Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Kubota.......the Toyota of tractors........

but the green isn't even worn off the bucket !

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

She's hawt but damn can't you come up with some new pics?

UR turn........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw all that computer schit!

Different tangent, but neighbor had fridge quit. Seems the mother board fried. Give me a fridge with a thermostat inside and forget about a mother board.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/07/21.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
A few years ago, three guys in our maintenance department, two of them also farmers with lots of JD green, were discussing their new JD lawn tractors. Turns out they were all in for repairs and all were less than one year old. It'll be a cold day before I own one. And since Kubota seems to like greenbacks nearly as much as Deere & Co., my Kioti tractor has been serving me just fine.

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
My DAMN battery went out last year on my 2007 Kubota.Oh ya that was all that every quit after what 13 years!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
John Deere is getting out of hand, your story has become common. Dealer calls seem to start at $1000+.

When it gets to the point I gotta have the Deere guys come out I'm wishing it'll only be a $1000.00

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Kubota.......the Toyota of tractors........

but the green isn't even worn off the bucket !

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

She’s got a bucket alright.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by muleshoe
John Deere is getting out of hand, your story has become common. Dealer calls seem to start at $1000+.

When it gets to the point I gotta have the Deere guys come out I'm wishing it'll only be a $1000.00

So what are you running for a combine these days, Scott?

Just got off the phone with Fred C. Covid has really hit his family. Lost his Mom and Brother Brian. Mike is still in the hospital. Seems they all caught the virus!

Stay safe my friend and have a great harvest!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
John Deere's highwater mark was the steel plow. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Deere dealer is the same here. When I checked into Deeres a few years ago,they were $2K higher than the Kubota and wanted to tack on another $2k for 4 WD. A few days later they called me back AFTER I signed for a Kubota,telling me they could do better than the Kubota price.I told them they should have figured it when I first talked to them and hung up.

The local Kubota dealer here in Coloraso Springs runs a close 2nd to that Deere dealer,but the one east of pueblo is solid

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Deere dealer is the same here. When I checked into Deeres a few years ago,they were $2K higher than the Kubota and wanted to tack on another $2k for 4 WD. A few days later they called me back AFTER I signed for a Kubota,telling me they could do better than the Kubota price.I told them they should have figured it when I first talked to them and hung up.

The local Kubota dealer here in Coloraso Springs runs a close 2nd to that Deere dealer,but the one east of pueblo is solid

When I bought my 100hp Case I shopped Deere as well.

Apples to apples the Case was $10k less, and had a loader. The Deere didn't even have a loader at that price.

Deere wasn't even in the running. I don't have anything against Green, but ain't paying that much more for it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by saddlesore

When I bought my 100hp Case I shopped Deere as well.

Apples to apples the Case was $10k less, and had a loader. The Deere didn't even have a loader at that price.

Deere wasn't even in the running. I don't have anything against Green, but ain't paying that much more for it.

I came real close to buying a new Case tractor instead of a Kubota. Excellent looking tractors just got scared off by Case -NH parts availability in 20-30 years. They just keep changing engines and transmissions through the years. Kubota has pretty much stayed with what has worked for them from the beginning.

Life is good live it while you can.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Only somewhat related here in that it's another JD loss to Kubota. The JD dealer in Gulfport MS has a large billboard kinda right in the middle of their lot. For the longest time they leased that billboard. Their manager decided one day that it was a waste of money since the sea of green surrounding it was eye catching enough. So down came the billboard. Quite to the surprise of the dealer, up went a Lee Tractor (Kubota) billboard almost immediately. Ooops, they hadn't thought about that scenario.

Good for them...

Here locally, we had a JD dealership that lasted good part of a century. JD evidently doesn't like those small dealers, squeezed this guy into selling out to a big regional dealer. That big dealer is about like described earlier, milking all the cash they can, whereas the small dealer was always about helping his customers. He had personal relationship with his customers. Lot of us were pizzed off by that power play, as we liked the family dealership and the dealer.

It looks like that's a great way for JD to facilitate sales of more and more red and orange tractors in this area....

And, they deserve it. I'm running green, but won't replace green with green..... I have local mechanics that keep me going, try to say away from those money grabbers who could care less about us like the other guy did.

An example, I burned up the slip clutch on my Bush Hog. Those guys would only sell me a "kit" for a "C" note, when all I wanted was two discs. Their kit included a set of springs. Nothing wrong with my springs, didn't need all that, just the discs. I found some on line for peanuts compared to a hundred bucks, rebuilt it myself.

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gruff say you shouldn’t pay for paint.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I'm seeing more and more Mahindra tractors around here. They look OK, just don't know that much about them.

Anyone using them?

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John Deere's highwater mark was the steel plow. laugh

Ouch.....

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Originally Posted by muleshoe

So what are you running for a combine these days, Scott?

Just got off the phone with Fred C. Covid has really hit his family. Lost his Mom and Brother Brian. Mike is still in the hospital. Seems they all caught the virus!

Stay safe my friend and have a great harvest!

An '06 9660, reasonably lows hours, it'll last me for however long I need it to. With my small farm I don't put many hours on a machine like that in a season.

I did not know this about Fred and his fam, I've been out of town for a while so it takes a while to catch up on the local news.

I need to call Fred...

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Buy orange and never get a lemon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
JD evidently doesn't like those small dealers, squeezed this guy into selling out to a big regional dealer. That big dealer is about like described earlier, milking all the cash they can, whereas the small dealer was always about helping his customers. He had personal relationship with his customers.

Many Deere dealers, including my grandad, built such reputations and succeeded by offering great customer service. Deere's reps were telling the small dealers their days were numbered as long ago as the late 80s, to my knowledge. And they weren't blowing smoke, either.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I went into a Deere Dealer years before I was serious about getting a Tractor.
They treated me like crap.
I asked 100s of operators what Tractor to buy.
Everyone of them said JD and then asked me what I wanted in a Tractor and like it was a script everyone on them told me Kubota.
When I got serious I went to one place and they treated me like a King and still do when ever I call to ask them questions.
Kubota makes everything them selves from the chassis's to the Engines. As far as I know everyone else has others build parts for their tractors when it comes to small tractors.
I purchased an MX5800 and I am Very Very satisfied with it.
It has surprised me several times in what it has done for me.
I like my MX5800 so much that when it came time to get a UTV I went back to Kubota and purchased an RTV-X100C. It is a snail going up steep hills but it is a real work horse for me and I really do not need the speed. I need it to work.
I will admit I have absolutely no personal experience with any other tractors so my opinion my be a bit slanted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JD set out to corner the Marine market here over 30 years ago. And they pretty much did it. CAT lost a lot of that business.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

502 members (219DW, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 40 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,230
Posts18,447,730
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.