Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Older, 90s era Bushmasters (some) were made by LAR (Grizzly) company.

LAR was one of 4 major receiver companies in the United States at the time that produced AR receivers for pretty much everyone else.

Noveske and Spikes also used LAR Grizzly, who at the time was also a small time defense manufacturer and was building top notch products. You can tell if your older Bushmaster is one of the original LAR guns, as the serial number will start with an L.

I have a couple LAR (Grizzly) billet uppers that are fantastic

ARIC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Weird, I heard "ABC" meant Always buy Colt.. The reason behind that was because Colt appreciated very well, never really losing value.

Until they decided to put in that trigger block and use their proprietary pin size (Large pin Colt).

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Not mid 90's, but mid to latish [2007-2008] 2000's, bought one of the first 450 Bushmasters, it's been a rock solid chunker of Barnes HP's for near 15 years now, great rifle, accurate too.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

LAR was one of 4 major receiver companies in the United States at the time that produced AR receivers for pretty much everyone else.

Noveske and Spikes also used LAR Grizzly, who at the time was also a small time defense manufacturer and was building top notch products. You can tell if your older Bushmaster is one of the original LAR guns, as the serial number will start with an L.

I have an old 90s era Bushy and this is what the receiver markings look like:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These were at the time, top notch receivers.

Yeah, the good ones. Like the "L" prefix that's behind my bedroom door.

Were they better, or as good as Colt?

So many other Colt guns I felt were 30-40% name. The AR?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunzo

I had one too. It was excellent. I sold it because it had a left hand upper on it and someone else wanted it more than I did. It was just as good as any other AR I have, maybe better in some regards:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
IMO Bushmaster was always a quality product. I believe at one time they had some escapes on the BCG gas key screws not being staked. I have an early 2008 rifle and it’s been as good as the Colt.

Really don’t know about them since Remington acquired them.

M
M
I have had 1 for 10-12 years and no problems , killed several critters with it, will be used next weekend maybe, grand sons last juvy hunt.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gunzo

The LAR guns were comparable to Colt in that they were building guns to specification of the contracts. Later (in the mid 2000s) I spent a good bit of time at places where we had many hundreds of Colt M4 series weapons (running overseas armories), Colt Defense was definitely a putting out a very solid product. The older civilian version Colt 6920 and 6720 and variants were very well built guns, when they were done in-house. I cannot comment on the current product as I have not inspected one, but my personally owned ones are quite solid.

I worked on a few hundred Bushmasters that were newer (early 2000's ) guns and they were not on par as compared to the older Bushy guns when built by LAR. The Windham guns I would not even bother with.

In the past I always recommended a Colt or FN brand AR. Both companies have been providing rifles/carbines for our Armed Forces (and others) for decades and both build an excellent product.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My late-90’s M4’gery is dead nuts reliable and accurate. It’s my bump in the night rifle. Would not trade it for any other AR.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
My late-90’s M4’gery is dead nuts reliable and accurate. It’s my bump in the night rifle. Would not trade it for any other AR.

Jeff you've never even owned a gun in your life

Jeff you've spent the past 4 years on here peddling your Trump Russian collusion lies. you've proven over and over again you're a low iq anti gun, anti hunting pathological liar and a drug addict

didn't you injure yourself opening a box of nobler bullets? prove me wrong

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This guy! ^^^ crazy Liar.

He’s just trying to get a reaction.

Ribka- unbunch your panties. I distilled it all down and put it right in my .sig for all to see. I ain’t hiding, and despite your best efforts, this is still America. I get an opinion.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Jeff you've never even owned a gun in your life

Jeff you've spent the past 4 years on here peddling your Trump Russian collusion lies. you've proven over and over again you're a low iq anti gun, anti hunting pathological liar and a drug addict

didn't you injure yourself opening a box of nobler bullets? prove me wrong

This isn't the Campfire forum.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
825 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 86 invisible), 3,248 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.