody’s ever told me that before.’ And he says, ‘yeah, that’s our policy,’” Allen told KTTH radio.

The university says on its website that people must be fully vaccinated before undergoing a solid organ transplant “unless you have a specific medical exception that prevents you from getting the vaccine.”

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/07/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's just ate up with insanity. I hope somebody gets the schit sued out of them if that poor lady dies.

LOL
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Transplants are always given to the people whom have the better chance of living after receiving the transplant. So I don't have a problem with it.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You knew this was coming.. Right?

Yes, and I predicted it shortly after they started pressuring folks to get the shot. I said repeatedly right here that the next thing will be denial of life saving hospital procedures without showing that you've received the mark ... er, ah, the "vaccine."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
That’s grounds for a lawsuit

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rainshot
That’s grounds for a lawsuit

Yep.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CWT
Transplants are always given to the people whom have the better chance of living after receiving the transplant. So I don't have a problem with it.

Covtards abound.

And we're never in short supply around here, either.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/07/21.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by CWT

SO you're assuming that the lady will catch the covid in the hospital during surgery, or soon after? I'd worry more about infection than covid myself, but you're obviously thinking that covid is a bigger worry. Dumb!!!

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Originally Posted by CWT

SO you're assuming that the lady will catch the covid in the hospital during surgery, or soon after? I'd worry more about infection than covid myself, but you're obviously thinking that covid is a bigger worry. Dumb!!!

Besides that point, the "vaccine" is well known to attack the organs, so it's the height of stupidity to require it before a transplant.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CWT

You read where she tested positive for antibodies giving her several times more protection than “vaccine”-induced antibodies based on the study out of Israel, didn’t you? You read and understood that, correct?? Armed with that knowledge, do you still stand by your comment?

The stupidity of some people is startling.

Fear the crabcat.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Originally Posted by CWT

Besides that point, the "vaccine" is well known to attack the organs, so it's the height of stupidity to require it before a transplant.

So far so good

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Sounds to me like they ALL had choices to make

Simple enough

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ISRO
Sounds to me like they ALL had choices to make

Simple enough

Just like AIDS but that would exclude you so you would be against that

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CWT

Just like blacks with high bp. Ban em from all hospital care

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
True

If you on any type of high pressure medication, you cannot qualify to be a living donor.

That’s hard on black folk, they be born with dat sheeit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hippocratic oath: Do no harm.
Colorado Hospitals: Hold my beer.

Fear the crabcat.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
True

If you on any type of high pressure medication, you cannot qualify to be a living donor.

That’s hard on black folk, they be born with dat sheeit

Only science deniers would disagree slummy

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sounds totally fine.

Hospitals should be political.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Hippocratic oath: Do no harm.
Colorado Hospitals: Hold my beer.

Seems like they did not meet a criteria, besides choice what is stopping them from getting the Vax?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You can donate if you have Lupus markers but are symptom free.

But you will be subjected to an extra couple of rounds of psychological evals to root out any possible coercion or arm bending or worse, pay to play options.

And a separate consent rider.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.