Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
You can see on Tire Rack in the "Specs" section for each tire, where it is made.

General Grabber A/Ts are made in the US and would top my list for a mix of road/off-road/snow.

I’ve wondered about those. They’re kinda like the first gen BFG’s

Camp is where you make it.
BP-B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Many of the big tire companies have plants in multiple countries. Pretty hard to tell which place your toes are coming from. I'm running Wildpeaks. Great tire. I wouldn't put Geolanders on my truck if they were free. No warranty, no customer service

From Discount Tire the Geolander AT’s have a 60k mile warranty.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
You can see on Tire Rack in the "Specs" section for each tire, where it is made.

General Grabber A/Ts are made in the US and would top my list for a mix of road/off-road/snow.

I had a set of Grabber A/T 2s on my little Chevy Tracker and was well satisfied with their performance on paved roads, some light off road, as well as snow and ice, but the tread did wear down to where they needed to be replaced at about 10k miles short of the manufacture's mileage rating.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Many of the big tire companies have plants in multiple countries. Pretty hard to tell which place your toes are coming from. I'm running Wildpeaks. Great tire. I wouldn't put Geolanders on my truck if they were free. No warranty, no customer service

From Discount Tire the Geolander AT’s have a 60k mile warranty.

Try to collect on it. Worst tire company in existence

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What ever wall-mart is selling, are good to go..

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I need a new set of shoes on the truck. I needs decent off-road for sand and mud and snow in the road.

Looks like the coopers I liked are Chi-coms so they’re out.

Go to Tirerack.com, enter the size tire you need. Pull up the specs on any tire that interests you, it'll list the country of manufacture. There are quite a few American-made tires, contrary to popular belief.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
I just got very good mileage & service out of a set of Geolanders. Very mixed driving & not the best tire pressure or rotating maintenance. Would buy those again if my driving warranted.

I run those on my Frontier, and they're great in snow, and pretty good in rain, too, except when it's raining REALLY hard. I bought some in October about four years ago, and drove out to Missouri in November, when they got a bad, bad snowstorm for deer season. I never spun a tire even in the snow and ice. I had reason to drive to KC, and they worked well on the highway, I passed a LOT of cars, trucks and SUVs piloted by morons who didn't know how to drive in the snow and had spun out into the median (I-70). I didn't even have extra weight in the bed (2WD), but I never spun a tire and didn't feel a bit worried about traction.

We had a deluge situation a couple of weeks ago, coming home from visiting my ailing mother, when the bottom fell out of the sky, and it rained so hard that RainX and new wiper blades couldn't keep up with the rain, and the now older Yokohamas spun going UPhill on the water running down the road. That scared me a lot worse than the snow somewhat earlier. No tires could have done better, though, I think fish could have lived on that highway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There is a Cooper Plant somewhere around Texarkana. I drove by it a couple of weeks ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Which Coopers are Chinese made? Main factory is in Ohio. Always considered them a made in USA and American owned company.

They’re an American owned company but some of the tires are made in chai-Na. I thought the same thing as you, but I googled cooper rugged trek and it says they’re farmed out.

That would suck. I watched a review that said they were made in Arkansas, so I bought some.

I checked the Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek on Tire Rack and they say USA origin:

Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek

Last edited by UncleAlps; 10/10/21.

God Bless America
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have these on a 2018 4runner. They were rated as the #1 tire by tire rack when I got them. I don't think they are very good in the snow, a bit noisy, wearing fast, and worst had a super hard time to balance. I won't get these again at any price. They had me stuck for a few hours last winter in some nice ice and snow. I think a better tire would have pulled out. I am really amazed these were a top line tire. My factory tires were a lot better, and got more mileage to boot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My Toyo Open Country AT 3s are a damn good tire and say Made in USA on the side wall. I have them on my 2017 F250 Diesel with about 10k on them and show very little wear! Absolutely great tire in the snow and ice last year and are much more quiet on the road than my last set of BFGs!

I keep them at 65psi and rotate every 5k.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by elkcountry
My Toyo Open Country AT 3s are a damn good tire and say Made in USA on the side wall. I have them on my 2017 F250 Diesel with about 10k on them and show very little wear! Absolutely great tire in the snow and ice last year and are much more quiet on the road than my last set of BFGs!

I keep them at 65psi and rotate every 5k.

I had 55K miles on the pair that was on my last truck when I sold it. They still looked like they were going to go another 50K.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AT Duellers.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have these [General Grabber A/T] on a 2018 4runner. They were rated as the #1 tire by tire rack when I got them. I don't think they are very good in the snow, a bit noisy, wearing fast, and worst had a super hard time to balance. I won't get these again at any price. They had me stuck for a few hours last winter in some nice ice and snow. I think a better tire would have pulled out. I am really amazed these were a top line tire. My factory tires were a lot better, and got more mileage to boot.

From tires to bullets, ratings and reviews are a crap shoot. I read them with a healthy dose of interpretation. Most reviews are worthless. And there is always the chance you simply get a set from a bad lot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cooper AT3....and they are US Made

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
As of last year every LT rated Cooper was made in the US. That sucks if they went Chinese

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nitto ridge grapplers are my current go to for an all around AT tire. I have 35k on the set on my f350 diesel and expect I would get atleast 50k from them but that truck is due to be traded in as soon as my new f350 is built. It too will get Ridge Grapplers

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a set of Hankook ATMs on my truck for over four years and all but 60K miles. Would've still passed inspection, but it was October and I ain't much for going into winter with minimal tread. Good wear, fair wet traction, pretty good in snow, mud and on icy roads.

Replaced them with a donated set of Bridgestone AT Duelers with about 3/4s tread left. Not my cup of tea and no comparison to the Hankooks. Debating what to replace those with this fall, now on a limited income since I'm retired. Probably get one more year out of the truck, so expensive tires aren't on the menu?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve had good luck with coopers, at some of tires are made in the USA

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've been looking at these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cep-74532 Dick Cepek Trail Country and according to the website they are Made in USA

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
159 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 13 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.