Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Wake up...

Get WOKE...

https://rivian.com/

Run out of battery?

"The charger has an 18 foot cord and comes with a Level 2 adapter which plugs into NEMA 14-50 four-prong 240V outlet. This means you can expect to regain about 16 miles of range per hour of charge".

"A Level 1 charger utilizes a 120V outlet, which is a standard electrical outlet. When using the included Level 1 adapter, around 3 miles of range per hour."

So COOL... I can run a 120 volt gas generator for 8 hours and get 24 "theoretical" additional miles.

I am SO WOKE to this concept... or not.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You are missing the point, you can get 20 mile per unicorn fart and save a fortune.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
They had me hook, line and sinker with the "Vegan Leather" interior...

And look at that diverse assembly line workforce... all responsibly wearing their masks... even the shemale on the far right jacking off over the team leader wearing skinny jeans and a 6.5 Creedmoor T-shirt. What an perfect a$$.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

...or not

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/08/21. Reason: Work around to post a picture.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't think you fully appreciate the benefits of these EV pickups. One, the GMC Hummer is going to weigh 9,500 pounds empty...when you crash, you will win. If you live in a rural setting and have a 10,000 watt diesel genset in the bed to keep it charged...just think of the momentum...you will win every collision. I think the Ford Lightning is a mere 6,500 empty, and on a cold winter day, I believe it will have a range around a hundred miles...this will be a big hit in the rural west, where they drive 50 miles to get a can of Copehagen.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Everytime I see one of those charging/parking spots, I park my Cummins in it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
How many amps does it draw on the level 1 adapter when charging? Just wondering how much gas a 3000 watt generator will have to use over 8 hours to get that 24 miles. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Just wondering how much gas a 3000 watt generator will have to use over 8 hours to get that 24 miles. GD

Uh-oh, you said the quiet part out loud. shocked whistle

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I don't think you fully appreciate the benefits of these EV pickups. One, the GMC Hummer is going to weigh 9,500 pounds empty...when you crash, you will win. If you live in a rural setting and have a 10,000 watt diesel genset in the bed to keep it charged...just think of the momentum...you will win every collision. I think the Ford Lightning is a mere 6,500 empty, and on a cold winter day, I believe it will have a range around a hundred miles...this will be a big hit in the rural west, where they drive 50 miles to get a can of Copehagen.

And think of the environmental impact caused by the manufacturing of the materials that make up the extra 1000-3000 pounds in all of the electric vehicles.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope the chinks use them to transport their troops for their series of planned invasions, it will take 6 years to arrive at their destination.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by flintlocke

And think of the environmental impact caused by the manufacturing of the materials that make up the extra 1000-3000 pounds in all of the electric vehicles.

There was a peer reviewed study (MIT?) of the total carbon footprint of just the lithium ion battery a couple years ago, it was bad, real bad, and the study was ignored by the media of course. Only reason I saw it was a friend who subscribes to an engineering magazine forwarded it to me. Mechanical Engineering, journal of the ASME, I think.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My diesel trucks get stuck in the mud, these things would be a real POS off-road.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bunch of liberal pipe dreams. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
They all tout the charging stations but nobody ever talks about how much you pay to charge. Somebody has to pay. If it's free it won't be for long. When they get a bunch of suckers hooked they'll stick it to them. Nothing is free and the self sustaining engine hasn't been invented yet. Who knows what the future holds, perhaps the "Warp Drive" and we'll magically just show up where we want to be without having to do anything but wave a salt shaker. It ain't here yet folks.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The OP link has a video called Electifying The Trans America Trail. At no place does it show what's necessary to build charging stations in the back country, the trenches for underground lines or the overhead wires. I would rename it 'Trashing the Trans America Trail'.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ERROR 699 - CANNOT CHARGE VEHICLE.
Your account is frozen. Voted wrong party in recent election. Please remove charge cable from vehicle charging port.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or...

Please enter Covid vaccination certificate number to proceed.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I predict the price of old(gasoline powered) trucks is going to go out of sight. Even higher then it is now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn. I just sold one.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I drove 500 miles to go to a jobsite all in one day in my work truck. I went over several mountain passes and in one place, there’s 172 miles between towns. How the hell are you supposed to use an electric truck in this environment? There’s a Tesla charging station at the hotel tho

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (10Glocks, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.