Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Due to my previous 2 dismal Leica service experiences I guess you'd have to say I'm not very smart in that I have acquired a NIB 3200.com unit from an acquaintance of mine. No, I did not buy it directly from a retail facility, but it is still NIB, never used.

Yesterday I got these out of the box, put in the battery, and lo and behold this thing won't range squat, only very occasionally it may read something under 100 yds. Yes, 100 yds, and nothing at all, zero, nada over that range. Disappointing for a $3000 unit.....that's an understatement, as I start hunting mule deer and whitetails in 3 1/2 weeks.

I reach out to Leica Customer service yesterday morning and get crickets until I finally got a contact name from Doug at CL named Hamilton. I reached out to him and he finally did call me back and told me he thought it could be a DOA unit so he sent me an email to get the ball rolling with Brenda at Leica. Didn't hear squat all day yesterday and basically half a day today. She finally emailed me saying that since even though these were a brand new, never registered unit, they would not honor the DOA policy so she got another customer service lady in the loop. Crickets for a few hours then finally another email telling me where to ship them back to. Upon receipt they would guesstimate an ETA for getting them back to me. Yes, I ship and insure on MY dime (about $100), even though this is a brand new, never used, never registered unit. I'm very tempted to demand a refund from my acquaintance in which I purchaser them and let him deal with it, and thank my lucky stars I don't have to deal with Leica Customer Service that still apparently sucks in spite of what I have heard otherwise.

Am I being unreasonable with my experiences and expectations?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No I be mad 2

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Can't fault Leica, or expect them to honor any warranty, on this one. Get your money back from your acquaintance and let him deal with Leica.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I’d be talking to the acquaintance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1. I would take them back to your acquaintance

2. You have bad luck. I have never had that type of experience… Just goes that way sometimes…..

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I guess it really bothers me because I have had to send my Swaro SV's back twice due to me dropping them in the sand and them rolling around, a couple of Leupold RF's, and a new to me Vortex Fury AB that I sent back to fix a very hard to use focus wheel. In every single case they manufacturer sent me a prepaid shipping label. Swaro had them back to me within 3 weeks, Leupy 2 weeks, and Vortex 10 days. Leica seems to think customer service involves sending an email every 8 hours, or when they get around to it.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I will say this without hesitation though......if you own a Leica sport optic product, a guy at Leica by the name of Hamilton Boykin is world class, and will go to bat for you, and you need to know how to contact this guy. He actually picks up the phone and calls you, while everyone else there plays grabasss via email every 6 hours.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping they'd gotten better.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by LJB
Can't fault Leica, or expect them to honor any warranty, on this one. Get your money back from your acquaintance and let him deal with Leica.

Dam sure can fault Lieca, that no honoring the DOA warranty is total and complete BS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LJB

Brush up on Leica's new warranty, or remain ignorant, whatever you prefer.

https://leicacamerausa.com/pages/leica-sport-optics-new-usa-and-canada-warranty-program.html

One of the clowns at customer service emailed me and said "were not purchased from an authorized Leica dealer". In fact, Hamilton traced them back to being purchased exactly as I said, from Guidefitter recently, and they are an authorized Leica dealer. Hopefully he'll school his own ignorant people on how to verify before they continue making fools of themselves.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I take heart that Doug has spoken up for the "new" Leica creed in customer service and warranty, but Leica has dug such a deep hole within their company on this score that I am not surprised they are still struggling. Even with a full house effort a company doesn't turn things around on a dime, there is a culture within every company that takes a while to weed out, and I am not holding my breath. Wish the best for Leica and their excellent products, but a guy is still taking his chances with them........

One, high end rangefinder binos scare me for this very reason. Two, I bought a Leica rangefinder despite my reservations, but made sure I bought them from Doug who appears to have the chutzpah to bring Leica to heel. Three, the majority of Leica units with problems I'm aware in recent times have been the Geovids, and not just the electronics.

I have two good friends who bought Ultravids in the 90's, and when they eventually had problems, they stubbornly and doggedly persisted and eventually got their binos repaired, but it took almost a year and both binos had to make the voyage across the pond.

I'd continue to lean on Leica for a few more days or a week, maybe they will come through in the end.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hope it works out in the end. My last two experiences with Leica's CS, just needing some minor parts, has been excellent, I didn't even have to play the "Doug" card.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Due to my previous 2 dismal Leica service experiences I guess you'd have to say I'm not very smart in that I have acquired a NIB 3200.com unit from an acquaintance of mine. No, I did not buy it directly from a retail facility, but it is still NIB, never used.

Yesterday I got these out of the box, put in the battery, and lo and behold this thing won't range squat, only very occasionally it may read something under 100 yds. Yes, 100 yds, and nothing at all, zero, nada over that range. Disappointing for a $3000 unit.....that's an understatement, as I start hunting mule deer and whitetails in 3 1/2 weeks.

I reach out to Leica Customer service yesterday morning and get crickets until I finally got a contact name from Doug at CL named Hamilton. I reached out to him and he finally did call me back and told me he thought it could be a DOA unit so he sent me an email to get the ball rolling with Brenda at Leica. Didn't hear squat all day yesterday and basically half a day today. She finally emailed me saying that since even though these were a brand new, never registered unit, they would not honor the DOA policy so she got another customer service lady in the loop. Crickets for a few hours then finally another email telling me where to ship them back to. Upon receipt they would guesstimate an ETA for getting them back to me. Yes, I ship and insure on MY dime (about $100), even though this is a brand new, never used, never registered unit. I'm very tempted to demand a refund from my acquaintance in which I purchaser them and let him deal with it, and thank my lucky stars I don't have to deal with Leica Customer Service that still apparently sucks in spite of what I have heard otherwise.

Am I being unreasonable with my experiences and expectations?

Life's too short...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I guess it really bothers me because I have had to send my Swaro SV's back twice due to me dropping them in the sand and them rolling around, a couple of Leupold RF's, and a new to me Vortex Fury AB that I sent back to fix a very hard to use focus wheel. In every single case they manufacturer sent me a prepaid shipping label. Swaro had them back to me within 3 weeks, Leupy 2 weeks, and Vortex 10 days. Leica seems to think customer service involves sending an email every 8 hours, or when they get around to it.

To this day stories like yours about Swaro CS and how I was treated blows my mind...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I can't believe how they treated you either Greg. I'd be pissed about that as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I have two good friends who bought Ultravids in the 90's, and when they eventually had problems,

Ultravid's weren't available in the 90's, being released in 2003. BA's and BN's were. But the point is taken.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by LJB

Brush up on Leica's new warranty, or remain ignorant, whatever you prefer.

https://leicacamerausa.com/pages/leica-sport-optics-new-usa-and-canada-warranty-program.html

One of the clowns at customer service emailed me and said "were not purchased from an authorized Leica dealer". In fact, Hamilton traced them back to being purchased exactly as I said, from Guidefitter recently, and they are an authorized Leica dealer. Hopefully he'll school his own ignorant people on how to verify before they continue making fools of themselves.

If you knew about the new warranty policy, and that the 3200.com in question was covered, then the point of the original post escapes me. Considering how many Leica products I plan NOT to buy, I will spend zero time brushing up on their warranty.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think the point of the OP was to warn others. Personally, I appreciate that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I have two good friends who bought Ultravids in the 90's, and when they eventually had problems,

Ultravid's weren't available in the 90's, being released in 2003. BA's and BN's were. But the point is taken.

You're right Brad, I stand corrected.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Buy new merchandise , ya broke digk

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,346
Posts18,468,775
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.