Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by captbutch
BF Goodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A® KO2

I have tried these. pretty good experience, since they were targeted at a baja type environment they are on the soft side but the non KO2 version seems to be a shade less aggressive on the shoulders and a touch more durable.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which Coopers are Chinese made? Main factory is in Ohio. Always considered them a made in USA and American owned company.

God Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

I have tried these. pretty good experience, since they were targeted at a baja type environment they are on the soft side but the non KO2 version seems to be a shade less aggressive on the shoulders and a touch more durable.

Both my pickups wear these. I'm happy so far.

Aggressive enough for me, but quiet enough too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Which Coopers are Chinese made? Main factory is in Ohio. Always considered them a made in USA and American owned company.

They’re an American owned company but some of the tires are made in chai-Na. I thought the same thing as you, but I googled cooper rugged trek and it says they’re farmed out.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The last few sets I’ve had were not good. They wouldn’t get the snow out, we’re not good in rain or mud. They’re OK in sand. I said junk in sand but they’re OK.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's I just slapped on my Silverado are stamped Made In USA. They've been a good year round tire for me on an 18 year old 1/2 ton. P metric rated 265/75R 16.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just got very good mileage & service out of a set of Geolanders. Very mixed driving & not the best tire pressure or rotating maintenance. Would buy those again if my driving warranted.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

BFG ATs in all forms are definitely quieter than goodyears. definitely better than the knockoff clones in all respects...

-OMotS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Falken is made in California, right? Maybe foreign ownership but made in USA?

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Falken is made in California, right? Maybe foreign ownership but made in USA?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...11589/falken-wildpeak-a-t3w#Post16111589

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by tzone

They’re an American owned company but some of the tires are made in chai-Na. I thought the same thing as you, but I googled cooper rugged trek and it says they’re farmed out.

That would suck. I watched a review that said they were made in Arkansas, so I bought some.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The first Toyo M/Ts we’re Japanese made and we’re a 60 to 70,000 mile tire on a gas pickup and you couldn’t drive a rock through them. They drove great and didn’t howl.Then they started making them in the US and the first generation were absolutely [bleep] as you couldn’t get 25,00 miles out of the damn things and a lot of flats. As far as I know they are still made in the US and are doing a lot better. The set I have on now have got over 50 k on them. I’m hearing decent thing’s about the open country A/T tires on diesel trucks. Les Schwabs had them exclusively but I think that has changed and you can get them elsewhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I used to know the big name - generic associations...

Conti - General ::German manuf:US Manuf.

https://www.carlogos.org/reviews/largest-tire-manufacturers.html

https://tiresvote.com/articles/subsidiaries-of-leading-tire-companies/

-OMotS

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
You can see on Tire Rack in the "Specs" section for each tire, where it is made.

General Grabber A/Ts are made in the US and would top my list for a mix of road/off-road/snow.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MarkWV
From Consumer Reports:

BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Cooper, Firestone, General, Goodyear, Hankook, Kelly, Kumho, Michelin, Mickey Thompson, Nexen, Nitto, Toyo, and Yokohama currently manufacture tires here in America. But these are not all truly "American" brands.

Complicating national pedigrees further, manufacturers might not build all their models exclusively in any one country, as they seek cost efficiency and address local tire needs, such as supplying car factories.

The BFGoodrich tires we bought were made in Canada, China, and the U.S.—but not in the parent corporation’s home nation, France. Tires from the Ohio-based Goodyear brand were built in Canada, Chile, Turkey, and the U.S. Firestone tires were sourced from Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, the U.S., and Vietnam. And the tires we tested from Milan-based Pirelli were made in Brazil, Italy, Mexico, and Russia.

We have a big Goodyear plant here in SE Alberta (Medicine Hat). I have had great results running Nokians and Geolanders over the years on my various Rams. Wanted Nokians for my current 2019 Ram but they don't make them in the size I needed. Went with Coopers instead. Bought them in early Sept, went on a Foothills hunting trip right away. Ran my truck into places guys weren't going with Quads. I'm happy so far.
Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Twopatch
Goodyear went WOKE last year.

And they bought Cooper. Never really bought Goodyear, but won’t be buying Cooper anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I need a new set of shoes on the truck. I needs decent off-road for sand and mud and snow in the road.

Looks like the coopers I liked are Chi-coms so they’re out.

the coopers I used to run are now made in Thailand, tire guy said same company/same plant?

I need to look it up. not called Coopers anymore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I had 3 sets of BFG’s of Ford diesels. The Exo’s are better in every way. Stiffer sidewall, throw less rocks, get 10K more Mi out of them, no more noise than KO2’s. They’re better on packed snow/ice as well but I didn’t figure you’d care about that.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Many of the big tire companies have plants in multiple countries. Pretty hard to tell which place your toes are coming from. I'm running Wildpeaks. Great tire. I wouldn't put Geolanders on my truck if they were free. No warranty, no customer service

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
501 members (10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 43 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.